I heard that RIM will be releasing BBM for Android, but I didn't really buy't. So, here goes my solution:

If one could develop an app that connects your Blackberry to your Android device as in forwarding the BBM messages your receive to your Android and sending BBM messages from your Android through your Blackberry, that would be great! They can load the contact list to your Android device, so when you pick a contact to address, his/her PIN would be already loaded on your phone and the Blackberry would forward the message with the PIN as a receiver to avoid problems when changing names or so. Sure one may not be able to join groups, but it is still worth't. As for receiving contact requests, the key is in keeping the lists on both devices synced either manually by copying the contact list onto you Android yourself or automatically through the obtained connection between both devices. You may engineer the app to use WiFi connectivity on both devices or 3G/4G it doesn't matter as you'll be needing a subscription for your BIS anyways.

I'm no developer or what so ever, but I know enough to have an idea of what's possible.
    09-06-11 11:56 AM
    I heard that RIM will be releasing BBM for Android, but I didn't really buy't. So, here goes my solution:

If one could develop an app that connects your Blackberry to your Android device as in forwarding the BBM messages your receive to your Android and sending BBM messages from your Android through your Blackberry, that would be great! They can load the contact list to your Android device, so when you pick a contact to address, his/her PIN would be already loaded on your phone and the Blackberry would forward the message with the PIN as a receiver to avoid problems when changing names or so. Sure one may not be able to join groups, but it is still worth't. As for receiving contact requests, the key is in keeping the lists on both devices synced either manually by copying the contact list onto you Android yourself or automatically through the obtained connection between both devices. You may engineer the app to use WiFi connectivity on both devices or 3G/4G it doesn't matter as you'll be needing a subscription for your BIS anyways.

I'm no developer or what so ever, but I know enough to have an idea of what's possible.
    for whats worth just get BlackBerry
    09-06-11 10:20 PM

sorry, not possible, RIM doesn't open source any of their apps, and certainly not this one, you would have to change the routing from their BES/BIS server to the android device and that simply isn't possible, you'll have to wait for RIM to release it if you want to use it on android, they own the server which BBM uses to send/receive which means they own all functionality to it.
    09-07-11 04:37 PM
    Won't happen.
    I do wish there was a way I could access my BlackBerry BBM from my Android tab tho.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD