Here is a simple tutorial to get it on your device -

Link for direct download & setup instructions - Blackberry Messenger 8 for OS 5,6 & 7

BBM Channels is a new social networking feature within BBM that extends the sharing experience beyond your friendship circle �allowing channel creators to amass an unlimited number of followers. Express yourself with BBM Channels. Create, edit & publish in an instant. Or connect to the people, communities and brands you love � receive timely posts and participate by commenting on, liking and sharing posts.

-Channel Profile - View personalised channel profiles for each BBM Channel including additional content helping to bring the channel to life such as a welcome messages, images, maps and more.
    -Receive Posts - Stay up to date on the things that matter to you with instant updates from your subscribed channels. Receive notification when new posts are available and chose whether you would like to be notified.
    -Engagement options - Get involved in conversations with your favourite communities by commenting on and liking posts from the Channels to which you have subscribed. Or share interesting posts with your BBM contacts.
    -Chat (Coming Soon) - Get more personal with one to one conversations. Many BBM Channels allow subscribers to enjoy private conversations via BBM.
    -Discovery - Easily find and share your favourite communities on BBM Channels. Check out which Channels are currently featured on the carousel. Channel invites can be shared between BBM contacts or add a Channel via PIN or QR code.
    -User Controls - Be in control of your notifications with the BBM Channel mute button. It allows you to select exactly which subscribed channels you would like to receive notifications from.

PLEASE READ:
    1. Before downloading, please back up your contact list by displaying the menu within BlackBerry Messenger - Options - Back Up. (Available for users of BBM 5.0 and above.)
    2. Please ensure that you are using RIM or carrier approved BlackBerry� Device Software to avoid compatibility issues that may result in loss of the BBM icon.
    3. After installing the new version of BBM, please restart your device.

For all technical support with BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), please visit BlackBerry - Messenger Help & Support – BBM Resources - US

Link for direct download & setup instructions - Blackberry Messenger 8 for OS 5,6 & 7
    05-16-13 10:53 AM
    any help you need ?
    05-16-13 10:56 AM
    any help you need ?

Hi Aditya

I'm currently using version 7.0.1.23 and I do not have BIS activated. I just came to know that for BBM's functionality NOW BIS is not required and it can work over wifi so I installed it and the first error I got was that the backup file is corrupt and I needed to try it again or select any other location. I bypassed this error and BBM started to set up after a while another error popped up saying that BBM could not set up because of insufficient wireless coverage or the connection to the wireless network on my device is turned off which is not the case and my wifi is working perfectly.

Can you offer some help ?

Thank you
    05-16-13 11:07 AM
    just restart the device 2 times in row this will fix up. if you still find the problem reinstall the app
    05-16-13 11:23 AM
    Theres another thing I've just noticed when I turned on my data services I noticed that BBM was setting up but I had to turn it off because it was eating up my balance.
    05-16-13 11:57 AM
    what is the keycode for this my bbm wont open without the keycode
    05-16-13 03:10 PM
    what is the keycode for this my bbm wont open without the keycode
    The process to get the keycode from bb beta zone is mentioned
    05-16-13 10:32 PM
    unable to open the link
    05-17-13 02:04 PM
    unable to open the link
    please check working fine
    05-17-13 10:06 PM
    Hello adit, how to unlock bbm 8
    05-18-13 08:06 AM
    On installing bbm 8 it is asking for key code under licenece agreement
    What is this and from where will I get it
    05-18-13 11:37 AM
    On installing bbm 8 it is asking for key code under licenece agreement
    What is this and from where will I get it
    Get the code from BBM beta zone. Like mentioned a few times already. Have to register for a beta zone account and then subscribe to the BBM trial.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    05-18-13 11:40 AM
    i need the keycode :/
    05-18-13 01:08 PM
    i need the keycode :/
    1: You register at the BetaZone
    2: You op-in the BBM 8 Beta
    3: You download and install the BBM 8 Beta (Keycode email sent at the same time)
    4: You reboot your device
    5: The keycode should be in the email you registered with (BBID)
    6: You open bbm, read go through the disclaimers ect ...you copy paste the keycode at the bottom.
    7: You're ready to go.
    05-18-13 01:22 PM
    apparently thah registering s**** isn't available in my country . :/
    05-18-13 01:26 PM
    Hey guys, i downloaded bb channels and installed it on my bold 9900. When i enter the key code and click on accept, nothing happens. I have tried re generating the key code and tried so many times but nothing happens. Even re checked my pin in beta zone which is correct.
    Please Help!
    05-18-13 02:09 PM
    Does BBM 8 work without a BIS connection?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 02:12 PM
    Link for direct download & setup instructions - Blackberry Messenger 8 for OS 5,6 & 7. I have been trying from past one hour, but the link is not working at all. Please help. My bbm is stuck
    05-18-13 03:13 PM
    Link for direct download & setup instructions - Blackberry Messenger 8 for OS 5,6 & 7 . Link not working at all. What to do
    05-18-13 03:19 PM
    Does BBM 8 work without a BIS connection?

Posted via CB10
    Yes
    05-18-13 09:10 PM
    The web is up and all working sorry for any inconvenience caused
    05-18-13 09:11 PM
    Im downloaded bbm8 but i didnt done the back up... And even im not getting keycode link on my email id....
    What should i do ?
    05-19-13 01:13 AM
    It's just stuck at 'setting up BBM'. What should I do?
    I'm testing it on a 9800 without BIS.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 05:40 AM
    is bbm 8 for os5 aswell ? if yes y it gets stuvk at the ending stage f download!
    05-19-13 06:34 AM
    keycode..?

i need it..
    05-19-13 11:38 AM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD