Hi crackberry community!

I made a BBM voicemail app and was wondering if anyone would be interested it being a beta tester.

The app is called VVM Messenger and lets you send short voice messages to your BBM contacts. You just record and send, and the app bundles it in a BBM message and the recipient receives it in his or her VVM Messenger Inbox.

The app is good for when you want to say something that is too long to type in a BBM message - or just want to leave a voicemail without eating into your plan's voice minutes .

I have attached a few screenshots below. The voice messages can be up to 25 seconds in length and the app is supported on OS 6 or later. (BBM 6.0.1 is also required but when you run VVM Messenger the first time it will prompt you to download the required version of BBM if you don't already have it).

The app is free, you can download OTA from m.vvmmessenger.com.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Attachment 101385Attachment 101386Attachment 101387Attachment 101388
    01-25-12 04:40 PM
    How is this different from sending BBM contacts a voicenote?
    wu-wei and KrepE like this.
    01-25-12 04:58 PM
    Sounds like Voxer.
    01-25-12 05:04 PM
    Right now the key new things my app brings to the table is doing this quicker and in a more intuitive way then going through the voicenote app. With VVM Messenger you also get the Inbox so you see all your voice mail in one place and not scattered across various BBM threads.

Plus, the app is free anyways :-)

I am planning on adding a bunch of features that will make the experience even richer but for this version of the beta my focus is on the communications backpone and making sure it is beta-tested throughly.
    01-25-12 05:16 PM
    If you want to have it in BlackBerry App World you might have to change the name, RIM calls their visual voice mail app vvm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-12 09:57 AM
    Thanks for the advice, Scrid! I took that under consideration, the app is now live in App World, it's App World name is "VVM - Voicemail for BBM" and you can download it from there: VVM - Voicemail for BBM from App World

The advantage of using the App World version is that anyone you send a BBM voice message to who doesn't have VVM Messenger installed will automatically get a polite invite to download the app from App World.

And thanks for everyone who dropped me an email with your feedback! I made a bunch of fixes which are available in the latest version 0.9.5 of the beta.
    02-08-12 05:36 PM
    Glad you got it accepted without issue man
    You getting a free Playbook out of it?
    02-08-12 06:19 PM
    Glad you got it accepted without issue man
    You getting a free Playbook out of it?
    A free Playbook would be sweet!! But I think the Playbook offer is only valid for new Android apps on the Playbook, so not sure if VVM Messenger will qualify.

To be on the safe side though, I just ported one of my Android apps over to the Playbook. It was shockingly easy and straightforward! And now I wait for the free Playbook to show up in my mailbox
    02-08-12 08:30 PM
    Ah right lol of course
    I made a shopping list and converted an android Joe Mobi app. So I think I covered my bases for a free Playbook as well
    Anyway, back onto topic...
    So which is newer, the BlackBerry App World version or the beta version?
    02-08-12 08:33 PM
    It seems to read that any app submitted can earn the free PlayBook...

BlackBerry - Free BlackBerry PlayBook - Create an App & Submit to Earn a Free Tablet
    02-09-12 10:50 AM
    Ah right lol of course
    I made a shopping list and converted an android Joe Mobi app. So I think I covered my bases for a free Playbook as well
    Anyway, back onto topic...
    So which is newer, the BlackBerry App World version or the beta version?
    Hehe, I think there will be no shortage of apps for the 2.0 release of the Playbook! Good move for RIM to offer all these free Playbooks.

The VVM Messenger versions on the site and in App World are the same. I think going forward I will make App World the main place to get the app and use the site for screenshots, how-tos and release information. Or for when App World takes forever to approve an update! (truth be told though they have been pretty good in that department lately...)
    02-09-12 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD