I can not get bbsak or bbht to recognize my device. any suggestions on how? i am trying to load a different os and I need this to do it. I took the original device back and got another one because of this and bbsak still doesnt recognize the new one....any suggestions? i have the 9850
    09-19-11 06:48 PM
    I can not get bbsak or bbht to recognize my device. any suggestions on how? i am trying to load a different os and I need this to do it. I took the original device back and got another one because of this and bbsak still doesnt recognize the new one....any suggestions? i have the 9850
    I never could understand why people always feel the need to use extra applications and extra steps to do something that RIM already provides the tools for. Try this...
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    It's personal choice I guess, so if you feel like you simply have to use BBSAK then maybe this thread can help.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...63/index6.html
    09-20-11 07:48 PM
    Close BBSak and Desktop Manager. Open task manager, kill BBDevMgr.exe (I think that's what it's called) if it's running then try with bbsak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 06:45 AM
    I tried what both of you said apploader I tried that and it doesn't recognize the OS on my comp. I deleted all other operating systems on my comp disconnected it from the internet still no luck. I know how to use bbsak it just won't connect to my device so I can use it.
    09-22-11 02:20 AM
    I tried what both of you said apploader I tried that and it doesn't recognize the OS on my comp. I deleted all other operating systems on my comp disconnected it from the internet still no luck. I know how to use bbsak it just won't connect to my device so I can use it.
    Admittedly, I do not use BBSAK, so I cannot assist you with that.
    However, you now state that AppLoader does not recognize your OS. If this is the case, make sure you delete the Vendor.xml file.

If you have made any recent back ups of your device, you can always start with a clean install.

The following process doesn't just work for Nuked BlackBerrys. You can also use it to clean the slate/reload/update the OS on a BlackBerry that's in fine working order.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

From there you WILL NOW BE ABLE TO connect to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. Hopefully you occasionally back up your data and can now use Desktop Manager's restore function to load up your backed up data. If not, hopefully you have your contacts all synced to Outlook so you can reload your Address book from there. Once that's done, it's time to install all your favorite apps again!
    09-22-11 05:57 AM
    What operating system are you using on your computer? Do you have Administrator privileges? You may have to turn off Windows' UAC (User Access Control) in order for your PC to recognize your 'Berry.

kbz1960 likes this.
    09-22-11 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD