Is there any app that lets you know if a BBM contact no longer has a BlackBerry? I was trying to reach a friend who was on my BBM contact list but the message wasn`t delivered. I called him and he said he bolted to iphone, so I was wondering if there was an easy way to find out if any other contacts have done the same and didn`t involve sending each one a message hoping for a reply!

Thanks!
    02-13-12 01:15 PM
    Don't think so...messages that are not delivered could also just mean their phone is off at that moment. I only add folks I know fairly well to bbm so if they get rid of their blackberry, I usually know about it beforehand and remove them.
    02-14-12 12:00 AM
    Is there any app that lets you know if a BBM contact no longer has a BlackBerry? I was trying to reach a friend who was on my BBM contact list but the message wasn`t delivered. I called him and he said he bolted to iphone, so I was wondering if there was an easy way to find out if any other contacts have done the same and didn`t involve sending each one a message hoping for a reply!

Thanks!
    I think BBM does check for activity because some of my friends got grayed out when they stopped using BBs.
    02-14-12 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD