I'm running OS6 on 9700 and recently my bbm has dissapeared. Have deleted it off memory then reinstalled. But its not showing anywhere on my phone. Check my app on DTM and its ticked and loaded on my device?

Where o where has it gone??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 12:23 PM
    Try this, Find these two service book entries in Options < Advanced Options < Service Books,

BBFS2 [BBMIMConfig]
    BBFS2 [BBIM]

Find and scroll to each of these entries, and then press the BlackBerry key and select "Delete" for both of them, then reboot the device with ALT, The right side caps lock key, and delete.

Then login to BIS and go to "Service Books" and select to resend service books to the device.

If this doesn't fix the issue, contact Vodafone and inform them that your missing two service book entries, and have them take you through troubleshooting, do not mention that you are running OS6.
    11-08-10 02:03 PM
    I say, you're getting the torch servicebooks. That is so evil of your carrier to push them to your device. If vodaphone cannot help at all, I suggest you downgrade to OS 5 again.

11-08-10 03:22 PM
    Did you look in the Instant Messaging folder? Made sure to Show All on the Home Screen?

Go to Options>Device>Application Management. Click on the Applications header, select "Required". BBM should be the 2nd thing on the list.
    11-08-10 03:40 PM
    I'm running OS6 on 9700 and recently my bbm has dissapeared. Have deleted it off memory then reinstalled. But its not showing anywhere on my phone. Check my app on DTM and its ticked and loaded on my device?

Where o where has it gone??

The easiest way round is to re-download BBM onto your device from RIm website. It will ask you there is another version already installed, replace it? click yes. Problem solved.
    11-08-10 04:02 PM
    The easiest way round is to re-download BBM onto your device from RIm website. It will ask you there is another version already installed, replace it? click yes. Problem solved.
    This. Navigate to blackberry.com/messenger. Simples!

11-08-10 04:20 PM
    This. Navigate to blackberry.com/messenger. Simples!

This won't help if he still cannot find the app on his device.

gymwarner - If you have Dial From HomeScreen disabled, you can also hit "n" on your keyboard to launch BBM. Sorry I didn't mention it before!
    11-08-10 04:56 PM
    This won't help if he still cannot find the app on his device.

gymwarner - If you have Dial From HomeScreen disabled, you can also hit "n" on your keyboard to launch BBM. Sorry I didn't mention it before!
    This happened to me before and re-downloading fixed the same problem. This was for OS5, mind.

11-08-10 07:10 PM
    Hey, thanks for all your help.

Ended up downloading BBSAK and wiping device then reloading OS6.

Was also suffering big memory leaks.

All sorted now though.

Cheers again!

11-09-10 12:36 AM
    Hey, thanks for all your help.

Ended up downloading BBSAK and wiping device then reloading OS6.

Was also suffering big memory leaks.

All sorted now though.

Cheers again!

i have the same problem... can u help??? please!!!!!
    11-11-10 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD