Hello,

Just enjoying the novelty of listening to various radio conversations through BBScanner from around the world. Its great fun so far as I didn't expect it to work for me as a UK user, even found a UK radio channel to snoop on, typically dull LOL but funny at the same time,

Anyway,
    I was just wondering if anybody knows if the audio streaming sent through the device is live or pre recorded and 'logged' on the given channels? When I click to listen to a channel there is a buffering of about 30 seconds so I accept there's a lag of approx that time, but apart from that is it all live streaming? I'm on the trial at the moment and as we're not allowed to listen to our emergency services conversations over here I'm finding the rest of the worlds entertaining and would probably buy the full app

Many thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 03:24 PM
    I'm not 100% sure, but I imagine it's live. it's perfectly legal to listen to emergency channels, and doing a long lag period would take a lot of storage space. That means costing more $. So I doubt it's prerecorded.

05-26-10 03:51 PM
    Thank you very much,

yeah I see what you mean about the storage and cost of the audio being pre recorded, that makes sense now for it to be live,

Thanks for your help
    05-26-10 05:19 PM
    I can tell you for a fact that it is 100% live. You may find a short (1 minute or less) lag time.

A friend (or mate as you call them ) has tested the application aginst a live scanner and proved it.
    05-26-10 06:46 PM
    I can tell you for a fact that it is 100% live. You may find a short (1 minute or less) lag time.

A friend (or mate as you call them ) has tested the application aginst a live scanner and proved it.
    lol I hadn't really thought about it but we call everyone 'mate', although it depends which part you're in, some people say 'duck' but not in my neck of the woods...no no no lol

that's great to know about it being live, I've purchased the full version now as it's so much fun lol, we don't realy get to hear that sort of thing over here so it's a novelty
    05-26-10 07:03 PM
    its live, with a little lag though, Im a firefighter and Ive listened to our channel with it.
    05-26-10 07:19 PM
    Indeed it is live, and i havent experienced any lag thus far
    05-26-10 07:43 PM
    def live, have compared it to many channels
    05-26-10 09:13 PM
    I can confirm live also. I work in the public safety field and have lisened to myself and there is approx. 30 second delay where i am at
    05-26-10 11:00 PM
    yes. its live. there maybe a delay, only because were streaming it
    05-27-10 06:59 AM
    Live as well...about a 30 second delay as well...

05-27-10 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD