This application is in the beta stages and we will continue to update as we release new versions. Just keep a watch on this thread. BB SAK was built as a JL Cmdr replacement tool with a more friendly GUI. It uses Javaloader to do its magic. I hope that you all will find it as useful as I do. Any thanks post there here in this thread. Also if you post on other sites please use the link provided here, so we can keep count of downloads.
    ~Mike & Jason

If you like our work and would like thank us or support development for our free program feel free to make a donation using paypal.

Over 44000+ total downloads since first build of BBSAK!

Suggestions & Help Forum
    Known Bug Thread v1.60

Needed:
    .NET Framework 2.0
    Blackberry Desktop Manager or Drivers

NEW to v1.6.1
    • Minor bug fix with the "remove cods" function

NEW to v1.6
    • Brand New Tabbed Layout for better organization
    • Animated app expansion
    • Multiple COD install now available through the "Install COD(s)" button
    • Multiple COD removal now available through the "Remove COD(s)" button (Read system required to remove cods)
    • Install JAD files (ALL CODs referenced in JAD file must be in the SAME FOLDER as JAD)
    • JAD Maker now included! (Box is drag and drop for windows xp and vista users only)
    • New BB Screenshot Preview! - Preview your screenshot before you save it!
    • RESTORE APPS BUTTON IS BACK!!! (NOTE** will install all files under "BBSAK BACKUP" in the applications section of your blackberry removing this app will remove ALL apps in the backup!!!!! THE ALX IS STILL CREATED!!! feel free to install that via loader.exe or blackberry desktop manager)

v1.5
    • Kill Processes Button added (if your having trouble connecting click kill processes to close (BBdevmgr.exe and RimDevManager.exe both started by desktop manager)
    • Full System Dump (Save ALL Cods on device) (Dump CODs)
    • Save button added to Read System (saves all the file names to a SystemRead.txt)
    • Save button added to Read Event Log (saves Event Log to EventLog.txt)
    • ACCURATE Progress Bar added to 3rd Party Backup
    • ACCURATE Progress Bar added to Full System Dump
    • Files now displayed as they are being saved
    • Can now Save Multiple CODs at one time
    • Error handling added when Read and Save COD button is pushed with nothing selected

v1.4
    We had some fun with cosmetics in this build...
    • BBSAK now has a new icon
    • AutoDetect Now changes image on BBSAK to whatever phone is connected
    • Read System now includes Version and Size (can be sorted, still working on size sorting)
    • ALX now includes version number (displays in applications menu on phone and bbdm)
    • BBSAK now closes BBDevMgr.exe and RIMDeviceManger.exe before attempting to connect (these are started by bbdm and cause issues with BBSAK)
    • Added ability to Read Event Log
    • Added ability to Clear Event Log

v1.3
    • New way to detect device implemented MUCH MORE efficient and accurate
    • Radio is now temporarily disabled while backing up devices (turns back on when backup completed)
    • Backup now creates .alx file (allows you to install from loader.exe/desktop manager) and wont give you trouble when using desktop manager
    • Restore 3rd Party apps removed - with alx install in 1 step with loader.exe
    • Ability to Read all Apps on the Blackberry (3rd party and stock)
    • Ability to Save individual COD files (C:\Program Files\BBSAK\CODs\(App name)\cod file)
    • Ability to Remove individual COD files (THEY WILL BE LOST FOR GOOD!)
    • Ability to Load individual COD files (some require phone restarting others do not depends if app is running in background)
    • Donate button! please donate if you appreciate our hard work!

Main Features
    • Wipe Blackberry leaving a 507 error
    • Reset Blackberry to factory state removing any IT Policy
    • Take Screenshots of your Blackberry (Screenshots stored in My Pictures\BBScreenies now)
    • Auto-Detects if phone is plugged in first.
    • Displays PIN so you know your connected.
    • Will not let you do any actions until phone detected.
    • Load OS will auto delete Vendor.xml and start Loader.exe.(BBDM is needed for this)
    • Backup 3rd Party Apps*
    • Restore 3rd Party Apps**
    *Save to Program Files\BBSAK\Backup (only 1 backup at a time) Will prompt to make rename if backup already exits (click ok to see folder for name change)
    **Restore within Loader.exe

Blackberry Swiss Army Knife Download

Last edited by wowthatisrandom; 10-18-09 at 10:01 AM.
    10-15-09 04:40 PM
    thought 1.6 might fix my problem with 1.5 but still get partial window...any ideas?
    10-15-09 04:56 PM
    Multiple cod install is great. Doing it one at a time sucks. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 05:27 PM
    thought 1.6 might fix my problem with 1.5 but still get partial window...any ideas?
    thats not bbsak v1.6 thats still 1.5
    10-15-09 06:26 PM
    go back to the page, the v1.6 links are up
    10-15-09 07:11 PM
    I'm not sure I like the tabbed interface for the various options.
    10-15-09 08:47 PM
    When I do a "Read System" and try to order by size, it only orders by the first digit. (i.e. 83kb is greater than 2000kb)

ditto
    10-15-09 09:38 PM
    When I do a "Read System" and try to order by size, it only orders by the first digit. (i.e. 83kb is greater than 2000kb)

ditto
    Quote back at you - If I recall, they mentioned the size sort bug in an earlier version and I guess it is still there. If they put in leading ZEROS it might help the sort.
    10-16-09 01:08 AM
    I know what I'm doing tomorrow. I noticed a new os for my 8320 but have been too lazy, now I've got to try this out to update. Can't wait. I love the bbsak I have now, but I'll sure try this out.

10-16-09 01:14 AM
    I know what I'm doing tomorrow. I noticed a new os for my 8320 but have been too lazy, now I've got to try this out to update. Can't wait. I love the bbsak I have now, but I'll sure try this out.

10-16-09 01:28 AM
    right it is 1.5 and it does the same on 1.6 so that's why I was asking any ideas? 1.6 has even more options so I would like to use it...1.3 is the only version so far that works for me!!!
    10-16-09 07:37 AM
    right it is 1.5 and it does the same on 1.6 so that's why I was asking any ideas? 1.6 has even more options so I would like to use it...1.3 is the only version so far that works for me!!!
    hey sorry didnt realize you had already upgraded... what OS are your running? and if its vista or 7 are you running as admin this is the first time this bug has been reported and we would like to work on it

we added the tabs to keep the app from becoming to tall, with the introduction of the new features, and therefore new buttons the app was becoming cluttered with all the buttons

Quote back at you - If I recall, they mentioned the size sort bug in an earlier version and I guess it is still there. If they put in leading ZEROS it might help the sort.
    we are aware of this bug and should have it worked out in the next version. thanks!
    Last edited by wowthatisrandom; 10-16-09 at 12:01 PM.
    10-16-09 11:59 AM
    running windows xp....did check all my NET Framework updates and there were none...so I'm baffled!!
    10-16-09 12:03 PM
    running windows xp....did check all my NET Framework updates and there were none...so I'm baffled!!
    did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the .net framework? thats the only suggestion i can think of at this time, you got us baffled as well
    10-16-09 01:26 PM
    By the way - I should say - GREAT application. I recall playing with javaloader and creating a series a good ol' fashioned BATCH files to load and or copy and re-editing those files for each different application.

What I'd really appreciate (given my penchant for keeping lots of backups and more backups) is for BBSAK to increment the backup folder so that I don't have to manually find it, rename "backup" to "backup1" and then next time rename "backup" to "backup2" and the same with the dumps and read-system text files. But that may be me while others don't want repeated backups saved.

On the interface thingie - I would also not mind if the window could be stretched like on Win Apps - grab a corner and widen/lengthen the window so I can see more info.
    10-16-09 02:03 PM
    I tried Downloading BBSAK and it says my device is not connected. I'm new to all this and I'm running into problems every time I try doing something, any suggestions?
    10-16-09 03:02 PM
    did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the .net framework? thats the only suggestion i can think of at this time, you got us baffled as well
    got Net Framework 1.1 , 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP 1..so delete and reinstall all? Thanks!!
    10-16-09 04:03 PM
    I tried Downloading BBSAK and it says my device is not connected. I'm new to all this and I'm running into problems every time I try doing something, any suggestions?
    I only had this problem after successfully loading OS 5.0. And what fixed it for me was "repairing" BBSAK. Either run the installer again that you downloaded and choose repair, or in Add/Remove Programs choose repair there.

Not sure if it is the same problem, but it is worth a try?

Also, you may want to try an older version which still seem to be available.
    10-16-09 05:26 PM
    if you have blackberry desktop manager open in the background that can cause issues. if this is the case close blackberry desktop manager, and click the "kill processes" button on bbsak then try reconnecting. if that dosent work close bbsak again, make sure your phone is plugged in and restart the app.

hope that helps
    10-16-09 08:06 PM
    Hello, I am new to BBs also and was wanting more information on the BBSAK application. First of all what is a cod file and what does it do? And what can I do with this app that I should download it? Sorry for what may be construed as stupid questions but I am new to all of this but keen to learn and need some basic explanation of what some of these things are. Thanks Parker.
    10-17-09 12:52 PM
    COD files are the actual applications including the native ones like Task or Calendar, etc. Actually, even the sample video is a COD file. Some apps may have more than one cod file, submodules or such (for instance, WeatherBug has about 8 cod files).

Depending on how you get apps, they may be downloaded to your computer and be installed using Desktop Manager (DM) or you can get them over-the-air (ota). If ota, then they are usually installed directly to your device as a cod file. If you want to back up those apps, you can use bbsak to do so. Also if you wanted to reinstall, you can located the cod file (if you backed up) and use bbsak to reinstall.

That's a basic primer.
    10-17-09 03:30 PM
    Thanks for the information, it gives me an idea now if this is something I should have. Much appreciated. Parker.
    10-17-09 09:43 PM
    wow very nice app never came across this before looks really handy too
    10-17-09 10:58 PM
    i have the updated one but dont know how to upload it ?
    10-18-09 07:08 AM
    It is a DESKTOP application. It does NOT install on the BB, if that is what you mean.
    10-18-09 09:11 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD