Probably one of the most worthless programs I have ever downloaded.

I did a full back up in DM, and then tried to connect to BBSAK. Had to reboot the pc but it finally connected.

I made a full backup using BBSAK, for all of my third party apps. I finally got the thing to wipe the phone completely to the 507 screen, and then reloaded my OS. Well, now I cannot get my third party apps back on the phone.

It no longer recognizes my phone. I rebooted the phone, the computer, and then the phone while it was plugged into the computer. Nothing. I right clicked on the icon to run as an administrator, and nothing.

BBSAK 1.9.1.1 and Windows Vista.

I will never use this product again. And to think that I was ready to donate for the better version. Not a chance in **** now.
    02-03-11 10:42 AM
    I've been using BBSAK for over a year now to do maintenance, updates, 3rd party backups, etc. I have never had a single issue with it not working correctly.
    I feel that the issue you are having is more to do with either a faulty USB cable, or corrupted USB drivers in Vista.

Try a different cable, and if that doesn't help than go to your computers device manager and try to expand your device manager by connection, and delete all references to USB, with the exception of the one your keyboard is attached to. Than refresh device list, and it will reinstall your usb controllers. Give BBSAK a try after doing that. If you've got a ps/2 keyboard, than kill ALL usb references. Windows has native drivers for usb, although some intel chipsets have enhanced drivers available.
    02-03-11 10:55 AM
    It is more likely a driver error like the above poster said. I had driver issues in the past as well with BBSAK earlier versions but never had any issues with the program doing what it should. Give it another try it is a very good program.
    02-03-11 11:01 AM
    I am not spending another second on this garbage program. I am deleting it from my computer and will not waste any more time with it.
    02-03-11 11:06 AM
    Then I guess there is no point in keeping this thread. The admins can delete this thread.
    02-03-11 11:17 AM
    It was posted sort of as a warning to think twice about using it.
    02-03-11 11:21 AM
    BBSAK has been around a long time and used successfully by lots of people (myself included). So I really don't see the need for a warning.
    Last edited by valorian; 02-03-11 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Typo
    rick0415 and BBRYCnvnedMe like this.
    02-03-11 11:25 AM
    BBWAK has been around a long time and used successfully by lots of people (myself included). So I really don't see the need for a warning.
    +1, been using BBSAK since v1.5. Never had a problem.
    02-03-11 11:30 AM
    Never had a problem with BBSAK, apart from me deleting stuff I shouldn't have done lol

I have had RIM driver issues, repeatedly. The last version of DTM brought us a more stable driver release, well so far.
    02-03-11 11:39 AM
    user error, replace user
    Jimieo and BBRYCnvnedMe like this.
    02-03-11 11:44 AM
    I am happy that none of you have had issues, really, I am. My experience with the application, however, has been far from that.
    02-03-11 11:44 AM
    I also backed up my apps with BBSAK then reloaded them after wiping my device and installing a new OS, but they weren't actually loaded back.

However, I love BBSAK's wipe device feature, and screenshot feature so I continue to use it.

It's been a long time since we've seen an update to it though.
    02-03-11 11:45 AM
    Never had a problem with BBSAK, apart from me deleting stuff I shouldn't have done lol

I have had RIM driver issues, repeatedly. The last version of DTM brought us a more stable driver release, well so far.
    +1. Most likely it is a driver issue. I've had RIM driver issues, but BBSAK has been fine with Vista and 7, both 64-bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 11:48 AM
    user error, replace user
    If anything is a sack of garbage, it's Windows Vista.
    dollface and BayouBengal21 like this.
    02-03-11 11:50 AM
    If anything is a sack of garbage, it's Windows Vista.
    +1. I got 7 on release date and did a clean install. I couldn't wait to be rid of Vista.

02-03-11 11:52 AM
    I wanted to completely uninstall my OS, and load it properly. I think that on my last few loads, it isn't working correctly. Wanted to go fresh. Might have to check out JL_Cmdr next time.
    02-03-11 11:55 AM
    +1. I got 7 on release date and did a clean install. I couldn't wait to be rid of Vista.

lol....I immediately formatted and broke out the XP Pro CD when my laptop arrived. I need something that works.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 07-11-11 at 10:16 AM.
    02-03-11 11:56 AM
    BBSAK has its issues, but then, you do get what you pay for. I've found it useful many times and have learned to not use the Restore portion, but instead re-install the individual cods. Vista, on the other hand, should never have been released. It belongs in the Hall of Shame along with Windows ME.
    02-03-11 11:57 AM
    BBSAK has its issues, but then, you do get what you pay for. I've found it useful many times and have learned to not use the Restore portion, but instead re-install the individual cods. Vista, on the other hand, should never have been released. It belongs in the Hall of Shame along with Windows ME.
    I forgot to mention that part. When restoring select install CODS and the latest version has the ability to select and install multiple CODS at once. Thanks for providing that good piece of info.
    02-03-11 02:26 PM
    Then I guess there is no point in keeping this thread. The admins can delete this thread.
    That is not how it works. Moderators will edit, close or delete threads that do not comply with our site policy. Only the Original Poster can request a valid thread be closed.

In future, when members search for information related to BBSAK, they will find this topic and will read about both sides of the issue.
    02-03-11 02:34 PM
    That is not how it works. Moderators will edit, close or delete threads that do not comply with our site policy. Only the Original Poster can request a valid thread be closed.

In future, when members search for information related to BBSAK, they will find this topic and will read about both sides of the issue.
    Thanks Reed. That was my intention. Just wanted to possibly save someone the hour and a half it took me to download and configure all of my third party apps, which I am still not done with.
    02-03-11 03:11 PM
    Fluid, look in the BBSAK folder in program files. Your cods should be in there, even if bbsak won't put them back for you.
    I personally always use DM to backup my apps, but BBSAK is an invaluable tool for me.

02-03-11 04:48 PM
    I did. I see a .jad and a .cod in the backup, that is it. I have a feeling that they didn't back up correctly, since I had so many connection issues with it. I have now downloaded all of my apps and set them up, so I am set with it.
    02-03-11 05:00 PM
    Just do half a device switch via DM. CX wrote the procedure. It is over in the How To section... Personally I don''t do any of this anymore. After an OS change I do a security wipe and then rebuild from there. If you take the time once to build a file of keys to copy paste from and then another with links to apps not in your account on CB or AW, it only takes a few minutes to be rebuilt from scratch...
    02-03-11 05:37 PM
    JL_Cmder, BBSAK and my own program CrackUtil all use a RIM program called javaloader.exe as their engine.

All three programs are just pretty User Interfaces for Javaloader.exe.

BBSAK is by far the most complete of these UIs. I stopped developping CrackUtil as I though it did enough for what I wanted it to do.

Javaloader is a program that is distributed free of charge with the Java Development Environment and it does a variety of things.

It ws never intenced to do what CrackUtil and BBSAK makes it do. It is essentially a command line tool.

It is very litteral and if you tell javaloader to do something, it will just do it.

If you are having trouble then maybe you you are asking a bit much from it.
    itsdollar likes this.
    02-03-11 05:45 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD