Fluid - I had issues with BBSAK as well; might be worth noting I was using Windows 7 Ultimate release candidate and I wasn't running BBSAK as admin. I moved on to BBMCP which pretty much does exactly what BBSAK does, but makes a .alx file that can be included in apploader when installing, so loading things separately isn't necessary (if BBSAK does this, I wasn't aware); also can remove/load individual cod's. Has a few other goodies as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 05:47 PM
    Fluid - I had issues with BBSAK as well; might be worth noting I was using Windows 7 Ultimate release candidate and I wasn't running BBSAK as admin. I moved on to BBMCP which pretty much does exactly what BBSAK does, but makes a .alx file that can be included in apploader when installing, so loading things separately isn't necessary (if BBSAK does this, I wasn't aware); also can remove/load individual cod's. Has a few other goodies as well.

The newer versions of BBSAK can do this as well. I love it and have never had a problem with it. I do hybrid testing and have made a few of my own so the wipe, backup, and selective cod install feature gets used a lot for me without one hiccup.
    02-03-11 06:14 PM
    JL_Cmder, BBSAK and my own program CrackUtil all use a RIM program called javaloader.exe as their engine.

All three programs are just pretty User Interfaces for Javaloader.exe.

BBSAK is by far the most complete of these UIs. I stopped developping CrackUtil as I though it did enough for what I wanted it to do.

Javaloader is a program that is distributed free of charge with the Java Development Environment and it does a variety of things.

It ws never intenced to do what CrackUtil and BBSAK makes it do. It is essentially a command line tool.

It is very litteral and if you tell javaloader to do something, it will just do it.

If you are having trouble then maybe you you are asking a bit much from it.
    All I was asking of it was to do a backup, wipe the phone, load the installed OS, and restore my 3rd party apps. Isn't that what it was developed for?
    02-03-11 06:28 PM
    And that's what does very well.

EBKAC
    02-03-11 06:38 PM
    The newer versions of BBSAK can do this as well. I love it and have never had a problem with it. I do hybrid testing and have made a few of my own so the wipe, backup, and selective cod install feature gets used a lot for me without one hiccup.
    Which part - the adding to apploader? Or the multiple cod loading? That one wasn't there when I was using it, nice addition; I haven't come across any threads mentioning that the backup it makes for apps can be added to apploader as with the half-device-switch method. That was what made me choose BBMCP over BBSAK, aside from the "one folder" restore on the phone.

02-03-11 06:41 PM
    Which part - the adding to apploader? Or the multiple cod loading? That one wasn't there when I was using it, nice addition; I haven't come across any threads mentioning that the backup it makes for apps can be added to apploader as with the half-device-switch method. That was what made me choose BBMCP over BBSAK, aside from the "one folder" restore on the phone.

Multiple Cod Loading
    02-03-11 08:34 PM
    I have used BBSAK since v1.5 on XP, Vista and now Win7 without issues. Also have upgraded each time a new release came out and they have all worked for me on 5 completely different Blackberry phones models without issue ever.
    02-05-11 08:48 AM
    Ever since I updated to the latest version of OS 6, for my 9780, I haven't been able to get my BBSAK to connect. Anyone else having this issue?
    02-07-11 09:08 PM
    yes me as well.since i upgraded my desktop manager to the latest .i have a hard time getting bbsak connected with my phone.it doesn't see my phone .i have tried different usb cables reinstalled bbsak i tried version 1.7 and version 1.9.i have same problem with both.the rare time i get bbsak to connect to my phone bbsak doesn't work correctly none of it .it won't do screen shot read event log or back 3rd party apps.it says it does backup but when i go to back up all i get is jad and alx no programs.
    07-10-11 10:28 PM
    I haven't ever had a problem with BBSAK.

Do I smell a user error?
    07-10-11 11:21 PM
    Most problems are user error, but you can't say that cuz users get pissed and leave you bad reviews

07-11-11 12:02 AM
    I had the same problem recently when trying to install most recent update. Took me 20 minutes to decide to disable the password on my phone just to see before I wrote it off. Thats what the problem was.
    07-11-11 06:41 AM
    I think it is PEBKAC...

I havent had any problems with BBSAK and even if I did I would simply wipe with Apploader then reinstall with Apploader... Then reinstall my 3rd party apps from the relevant sites/places...

It may have been more constructive to ask for help in a positive manner?
    Last edited by david melbourne; 07-12-11 at 12:40 AM. Reason: toned reply down to be positive...
    07-12-11 12:39 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD