I just got a Netbook with Win 7 Starter. While Desktop Manager works as does Tether, I cannot get BBsak 1.7 to see my Tour. I get "No Device Detected" as an error message. I tried using the tools to try running it as compatible with Vista and XP since those work on other computers but it did not work.

I did notice in the BBsak 1.7 thread a mention of problems with Win7 but figured maybe a thread on just this subject might bring some info on how to get it to run. I don't see a "run as administrator" although someone mentioned that did not work anyway.

Ideas or help are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    04-25-10 08:46 PM
    It maybe a problem with the netbook version of Windows 7. I have been running Windows 7 on a laptop with BBSAK 1.7 successfully for months now. DM works, as does tether.

FA
    04-25-10 10:38 PM
    Right click the bbsak icon on pc, go to properties, compatibility, tick run as admin!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 03:24 AM
    Tried changing both bbsak 1.7 and Desktop Manager to run as Administrator. Tweaked any other related settings and reinstalled bbsak.

Still no access to Tour. I really liked being able to backup apps and entire bb using it and it would be nice to do so on this new portable netbook. I don't see why the version of Win7 would affect it but knowing MS, anything is possible.

Others hints or ideas welcome.
    04-26-10 12:41 PM
    I have had a similar problem . I can backup apps from bbsak to my HDD but I can not restore them. the program will find my phone during the backup but when I click restore it will not find it.
    04-26-10 06:01 PM
    Odd. I guess the program does have its quirks. I will still be able to use it on my other computers but it would have been a nice backup mechanism on the smaller netbook.
    04-26-10 08:03 PM
    Reporting back. For other reasons, I opted to upgrade Win 7 Starter to Win 7 Home Premium.

On a whim, I decided to hook up my Tour and try again and yes, BBSAK worked. I'm not sure what the Win 7 upgrade provides in background changes but clearly, it contained the seeds of success. I did not tweak any com settings and did not reinstall either Desktop manager (usb drivers) or bbsak.

Fingers will remain crossed that it is not a one-time fluke.
    05-02-10 06:34 PM
    Sorry forgot to say I was on 7 ultimate 32bit, hope things keep working for you still

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD