I know there are a handful of other threads on this, but none of them have been very helpful.

I have recently tried to use the newest 1.7 release, as well as several of the 1.6 releases of BBSAK and they all give me the "program expired" error.

I am always connected to the internet when running the program, and always logged in as administrator.

Also, I tried shutting down my ZoneAlarm fire wall to remedy the problem.

I have also tried to set the date on my computer back, as I have read that this would fix the expiration problem.

The only version of BBSAK that i have been able to use successfully is 1.5, but I would like to have one of the newer versions for the "restore apps" function.

I was able to backup my 3rd party apps with 1.5 and reload them on my Tour with Desktop Manager successfully, but I would like to be able to do it all from BBSAK.

Anyone have any helpful hints? Perhaps other similar programs?

Footnote: the RimGeeks forum, was rather unhelpful for the same question!

Thanks!
    05-03-10 06:19 AM
    Try "Mirror Three" about halfway down the first post in this thread:

RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0

Also the last few posts in this thread may help:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bbs...47/index4.html
    05-03-10 07:32 AM
    What OS are you using on your computer?
    05-03-10 07:33 AM
    I had the same issue with the BBSAK that was packed inside of the hybrid files. Deleted that one and went back to the one I already had installed. Tried to go to the site and it says the site is under renovation or construction. All that and it won't recognize my phone with the hybrid installed.
    05-03-10 08:47 AM
    Its simple guys. Just set the date on your computer to anything before 2010 and it will work. It was actually posted on the rimgeeks site, I had the same problem and it fixed it. Once your done using it put the date back to today and your good to go

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 10:18 AM
    When is it necessary to do that? I downloaded version 1.7 in January 2010 and it's always worked fine for me. I used it yesterday. Is it OS dependent? I have Vista and XP.
    05-03-10 10:40 AM
    I got that "expired" message once after reinstalling on a Win 7 Starter netbook. The first install of 1.7 did not give that message but since it would not connect with my Tour, I tried older and older versions. None worked. So I tweaked some stuff and then reinstalled 1.7 and got the "expired" message. UNinstalled and then tried again and the "expired" was gone. No idea why.

(as I posted elsewhere, I could not get 1.7 to recognize my Tour but I subsequently upgraded to Win 7 Home Premium and BBSAK 1.7 now does recognize my tour)
    05-03-10 10:52 AM
    Its simple guys. Just set the date on your computer to anything before 2010 and it will work. It was actually posted on the rimgeeks site, I had the same problem and it fixed it. Once your done using it put the date back to today and your good to go

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I tried this on my Windows XP machine, with no avail.

I also have updated my .Net Framework to the most recent available.
    05-03-10 12:36 PM
    What OS are you using on your computer?
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Service Pack 3
    05-03-10 12:41 PM
    Try "Mirror Three" about halfway down the first post in this thread:

RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0

Also the last few posts in this thread may help:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bbs...47/index4.html
    "mirror three" = expiration error.

No go.
    05-03-10 12:43 PM
    Look over at bbhybrids.net, I downloaded over there and use it on both an XP machine and a vista machine with no problems.
    05-03-10 12:47 PM
    Hrmm. Well I reloaded the app after uninstalling it and it seems to be working fine this time!!

I did a little more digging and instead of shutting off my Zone Alarm firewall, I set the permissions to allow BBSAK to connect to the internet.

I am not sure if that is what fixed it.

Either way, I am currently backing up my 3rd party apps from my Tour. Very thrilled to have this excellent program working.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!
    05-03-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD