My wife will be purchasing an iPhone, and giving up her BB. We are looking for a BBM type of app that is available on BBs and iPhones. BBM has been very convenient, so that we don't use up all of our monthly texts or clog up our e-mail accounts.

Thanks in advance!
    08-15-10 03:36 PM
    Just use any of the IMs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 03:39 PM
    You can use PingChat! which uses your data plan instead of text messages. Although it's currently still in testing, I have been using it today between BlackBerry and iPhone and it works really well! It's a cross platform messaging application that can be used by Android and the other two mentioned above. Best thing about it is that it's free and easy to set up! Only other application decent that I have used is WhatsApp.
    08-15-10 04:24 PM
    Haven't experienced Google Talk, although you can also use messenger clients such as Windows Live Messenger etc..there's quite a few decent ones out there.
    08-15-10 05:27 PM
    I hear Kik Messenger is good.
    08-15-10 05:42 PM
    Yeah I've heard good reviews about Kik Messenger. The only downfall of that application for me is that I am unable to use it as it only accepts registration from America and Canada at the moment.
    08-15-10 05:53 PM
    Whatsapp seems to be pretty popular. I installed it on my bb and your phone number is your "pin". When it scanned my address book I was surprised at how many people had it installed.
    08-15-10 09:34 PM
    Yak Messenger
    08-15-10 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD