Any one got bbweather working with the tour. It installed, but when I try to run it, it freezes the phone and I need to reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:36 AM
    BB Weather works just fine on my Tour, are you running the latest version? .89 is the newest...
    07-30-09 11:38 AM
    Try a battery pull

07-30-09 11:39 AM
    BB Weather works just fine on my Tour, are you running the latest version? .89 is the newest...
    Do u have an ota link for that version.

07-30-09 11:46 AM
    07-30-09 11:51 AM
    Thanks......
    07-30-09 12:08 PM
    Just downloaded .91.2 actually today! Here's OTA:

http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=BBWeatherEx

and heres the article:

BBWeather Experimental with GPS - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

To use GPS:
    1) Add a new location -- Options - Current Profiles - Add
    2) Set Location ID: @gps
    3) Set the other fields to whatever you want
    4) Press "OK" to save it
    5) Under Options, look for the first "GPS Type"
    6) If you have the Tour, for "GPS Type" use "Autonomous".
    7) That's it, save the Options and go back to the current conditions screen.

... copied from website, for more exact details check it out
    Last edited by rfdesort; 07-30-09 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Updated to front page of article
    07-30-09 12:11 PM
    They have been updating the heck out of this application, that's always good, it will continue to get better and better...
    07-30-09 12:20 PM

and heres the article:

BBWeather Experimental with GPS - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

EDIT: Ugh, nevermind - for some reason it's not working on my Tour. Won't find my location, or accept one.
    Thanks. Maybe Cb needs to update their links.
    07-30-09 12:20 PM
    The latest BBweather works with GPS, and works great on my Tour. If you have the Tour, or Storm, make sure you follow the settings in the link posted in this thread, and for "GPS Type" use "Autonomous". It works flawless for me, and it's very accurate, down to the zip code.

"To use GPS:
    4) Press "OK" to save it
    6) The default type is "Autonomous + Assisted" but not all phones support that type. The Bold does. The Bold does not support Cellsite. You can try all four to see which one works for your model. This knowledge base article might also help you decide.
    7) The second "GPS Type" option is a typo and should be "GPS Server." You can probably leave this as the default, I just put the second server in there because I could. At some point, I may take the option out and just make BBWeather try the 1st one and, if it fails, automatically try the 2nd one.
    8) That's it, save the Options and go back to the current conditions screen.

The 1st line on the Weather screens says BBWeather, the 2nd line says the City and LocationID. If the end of that 2nd line says "GPS" it means the GPS coordinates were just updated right now. If it says "GPS*" it means it is using GPS coordinates obtained sometime in the last 10 minutes. If it says "GPS**" it means BBWeather was unable to obtain GPS coordinates and it is using the last known valid GPS location. The GPS Coordinates are normally only refreshed if they are older than 10 minutes but you can force a refresh at any time by choosing "Update" from the menu."

http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=BBWeatherEX
    07-30-09 12:40 PM
    Some people are getting invalid location when they type in @gps, anyone have an idea to troubleshoot this issue?
    07-30-09 02:35 PM
    Some people are getting invalid location when they type in @gps, anyone have an idea to troubleshoot this issue?
    Make sure you toggle between the "GPS Type" options, if you have a Tour, it should be set to "Autonomous".
    07-30-09 02:42 PM
    I don't see a "GPS Type" option on the Tour in BB weather. :? I assume you don't mean Advanced Options -> GPS?
    08-05-09 03:13 PM
    I don't see a "GPS Type" option on the Tour in BB weather. :? I assume you don't mean Advanced Options -> GPS?
    In the BBW program... BB Button >> Options >> Then theres a bunch of drop down menus.
    08-05-09 03:16 PM
    In the BBW program... BB Button >> Options >> Then theres a bunch of drop down menus.
    I see a "Connection Type" (auto, BIS, BES, Lcal TCP/APN , wifi etc.), then a bunch of screen appearance dropdowns. No GPS option anywhere. Could it be because I am on a Sprint Tour (Google maps also don't zero in properly on it)?

I got the app from the link above.
    08-05-09 04:53 PM
    I've been using BBWeather GPS for about 10 days and seems to work great on my Verizon Tour, other than the home screen temp not staying current, but not that big of deal to me.
    08-05-09 06:08 PM
    I've been using BBWeather GPS for about 10 days and seems to work great on my Verizon Tour, other than the home screen temp not staying current, but not that big of deal to me.
    Hmm. Pretty much everyone for whom GPS BBWeather works fine has a Verizon Tour. Can anyone with a Sprint Tour confirm that their BBWeather app works fine with GPS?
    08-06-09 10:06 AM
    i have the verizon on and it still isnt working for me
    08-06-09 11:27 AM
    Be sure to type in a location description too, just below where you enter the @gps.
    08-10-09 09:28 PM
    Forgive my confusion, but this app is different than berry weather, no?

08-10-09 10:58 PM
    Yes.... Different app. Its working fine on mine. I'm running .91.2
    08-11-09 12:25 AM

and heres the article:

To use GPS:
    4) Press "OK" to save it
    6) If you have the Tour, for "GPS Type" use "Autonomous".
    7) That's it, save the Options and go back to the current conditions screen.

... copied from website, for more exact details check it out

Thanks, exactly what I needed.
    08-13-09 04:50 PM
    How do I get it to display in Celcius?
    08-13-09 06:03 PM
    I followed the directions for setup but anytime I click the app. I get this:

BbWeather Current Conditions

Error - Current Conditions Thread

(@gpsnull):

Invalid location provided

Last edited by Scion.Nole; 08-13-09 at 06:20 PM.
    08-13-09 06:15 PM
    I see a "Connection Type" (auto, BIS, BES, Lcal TCP/APN , wifi etc.), then a bunch of screen appearance dropdowns. No GPS option anywhere. Could it be because I am on a Sprint Tour (Google maps also don't zero in properly on it)?

I got the app from the link above.
    Works great on my sprint tour!!!!!! Left that on auto. Also in the location ID slot put the @gps after location selected!!!!!! Then do everything as posted and you should be fine....

08-13-09 10:02 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD