I tried searching around to see if anyone else was having this issue with BBWeather. There is no bug report for the app that I can find on the developers website so I wanted to ask it here.

I have the BBweather icon on my today screen. The problem I am having is it doesnt always update to reflect the current conditions. For example right now, it is showing me 69 degrees with a full moon icon. This was the conditions for last night, but the icon isnt changing to display the current conditions.

I went into options and I have the weather update set to 30 min as well as homepage update enabled. The weird thing is if I push the BB button, where all my folders and apps are, the icon properly displays in there. So right now it has a sunny icon with clouds around it and is reporting the weather to be 83 degrees.

I was wondering why the app wouldn't update on the today screen, but the icon would be updated in the BBmenu. This post might not make any sense but I dont know how else to explain it perhaps I will take some pics of it in a bit.
    08-03-09 01:14 PM
    Weird. It used to do this on my Storm. The icon wouldn't update correctly, or it would show a "N/A", but then I'd hit the BB button to show all my icons/folders and it would be updated correctly. If you haven't yet, I'd try doing a Battery Pull. I think that's what I used to do, and it worked out. If not, try a re-install, it sucks but.
    08-03-09 01:26 PM
    This is a known issue between RIM and software developers. The weather app will not update on the home screen, but if you hit the menu key and go to the "App screen" it will. I have a Tour running OS 4.7 and the weather icon does update on the home screen...
    08-03-09 01:35 PM
    This is a known issue between RIM and software developers. The weather app will not update on the home screen, but if you hit the menu key and go to the "App screen" it will. I have a Tour running OS 4.7 and the weather icon does update on the home screen...
    hmm thanks for the responses, and yeah good to see its not just me.

As far as a battery reset. I have my phone in a hard case, but I can simulate a battery reset via alt, right side cap, delete. And yeah that is the only thing that has been working for me as well. Kind of annoying to have to reset the phone that frequently though. Thing takes 5 min or so to fully boot.
    08-03-09 02:52 PM
    I believe the problem only exists on custom or Zen layouts. If you use an icon homescreen it updates fine.
    08-03-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD