Hi guys,

I would like to know, how to use BBM without a contract for it. I'm sure that possible, but we must use a "crack", or something like that. I would like to use my phone, only with the wifi, to go on internet, chat with BBM, or download software with BB Aps World.

Is there any guide for it ?

Thanks
    (sorry for my English, I'm French )
    06-30-11 02:17 PM
    This is from our Rules thread in the Announcements Forum.....

• Keep it Legal

No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.

PS No one is in trouble, YET! Just reminding everyone.
    06-30-11 02:38 PM
    You need a BlackBerry Data Plan (BIS) in order to use BBM, BlackBerry App World, and other BlackBerry Data Features.
    06-30-11 08:04 PM
    Ok, so if anyone know how to use BB stuff without contract, you can send me a message, like that no one will be in trouble !
    06-30-11 11:11 PM
    There is no way to use BBM without a BIS plan (or a Social Plan, if your carrier offers one). Without the proper BlackBerry data plan, you will not have the service books. There is no way to get the service books without paying for the plan.

It is possible in many cases to get prepaid BlackBerry data plans without needing a contract.

Who is your carrier?
    06-30-11 11:14 PM
    My carrier is SFR (a french carrier) and i have a special contract for BB. But I'm actually in Thailand for holidays, I bought a prepaid thai chip, and I wanted to go on internet, and chat with BBM just with wifi.

(I'm still sorry for my english)

EDIT :

- With the thai chip, i can't go on internet, or use BB stuff like BB Apps world or BBM even if I'm connected with the wifi
    - With my french chip, i can go on internet, and use BB stuff if I'm connected with the wifi

So, I think that's possible to unlock BB stuff, to use them just with the wifi
    Last edited by hitmanwow; 06-30-11 at 11:28 PM.
    06-30-11 11:24 PM
    My carrier is SFR (a french carrier) and i have a special contract for BB. But I'm actually in Thailand for holidays, I bought a prepaid thai chip, and I wanted to go on internet, and chat with BBM just with wifi.

(I'm still sorry for my english)
    If the Thai carrier offers prepaid BIS, you could add it. However, if they do not offer it, you will only be able to talk, text, and use the hotspot browser with Wi-Fi.

You would need to contact the Thai carrier, not your own carrier, and ask them if they have a prepaid BIS plan. Otherwise, you will not be able to use BBM until you return to France and use SFR's BIS plan.
    06-30-11 11:30 PM
    But, with my thai chip, if only the wifi is enabled i can't browse the internet. When I open the browser, it says :

Impossible de trouver le serveur requis.
    While with the French chip, when only the wifi is enabled, i can browse the internet.
    06-30-11 11:40 PM
    But, with my thai chip, if only the wifi is enabled i can't browse the internet. When I open the browser, it says :

While with the French chip, when only the wifi is enabled, i can browse the internet.
    That sounds like you do not have BIS from the Thai carrier.

If you have access to Wi-Fi and use Hotspot Browser with the SIM from your own French carrier, you should not get charged for data use.
    06-30-11 11:51 PM
    If you have access to Wi-Fi and use Hotspot Browser with the SIM from your own French carrier, you should not get charged for data use.
    I know, but I won't change of chip every 5 minutes... If I want browse the internet, use BBM, i have to put the French chip, and if I want to call i have to put the Thai chip...

Moreover, with my french chip, I can't access to BB Apps world if only the wifi is enabled, I have to turn on the mobile network. Is it normal ?
    07-01-11 12:36 AM
    Yes, it's normal to need the mobile network (and data) turned on the use App World. Only RIM knows why. It hasn't always been like this and is very annoying for people abroad or who (like me at the moment) only have a wi-fi connection.

The good news is that the CrackBerry Superstore works just fine on wi-fi only so that's the best way to get apps.
    07-01-11 11:47 AM
    I am unaware of anyway to do any apps, BBM or browser without a contract. The companies make lots of money off of those contacts for data plans so they aren't going to make it easy to hack into it and make it so people get free stuff. I am sure there are ways but I have yet to see a safe, reliable, and working way to do such a thing. I use my data plan.
    07-01-11 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD