Running bbsak 1.7 with a blackberry bold 9700 on windows 7.

It just keeps saying device not connected, push ok but my bb pin is showing? Ive gone in to properties and clicked run as admin, ive clicked kill processes, ive even tried the cmd prompt for disabling uac..

I really want to update my os to the new leak and this hinderance is annoying me!!!
    03-07-10 03:06 AM
    Have you tried desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 03:08 AM
    I'm running W7 and DM works just fine for installing the leak.
    03-07-10 03:08 AM
    What about wiping and backup??

03-07-10 03:15 AM
    What about wiping and backup??

You should back it up with Desktop manager and try loading the os through there.

03-07-10 03:31 AM
    Ok ill try when home from work, I've already installed it to dm.

Will it backup 3rd party apps or settings? Any need to wipe?

Cheers

03-07-10 03:34 AM
    i had problems with BBSAK and windows 7.. my weird fix for this was to run the file as admin from the direct location in programfiles/BBSAK.

When running from a shortcut it would run but not install apps. Very odd
    03-07-10 03:48 AM
    Please give me a "step by step"for your weird fix. cause my bbsak does work it just doesnt back up 3rd party apps on my windows 7 and if you know a way to run it to dl an OS and have it back up apps I would love to know how you do that, Pleases be specific cause I am not great with computers. Thanx
    03-07-10 05:48 AM
    Will it backup 3rd party apps or settings? Any need to wipe?
    I don't think a wipe is really going to solve this issue, but either way, you definitely need to be aware that a backup DOES NOT backup 3rd party apps, just settings, emails and texts, your address book, etc. If you need to back up your third party apps, do it with the DM section for switching devices. A quick forum search ere will point you to a great how-to for backing up your apps. Then you can wipe, install your OS and 3rd party apps with Loader, and restore your backup and you'll be back in business. This might defeat the purpose of some wipes, as restoring a problematic database will likely give you the same problems you had before the wipe, but this is all info you should know before diving into wiping your device.
    03-07-10 05:52 AM
    Aint really got no probs just wanna update lol

Ill try the admin fix later if that don't work might try my xp partion! Will let you guys know how I get on later

03-07-10 07:08 AM
    When I've installed a new OS, the process has apparently backed up and restored my 3rd party apps (you may still need to enter activation codes, etc to get them registered again). But I definitely do NOT rely on that and do my own manual app backups. There is the partial "switch device wizard" where you start it but when it asks for new device, do not continue and instead find the file with your pin - sometimes in the TMP folder somewhere on your drive. Save/copy that file and then cancel the switch wizard. There is a thread on that process somewhere.
    03-07-10 09:50 AM
    i had problems with BBSAK and windows 7.. my weird fix for this was to run the file as admin from the direct location in programfiles/BBSAK.

When running from a shortcut it would run but not install apps. Very odd
    that exactly works for me too.
    03-07-10 06:15 PM
    Just got Windows 7 and was going to upgrade my 9700 like you, so this thread got my attention.

As F2 mentions, the Auto-Backup file that the AppLoader creates is a regular backup file plus 3rd Party Apps.

And the easiest way to install an OS which is not official for your carrier is by using the Loader file located in the same folder where you deleted Vendor.

The reason for doing a Backup before upgrading is in case your device has a fatal error during the upgrade, you have a Backup to install after you've restored your nuked device. This would also be the reason for backing up the 3rd Party Apps.
    Or, you would also need to use these if you wipe your device before upgrading.

I've never wiped my device prior to an upgrade. Personally, I do a Backup first, just in case. I've never bothered backing up the 3rd Party Apps.
    But some people swear by wiping first.
    03-07-10 06:51 PM
    Well here is my problem with BBSAK.....

I am running Vista, and BBSAK has been running flawless until the last few days. If I have my BB connected, it says "Can't Connect". If I don't have it connected, then it asks for a password and "disappears" never to appear again....LOL

I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it. Even switched to an earlier version.... Same thing....I feel it has something to do with this latest OS (Tour 5.0.0.591) which by the way sucks on battery life and all I am doing is trying to go back to a previous version. Any ideas my humbled crackberry'ers?
    04-06-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD