Okay...so I downloaded this app (free trial) and for the life of me can't figure it out. I assigned it an inconvenience key and the page would open up with all the shortcuts but then what????

I see where I can move icons on the tool bar above but when I click on e-mail or messaging nothing happens. Am I supposed to move the icons on the toolbar into one of the menus?

What am I doing wrong??
    07-24-08 07:39 PM
    Like you said, it is best used when assigned to a Convenience Key...

you open the app and then you hit the Menu button and you can create a bunch of different shortcuts in there for fast access of things you do a lot.

For example, if you email your boss a lot... make a shortcut to email him. If you call your kid after school, make a shortcut (although speed dial is better!)

If you txt message someone a lot... make shortcut. You get the idea.

Then you can always have all of those things you do on a daily basis right at the power of your convenience key. I will be honest, I have not used it as much as I could... I should add more shortcuts!!

But... it is a nice thing to have!!
    07-24-08 07:51 PM
    Thanks bmcclure937...let me give it a whirl but it seems the way I have already set up my bb, everything is pretty convenient... maybe this will be even better...I'll see...
    07-24-08 08:10 PM
    okay so I tried it and to be honest it is a bit of a pain in the ***...this just isn't working for me... It seems to be too much trouble. I'm sure it may work for other people.
    07-24-08 08:14 PM
    okay so I tried it and to be honest it is a bit of a pain in the ***...this just isn't working for me... It seems to be too much trouble. I'm sure it may work for other people.
    The same way a lotta people feel. Honestly, you are better off without it... IMO.

It just does not feel natural to me... and does not cut down on navigation time at all. It is about the same speed for me.

I recommend turning off dialing from home screen and it opens up a huge window of keyboard shortcuts for you to use!! And then install the app called qSMS, and this allows composition of text messages with the push of the 'q' button from the home screen!
    07-24-08 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD