Sorry if theres already another post with this, I searched, but couldn't find anything to help me.

Anyway, I downloaded bbsak, and was going to backup, and wipe my device, then install the new .230 OS. When I plug the USB into the phone, I get the auto-play popups on the computer. I have mass storage mode enabled. However, whenever I open up the bbsak program, no matter what I seem to do, it cannot detect my device. I've tried running as administrator too (vista), and it didn't work.

any help would be appreciated

Also, AppLoader seems to be able to find that its connected right away with no trouble. Not sure if that would help at all
    Last edited by silent6610; 09-29-09 at 10:24 AM.
    09-29-09 10:19 AM
    I had that happen to me also. Here is what worked for me (but I am no expert by any means so it may not work for you). Disconnect phone from your computer, then close out bbsak. Reconnect the phone, then open up bbsak again. See if it sees it now. It seems like if I didn't already have the phone connected before the program was open it wouldn't recognize the phone.

I hope this helps.
    09-29-09 10:57 AM
    You have device/desktop manager running? If so, close them and try again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    kkunal likes this.
    09-29-09 11:37 AM
    try unplugging the usb from the computer and then back to the computer.try different usb ports. and make sure if the DM is closed. or do a restart to computer.
    badenhj likes this.
    09-29-09 12:05 PM
    Thanks. I'll try all of these in the future. Someone also recommended hitting "kill processes" then disconnecting and reconnecting.

I just went ahead and did the update. have my normal 30mb of app memory, and everything seemed to go fine. Except I don't think it restored my custom dictionary, but no biggy there.
    09-29-09 09:13 PM
    I had that happen to me also. Here is what worked for me (but I am no expert by any means so it may not work for you). Disconnect phone from your computer, then close out bbsak. Reconnect the phone, then open up bbsak again. See if it sees it now. It seems like if I didn't already have the phone connected before the program was open it wouldn't recognize the phone.

I hope this helps.
    Worked for me, thank you!
    11-25-09 04:42 PM
    Just downloaded BBsak 1.7 with Vista and a 9530. Will not detect device. I did the administrated suggestion and the startup methods. Added and removed the program a few times and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a fix or a suggestion to assist.
    03-04-10 11:39 PM
    I've tried to get BBSAK 1.7 to detect my Tour many times on two different computers (Vista and XP) with no success. I just gave up on the program unfortunately If I'm going to have to go thru a whole drawn out process everytime to get it to connect then it's just not worth it.
    03-05-10 09:18 AM
    i have bbsak 1.7 and i tried all of the above and it still doesn't detect !

i got windows 7

anyone?
    04-27-10 09:23 AM
    I'm stuck too. Windows 7 user, 9700 bold. Same problem, won't detect.

Solutions, anyone?
    05-05-10 06:57 AM
    I noticed that running a hybrid cause this problem for me. Not sure if there is an issue with BBSAK. If it says its not detecting (like mine) but your pin still shows up, then you can do what you need to. I loaded some .cods on mine for a theme without issue, all the while BBSAK said it wasn't connected.
    05-05-10 07:39 AM
    Unfortunately, my pin doesn't show up. I'm attempting to reload the OS right now, using the Loader.exe

Looks like BBSAK has failed me.
    05-05-10 07:58 AM
    Guys, if you're Windows 7 users, try disabling User Account Access (UAC). You'll have to reboot your PCs after doing this. Once that's done, try running BBSAK again? I've read somewhere that this works.

If you feel uncomfortable with UAC off, you can turn it back on after you're done, but bear in mind that this will involve another reboot.

I'm currently trying to get BBSAK v1.5 on my Vista Home Premium machine to talk my phone, but no cigar yet. I'm going to try it with v1.7, and we'll see how it goes. Good luck!
    Kim M likes this.
    05-05-10 08:23 AM
    Guys, if you're Windows 7 users, try disabling User Account Access (UAC). You'll have to reboot your PCs after doing this. Once that's done, try running BBSAK again? I've read somewhere that this works.

If you feel uncomfortable with UAC off, you can turn it back on after you're done, but bear in mind that this will involve another reboot.

I'm currently trying to get BBSAK v1.5 on my Vista Home Premium machine to talk my phone, but no cigar yet. I'm going to try it with v1.7, and we'll see how it goes. Good luck!
    Tried that as well, didn't work for me. Also worth noting that I was only able to turn down UAC, not disable it completely. Could this be the reason?

At any rate, I've just reloaded my OS using Loader.exe, proceeding to restore my backup now. Not too sure what's going on with BBSAK (am using v1.7).
    05-05-10 08:25 AM
    I recently got a netbook with Win 7 Starter and BBSAK 1.7 (and lower versions) would not see my Tour (while my Vista and xp machines did). But for other reasons I upgraded from Starter to Win 7 Home Premium and then 1.7 worked and detected my Tour. Before the upgrade, I also tried the Administrator route and a number of other tweaks and none worked.
    05-05-10 09:11 AM
    Tried that as well, didn't work for me. Also worth noting that I was only able to turn down UAC, not disable it completely. Could this be the reason?

At any rate, I've just reloaded my OS using Loader.exe, proceeding to restore my backup now. Not too sure what's going on with BBSAK (am using v1.7).
    Nah, I don't think that's the reason why.

Reason #1 - The Vista & Win 7 edition used doesn't have some features that are required to run BBSAK?
    It could be due to the Vista & Win 7 editions that we're using. After all, if we're using .NET framework v2 and above (which is the only thing that BBSAK needs), what else could be causing this headache, right? *sigh*

Reason #2 - BBDevMgr.exe keeps getting in the way?
    I tried BBSAK v1.7 last night and it didn't work for me. So I switched to JL_CMDER and found that I couldn't connect to the phone either! Then I noticed that BBDevMgr.exe was running the background, so I terminated it. But:
    • It kept coming back after I executed anything from the JL_CMDER main menu
    • ... and when it did, the program worked beautifully!
    • However, this would only work for the first command executed. The program wouldn't work like BBSAK for the second command onwards. What I did was to terminate the BBDevMgr.exe process and then run the next JL_CMDER command (which would cause the former to come back) as a workaround

Fyi, I'm using Desktop Manager v5.0.1
    Last edited by travellingsg; 05-06-10 at 01:36 AM.
    05-06-10 01:34 AM
    I'm also running Windows 7 (with a OS 5 hybrid on my Bold) and BBSAK is a major problem.

If I keep trying to reconnect, plugging the phone in and out, it eventually connects to my Bold. As reported above, sometimes it is connected, although it appears not to be.

What doesn't work for me is backing up third-party apps. The 'backup' file it produces is tiny - just one or 2 files. If I first use BBSAK to read the COD's on the phone, then do the backup, it more-or-less works, except that some apps are omitted from the backup, and if I backup again, other apps are omitted.

Restoring third-party backups with BBSAK under Windows 7 has never worked for me. However I can restore the BBSAK backup with Desktop Manager.

Either I'm doing something seriously wrong, or BBSAK needs an upgrade for Windows 7...
    05-06-10 04:58 AM
    I was having the same problem using win 7 and BBSAK v1.8 (v1.7 seemed to work occasionally). I had tried disabling UAC, running as admin, different orders of plugging in then starting BBSAK, different USB ports, uninstall/reinstall... nothing worked.

Then I turned off the password on the phone and it connected fine. It seems that there is something wrong with the pw part of BBSAK. Also, with the pw disabled on my phone, I can enter anything (or nothing) into the pw field in BBSAK and it still connects. With a pw on my phone, it won't connect at all.

Also, it works great (w/o pw) regardless of the other settings (UAC, ports, etc.) I had tried.

Hope this helps.
    jakarta likes this.
    09-26-10 07:13 PM
    shutting off my password worked like a charm. Awesome thank you very much.
    09-26-10 10:28 PM
    shutting off my password worked like a charm. Awesome thank you very much.
    +1 thanks guys
    11-08-10 05:11 PM
    I was having the same problem using win 7 and BBSAK v1.8 (v1.7 seemed to work occasionally). I had tried disabling UAC, running as admin, different orders of plugging in then starting BBSAK, different USB ports, uninstall/reinstall... nothing worked.

Then I turned off the password on the phone and it connected fine. It seems that there is something wrong with the pw part of BBSAK. Also, with the pw disabled on my phone, I can enter anything (or nothing) into the pw field in BBSAK and it still connects. With a pw on my phone, it won't connect at all.

Also, it works great (w/o pw) regardless of the other settings (UAC, ports, etc.) I had tried.

Hope this helps.
    I don't have the password option activated on my phone and still BBSAK doesn't detect my phone. Any other suggestions?
    12-13-10 01:58 PM
    Do you need to have DM installed for BBSAK to work? I had DM installed last week and BBSAK worked, I reset up my PC and just installed BBASK and now it can not see my phone?
    01-05-11 06:58 PM
    It looks like I answered my own question. It seems DM has to be installed for BBSAK to function. I installed DM 5.01 and now BBSAK nows is able to see my phone again.
    01-05-11 09:00 PM
    Does DM need to be open and running for BBSAK to work? And does it need to be a 5.0 version as well? I have DM 6 and have been going round and round with this and BBSAK will not detect my phone at all. I have done everything in this forum to get this to work and no luck. I thought of trying an older version of BBSAK but can only find v 1.91. I am about ready to give up on it and use DM only.

01-06-11 01:43 AM
    Does DM need to be open and running for BBSAK to work? And does it need to be a 5.0 version as well? I have DM 6 and have been going round and round with this and BBSAK will not detect my phone at all. I have done everything in this forum to get this to work and no luck. I thought of trying an older version of BBSAK but can only find v 1.91. I am about ready to give up on it and use DM only.

I'm having the same problem! I used BBSAK to upgrade my BB9700 from OS 5.0 to the officially released 6.0.0.448 and it all went very smoothly. But, since I upgraded, it hasn't been working at all!

My password's disabled.
    I ensure that my 9700 is connected before running BBSAK v 1.9
    I make sure nothing else is running in the background when I open BBSAK.
    I tried to run as administrator but that option is "grayed"? so, i can' t even check that option.

Doing all these still dont work. . .. It seems to detect for a while if I've BBSAK already loaded and then, plug in my 9700 but, it loses connection automatically within 20s... Can't read system, install cods etc. D:

Can anyone help?
    05-14-11 09:13 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD