When I plug in my USB port, connect to my BB and open BBSAK, BBSAK promp a message can't read my device (I mean it says no device connected).

I tried reinstalling BBSAK, battery pull, restart computer and basically whatever you can think off but yet, BBSAK still not responding.

What do you suggest now to solve this problem?
    03-15-11 08:30 AM
    Ensure you are running the latest version of BBSAK 1.9.1, try connecting your BB to another port on your PC / Notebook.
    Additionally, does BlackBerry Desktop Manager connect successfully?

Also, make sure you run BBSAK as an administrator by right clicking on it.
    DawgMan likes this.
    03-15-11 08:48 AM
    Have you tried the kill process button? Then try to connect again?
    03-15-11 09:01 AM
    yes to both of you.

I tried:
    1. Connect, Kill button
    2. Unplug a thousand times
    3. Reinstall BBSAK
    4. Yes DM is always off.
    5. DM recognize my phone perfectly

just need to install a JAD file over my BB. How can this be done without BBSAK?
    03-15-11 09:09 AM
    I've seen other utilities like bbsak but can't remember the names. Maybe one of those will work.
    03-15-11 09:44 AM
    I have the same problem. It started when I did the first OS update. BBSAK has never been able to recognize when I'm connected again...and I've done another OS update since then, with same results. I have the most up to date version of BBSAK and other things are able to recognize that my device is connected.
    03-15-11 10:24 AM
    Also, make sure you run BBSAK as an administrator by right clicking on it.
    I don't see a response to this.

Did you try this suggestion from ML?
    03-15-11 10:44 AM
    I don't see a response to this.

Did you try this suggestion from ML?

Very true and thanks for noting that out mr. valorian..

to the OP, did you try that?

Strange, I have never had any problems connecting to BBSAK

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit FTW
    03-15-11 11:14 AM
    I was able to connect to BBSAK once, and that was it. I have tried everything under the sun, delete, install, run as administrator, different USB ports, and I get nothing. It simply will not connect. Very frustrating, but there isn't much else I can do.
    03-15-11 11:19 AM
    I was able to connect to BBSAK once, and that was it. I have tried everything under the sun, delete, install, run as administrator, different USB ports, and I get nothing. It simply will not connect. Very frustrating, but there isn't much else I can do.
    What OS you are using?
    03-15-11 11:44 AM
    5.0.0.714 and it was on a laptop with Windows Vista.
    03-15-11 01:10 PM
    Here is a trick...

right click on BBSAK, go to properties, then go to the Compatibility Tab, then choose Windows XP

then ok

then run it again with administrative rights

please report back
    03-15-11 01:16 PM
    I went into properties, but found no compatibility tab.
    03-15-11 05:03 PM
    When I plug in my USB port, connect to my BB and open BBSAK, BBSAK promp a message can't read my device (I mean it says no device connected).

I tried reinstalling BBSAK, battery pull, restart computer and basically whatever you can think off but yet, BBSAK still not responding.

Try BBRKM, it's great!
    03-15-11 09:26 PM
    Is there any update on how to resolve this problem with BBSAK v1.9.11.
    I've never encountered any problems with BBSAK before until today. It keeps saying that my bb isn't connected. Tried all the tricks that you all stated above but to no avail of success.
    I just wanted to backup my .COD files.
    04-28-11 03:22 AM
    I discovered that although BBSAK always states it cannot connect with my device, that sometimes it still allows me to do the subfunctions such as backup. However, it is hit or miss, if you try to restore after a crash or OS update and can't get it let you connect.
    04-28-11 02:30 PM
    Try BBBoss or CrackUtil. Really don't know why BBSAK isn't working for you. I have used it on two computers with the os you are using as well as 5.0.0.979 and OS 6 without a problem. Good Luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GJX; 04-29-11 at 02:17 AM.
    04-29-11 02:14 AM

I've the same problem too!!! But, my Bold running on OS 6.0.0.576.

Try BBBoss or CrackUtil. Really don't know why BBSAK isn't working for you. I have used it on two computers with the os you are using as well as 5.0.0.979 and OS 6 without a problem. Good Luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Where can I download them? I'm hearing of them for the first time... I've only heard of BBSAK and BMCP, both of which have trouble detecting my device. D; rotten luck.

Try BBRKM, it's great!
    what's BBRKM? ;O

My laptop's OS is Windows Vista 32-bit.
    05-28-11 10:09 PM
    switch of your User Account Control. worked for me.
    06-03-11 08:43 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid View Post
    Here is a trick...

right click on BBSAK, go to properties, then go to the Compatibility Tab, then choose Windows XP

then ok

then run it again with administrative rights

please report back
    -------------------

Hi all, the above solution worked for me and I have had no problems since then.

Try it out. I am sure it will work
    01-30-12 06:35 AM

Here's one that seemed to work for me. It was suggested by someone else who no longer had the same problem. He mentioned having the same issue on his computer. What he had to do was use the PC task manager to kill any processes that were related to BB, Blackberry, RIM. Then attach the phone and run BBSAK. When I tried that, BBSAK shows my PIN. The "Connect" button is highlighted and reads "Reconnect", but I think we can ignore that. BBSAK did a backup, anyway.
    Graheem likes this.
    01-30-12 08:20 AM
    Here's one that seemed to work for me. It was suggested by someone else who no longer had the same problem. He mentioned having the same issue on his computer. What he had to do was use the PC task manager to kill any processes that were related to BB, Blackberry, RIM. Then attach the phone and run BBSAK. When I tried that, BBSAK shows my PIN. The "Connect" button is highlighted and reads "Reconnect", but I think we can ignore that. BBSAK did a backup, anyway.
    Thank you kraski! I had tried everything in this thread, including killing processes, but had never killed the RIM one. That did it! Thank you thank you thank you! Finally I can use BBSAK again.

I think this may have something to with the newer DTM. BBSAK is the best for doing lots of handy tasks. Thanks again.
    05-02-12 12:29 PM
    go to c / program files bbsak and rename it bbsa just remove k from bbsak and its done
    03-15-14 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD