Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that we have now released v1.4.1 of BBSmart Shortcuts!

For the uninitiated
    Using BBSmart Shortcuts you can create shortcuts to native apps, third-party apps, websites, and common tasks like emailing, calling, and SMS'ing contacts. It's got a cool facebook-like interface and is really easy to use. When set to run from a convenience key press BBSmart Shortcuts is a pretty nifty way to get around and be more productive on your BlackBerry.

What's new? (since v1.3)
    - A lot more native and third-party applications available for selection for the toolbar
    - Now able to paste URLs when creating web shortcuts
    - Better support for large address books
    - Escape will now dismiss the auto-complete drop-down

How to upgrade/install
    If you currently have BBSmart Shortcuts installed just select "About" from the menu and then "Check for Updates". On the download site that comes up make sure the version listed is 1.4.1. If it isn't, you may need to select "Refresh" from the menu to clear out your browser cache. You can simply install over the top of v1.3 and all your setting/shortcuts will be preserved.

If you don't have BBSmart Shortcuts installed, just head over to the product listing here on CrackBerry.com and you can check out the free trial or buy it.

Thanks very much for all your support and we're looking forward to hearing all your feedback! I'll be around on the forums to answer any questions you may have, otherwise please feel free to email our support team: [email protected]

Cheers,
    Neil.
    07-11-08 06:23 AM
    Thanks for the heads up!!

Glad you actively support all of your apps, really lookin' forward to the next Alarms Pro update!
    07-11-08 07:12 AM
    **Claps** Neil your the bomb! Bravo to you guys over at BBSmart!
    07-11-08 07:39 AM
    Awesome job on all the BBSmart apps. Great work.
    07-11-08 07:41 AM
    It's asking me to register, I purchased this app a few weeks ago for $5 but wasn't able to get it to work until today. How do I get past this part, I don't have the activation code
    07-11-08 08:10 AM
    It's asking me to register, I purchased this app a few weeks ago for $5 but wasn't able to get it to work until today. How do I get past this part, I don't have the activation code
    Hi Jewelzz,

Just send our support team an email (email address above) and include your order number and device PIN. Or, if you don't have your order number just include the email address you used when you purchased the software.

Cheers,
    Neil.
    07-11-08 08:31 AM
    Hi Jewelzz,

Just send our support team an email (email address above) and include your order number and device PIN. Or, if you don't have your order number just include the email address you used when you purchased the software.

Cheers,
    Neil.
    Believe me, one e-mail is all it will take to get you fixed up. These guys are terrific to work with!
    07-11-08 08:51 AM
    I just upgraded!!! Good Job!
    07-11-08 09:39 AM
    Thanks Neil.
    07-11-08 09:52 AM
    Thanks Neil!
    07-11-08 10:44 AM
    Works great! Nice work.

Now we just need an update for OS 4.5 for BBSmart
    07-11-08 06:03 PM
    For the Record!!

BBSmart rocks!! One of my favorite developers for a number of reasons!!

1) Great, useful and efficient apps!
    2) Their support is amazing!! They really care about us as a community and the customer as an individual
    3) They take an active role in the community, ask for feedback and use it to improve their products!!
    4) Upgrades are FREE (my favorite... I paid for an app, so I should be entitled to upgrades too... especially in the BB world when upgrades can happen weekly!)

Keep rocking on BBSmart!
    07-11-08 06:10 PM
    For the Record!!

BBSmart rocks!! One of my favorite developers for a number of reasons!!

1) Great, useful and efficient apps!
    2) Their support is amazing!! They really care about us as a community and the customer as an individual
    3) They take an active role in the community, ask for feedback and use it to improve their products!!
    4) Upgrades are FREE (my favorite... I paid for an app, so I should be entitled to upgrades too... especially in the BB world when upgrades can happen weekly!)

Keep rocking on BBSmart!
    Don't know about anyone else but I know I can't say it any better
    07-11-08 06:41 PM
    Awesome, thanks! Can't believe these new versions are being released so quickly!

When was 1.3 released? Like 2 weeks ago?

Keep up the good work
    07-12-08 04:25 AM
    After one day of using new version, its much better. Great Job Neil!

Cheers!
    07-12-08 11:50 AM
    Thanks for all your nice feedback guys

We're hoping to start beta testing of v1.5 towards the end of this coming week. Maybe early in the week after. When we do we'll be running it through our BBSmart forum here on CrackBerry.

If there are any features you'd like to see in v1.5 now is the time to tell us!

Thanks,
    Neil.
    07-13-08 07:26 PM
    So what's in store for 1.5? I'd like to be able to tell which number I'm selecting when creating a messaging shortcut or maybe just list the mobile number and email.
    07-13-08 08:13 PM
    So what's in store for 1.5? I'd like to be able to tell which number I'm selecting when creating a messaging shortcut or maybe just list the mobile number and email.
    Hi twitch3,

Main things planned for v1.5 is the ability to move email/sms/phone/web shortcuts and also keyboard shortcuts for creating a new task, calendar appointment, and memo.

With your suggestion I'm guessing you mean when you go to click a shortcut you'd like to see the underlying phone number/email addy that's going to be invoked?

That's a really good idea actually and I think a good way we can do this is make it so that when your focus is on a particular shortcut you'll get a tooltip that shows this detail.

Alright, that's going in v1.5 too!

Cheers,
    Neil.
    07-13-08 08:24 PM
    Actually I was referring to the actual creation of the shortcut. New Shortcut->Messaging-> Enter a contacts name in the box. Moive to the Phone box and I'm presented a list of numbers that are in the address book for this contact. It would be nice if the mobile number could be identified someway since some contacts have four numbers and I don't always know which is mobile. Thanks.
    07-13-08 08:29 PM
    Actually I was referring to the actual creation of the shortcut. New Shortcut->Messaging-> Enter a contacts name in the box. Moive to the Phone box and I'm presented a list of numbers that are in the address book for this contact. It would be nice if the mobile number could be identified someway since some contacts have four numbers and I don't always know which is mobile. Thanks.
    Oh ok sure. Maybe we can put a little icon next to each number to indicate whether it is a home, work, or mobile number?
    07-13-08 08:35 PM
    Awesome, thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 08:44 PM
    Here are my request lists:

1 - As you said, "the ability to move email/sms/phone/web shortcuts". Hopefully this is both the shortcut section as well as the sorting / moving of shortcuts within each section?
    2 - Add the "Media" shortcut so that it can be added to the toolbar.

Thanks,

Tony
    07-14-08 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD