How do I transfer the notes to my comp?
    10-03-09 02:48 AM
    Use the data cable to connect your BB to the computer, and select Yes on your BB when it asks you if you want to turn on mass storage mode or not.

Just use windows explorer to copy the files by browsing to the folder where you've saved your files.

Is that it? Or was it something else that you wanted to ask?
    10-03-09 02:56 AM
    MemoPad syncs to Outlook and to text files too. You set this up in Desktop Manager once and it works from then on. If you edit the PC file(s) they will be updated on your phone the next time you sync.
    10-03-09 02:59 AM
    I thought the OP was asking about BBNotepad, not MemoPad?
    Oh well, a slight misunderstanding. I thought it was about the 3rd party app called BBNotePad.

Thx for the info Pete. I'll try synching with outlook. Never knew that it could backup MemoPad to PC using Outlook. The backed up memopad file, what is the format on the PC? Is it txt?
    10-03-09 09:01 AM
    I thought the OP was asking about BBNotepad, not MemoPad?
    Oh well, a slight misunderstanding. I thought it was about the 3rd party app called BBNotePad.

Thx for the info Pete. I'll try synching with outlook. Never knew that it could backup MemoPad to PC using Outlook. The backed up memopad file, what is the format on the PC? Is it txt?
    You may be right there. I may very well be My Bad here. I though that he was asking about MemoPad but had misnamed it - duh.
    10-03-09 10:47 AM
    But Pete, you haven't answered my question. I wanted help from you too
    How do I use the Outlook sync to edit my files on MemoPad? Do I edit it using Outlook or is it changed to txt on the PC?
    10-03-09 11:49 AM
    Once you have set up DM to synce with MemoPad, you need to find the memos in Outlook. I am guessing that you can do the DM part, yes?

I am using Outlook 2003 so I am gonna have to use that as an example.

At the bottom left hand corner of Outlook you should see something like this pic.

Click the orange bit and you can add icons to the toolbar. Select Notes and when you select it, you will see the MemoPad notes. CLick on one to open it and you can scroll around in it and edit it.

Normal synccing rules apply, the latest update wins.

If you need more info, please come back here.
    10-03-09 01:02 PM
    Thx a lot Pete!
    I'll try that.

PS: I don't really know whether I "can do the DM part" or not, but I sure hope I can. LOL.
    I'll be sure to come back here when I need more info on this. Thx again.
    10-03-09 03:39 PM
    Thx a lot Pete!
    I'll try that.

PS: I don't really know whether I "can do the DM part" or not, but I sure hope I can. LOL.
    I'll be sure to come back here when I need more info on this. Thx again.
    Just PM me if you get stuck but please remember my timezone as GMT.
    10-03-09 04:27 PM
    Use the data cable to connect your BB to the computer, and select Yes on your BB when it asks you if you want to turn on mass storage mode or not.

Just use windows explorer to copy the files by browsing to the folder where you've saved your files.

This actually answered my question. Thanks. I use BBnotepad, not memopad, and I don't use outlook anyways. But thanks for your posts!
    10-04-09 05:34 PM
    This actually answered my question. Thanks. I use BBnotepad, not memopad, and I don't use outlook anyways. But thanks for your posts!
    I need your help guys. I have a curve 8310 and want my memopad (default bb app) notes from my bb to sync with my outlook notes, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much.

Refractions of the Dawn.
    10-10-09 12:00 AM

This doesn't work for me. I can browse my bb fine, but I can't see the memos in there, even in the 'blackberry' folder. I think they're stored in some sort of database on the phone. I still can't get it to sync my memopad with outlook either, so i'm stuck :-(
    10-10-09 05:21 PM
    This doesn't work for me. I can browse my bb fine, but I can't see the memos in there, even in the 'blackberry' folder. I think they're stored in some sort of database on the phone. I still can't get it to sync my memopad with outlook either, so i'm stuck :-(
    I was answering for the OP, it was about a third party app named BBNotePad. For you, try and follow Pete6's instructions. Pete6 already explained in details on how to sync your memopad with outlook. You can ask him for more details. Sorry I can't help.

Here's where to download BBNotePad. It can convert your memopad files to txt so you can copy them to your PC by browsing it.

BBNotePad Home
    10-11-09 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD