hey i have BBSAK on my comp and i received a call from someone and they left me a message and now my voicemail icon wont disappear. sprint tried everything to help...battery pulls, resetting my system, you name it. tech support finally told me i have to wipe my phone. i really dont wanna do this because my comp for some reason wont let me download the DM...every time i try it says that the installation was interrupted. anyways my question is if i do a wipe, can i use BBSAK to both wipe my device and restore it the way i have it? thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 12:10 PM
    really no one

11-04-09 01:49 PM
    BBSAK cannot do a backup and restore, you may be able to "save" the cods in the java folder with bbsak, and even your third party apps, but only cod's, not your radio file or your personal info.. I would NOT recommend using bbsak, bbsak relies on "app loader" which is a part of DM to install a OS, so if DM is not installed, then niether is "app loader", I would keep looking for a solution to the DM issue, its pretty much the backbone of installing an entire os..Good luck, I hope you find a solution, but I would not wipe your phone until you have DM on your PC..

11-04-09 03:01 PM
    One more idea I found for ya, I just read a few threads on other sites and the best solution they found was: Call your own phone from another phone and leave yourself a voicemail, wait a few mins and check your VM with your BB and delete it, this should reset the count and remove the icon.. I have no way of knowing if this will work for you or if it is a temporary fix meaning it may need to be done often or if its a 1 time permanant fix. It seemed to work for several people on several different carriers. Reloading the OS had no effect for anyone in the research I did, so I would use that as the last resort.. Its carrier delivered notification, so try the above method, hopefully it works..Good Luck..

11-04-09 03:26 PM
    I don't know if the RESET option works on the voicemail icon. Press and hold ALT-rst (I believe that is the sequence)
    11-04-09 08:13 PM
    Which is the rst button?

11-04-09 08:48 PM
    Sorry, it is ALT and then press the keys RST - it clears up some issues - such as when App World gets locked in a download "loop" But I don't know about your situation.

Maybe try from a Messages folder or screen
    11-04-09 11:39 PM
    One more idea I found for ya, I just read a few threads on other sites and the best solution they found was: Call your own phone from another phone and leave yourself a voicemail, wait a few mins and check your VM with your BB and delete it, this should reset the count and remove the icon.. I have no way of knowing if this will work for you or if it is a temporary fix meaning it may need to be done often or if its a 1 time permanant fix. It seemed to work for several people on several different carriers. Reloading the OS had no effect for anyone in the research I did, so I would use that as the last resort.. Its carrier delivered notification, so try the above method, hopefully it works..Good Luck..

i tried this yesterday but it didn't work. i'll try again hopefully it will go away. the thing is is that even if i just miss a call and the person doesn't leave a vm it still will say i have a new voicemail. its irritating.

11-05-09 08:30 AM
    ok it worked...finally. what i did was call my cell from my house and left a message but this time i stay on for a while playing with the features on my vm. i first pressed the key to return the call to my house then it gave me an option to return to voicemail b4 calling my house and i retured to vm. from then i then deleted the message i left to myself and viola...it disappeared. jeez that little thing was driving me crazy lol

11-05-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD