BBScanner allows you to over listen to over 1,400 police and fire scanners, railroad communications, and weather radio broadcasts from around the world using your BlackBerry with more being added daily.

Some of the more popular scanners people listen to are:

Chicago Police
    Los Angeles Police
    Dallas Police and Fire
    Denver Police and Fire
    Philadelphia Police

You'll have unlimited access to all of the scanners and weather radio streams for 7 days during the trial period.* After the trial period has ended you'll need to register the app (for $2.99, a one-time charge) otherwise listening to the police and fire scanners will be limited to 10 minutes per BBScanner session.* You'll always have unrestricted access to the weather radios whether or not you decide to register.

At this time you must be using OS version 4.5.0 or later to use BBScanner. *

Last edited by Tripster; 10-26-09 at 11:22 PM.
    08-24-09 11:22 PM
    BUMP: BBscanner is always being updated on a weekly basis or so, goto the website, then goto change log. Also you can follow BBScanner on Twitter.

Thnx, Tripster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 08:53 AM
    The fact that you have access to the weather radios regardless is a nice touch. I may get this!
    10-26-09 09:17 AM
    A bump of the old thread wouldn't suffice? http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bb...kberry-262279/ sorry to be a prat. My 2cents when I got this app before I wasn't as impressed with it as I hoped. Prolly cuz I'm Canadian lol!

10-26-09 09:26 AM
    The fact that you have access to the weather radios regardless is a nice touch. I may get this!
    I would suggest trying it out, you do have 7 days to figure out if you want to buy it. I've been using BBScanner for several months and the dev has done a great job on updating it.

Thnx, Tripster

10-26-09 09:28 AM
    A bump of the old thread wouldn't suffice? http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bb...kberry-262279/ sorry to be a prat. My 2cents when I got this app before I wasn't as impressed with it as I hoped. Prolly cuz I'm Canadian lol!

1. It's a 3rd party app. the one you linked was a Storm 3rd party thread. Thus two seperate software for two types of devices, Touch vs non.

2. Also the thread title and post by the OP was updated with new info.

Any additional questions, please let me know.
    10-26-09 09:31 AM

That link is posted within the Storm forum. For those who don't have one don't venture over there, also that could confuse them in thinking its just a Storm app!

Also, there are a lot of user's & abuser's who don't know about BBScanner and don't forget the newbies.

Thnx, Tripster

10-26-09 09:31 AM
    I've been using it for a week now. I am pleased with it's functionality. Especially out here on the road.

10-26-09 09:38 AM
    Do we have anyone out there that uses this app on the 8350i(Nextel)? This would be great for me in my field of work.

10-26-09 09:49 AM
    Do we have anyone out there that uses this app on the 8350i(Nextel)? This would be great for me in my field of work.

It will work for any BB device, just have to have an OS greater then 4.5.0.xxx!

10-26-09 09:59 AM
    I understand that, but due to Nextels slow data speeds is this app actually useful? Someone who actually has said device along with this app should answer.

10-26-09 10:09 AM
    I used this app for a couple days. It's ok. It would be nice if there were actually some channels in my area that I could listen to though. Because of the lack of stations I did not buy after the trial period.
    10-26-09 10:11 AM
    I used this app for a couple days. It's ok. It would be nice if there were actually some channels in my area that I could listen to though. Because of the lack of stations I did not buy after the trial period.
    Well for your area to be within the app/Radio Reference, someone has to volunteer to share that frequency by hooking their scanner to their home pc. There are a lot of new feeds added daily.

I understand that, but due to Nextels slow data speeds is this app actually useful? Someone who actually has said device along with this app should answer.

Trust me it will work, it will just maybe take a little longer for the feed to buffer. For those who don't know it does have an option for WifI.

Last edited by Tripster; 10-26-09 at 10:43 AM.
    10-26-09 10:19 AM
    this is an awesome app...totally among my all time favs
    10-27-09 07:45 PM

I've bee using it since it was in Beta on my 8350i with no problems. As I spend a lot of time on the road, I'm able to listen to my local PD & FD on my BB
    10-28-09 01:41 AM
    I've bee using it since it was in Beta on my 8350i with no problems. As I spend a lot of time on the road, I'm able to listen to my local PD & FD on my BB
    How did I know you were going to respond to that post! Its the #1 most used app I have!

Thnx, Tripster

10-28-09 01:51 AM
    I love this app however my area is not listed and being that i dont have a scanner i cant add it so if someone can add my area police/sheriffs dept for me that would be great. I am in NC, Hertford County. I attempted to help with this process by looking on radioreference.com to get some info that you might need to do this.

Hertford County Sheriff:

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
    154.74000 KNAO329 RM 203.5 PL Sheriff FM Law Dispatch
    154.11500 WPRI451 BM 203.5 PL Sheriff FM Law Tac
    155.97000 KNAO329 BM 203.5 PL Sheriff FM Interop

Town of Mufreesboro, NC

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
    155.40000 KZV254 RM 203.5 PL Rescue FM EMS-Talk
    155.61000 KXC729 BM 203.5 PL Police FM Law Dispatch
    156.22500 KXC729 BM 203.5 PL Police FM Law
    Tac

Town Of Ahoskie