For those of you having issues with BBM6, I made ya'll an OTA to go back to the last BBM5.

BBM 5.0.3.22 OTA

You should not need to delete your current BBM first. I would recommend you enter Options from the main BBM screen by pressing the BB button, and setting up both Remote Backup and Backup Locally. Highly unlikely you'll lose anything, but better safe than sorry. I'd also suggest for Remote, that you use your BlackBerry email address. It's the only one that can't possibly hit a spam filter.

Last edited by BigBadWulf; 08-02-11 at 07:52 AM. Reason: instructions added
    07-31-11 09:45 AM
    This is exactly what I needed thank you very much.
    07-31-11 12:49 PM
    I tried it and right when it was about to finish downliading it saids download failed.. You think I should delete my bbm first then try to dl this? Thankyou

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 01:52 PM
    This is exactly what I needed thank you very much.
    Quite welcome

I tried it and right when it was about to finish downliading it saids download failed.. You think I should delete my bbm first then try to dl this? Thankyou

That would be my last way to attemp it. Try doing a battery pull, let the phone settle in for a few minutes after it boots up, then try again. I tested it myself, so I know the download is good.

Edit - I downgraded from the latest, BBM 6.0.0.125 if you're wondering. Didn't lose a thing, down or back up again.
    07-31-11 02:01 PM
    yes i did and finally got facebook 2.0 back on my phone thanks for the link
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 08-01-11 at 11:22 AM. Reason: corrected version
    08-01-11 09:16 AM
    if i downgrade should i delete the bbm6 first ???

nd wil my groups and contacts stay after the downgrade?
    08-02-11 05:56 AM
    if i downgrade should i delete the bbm6 first ???

nd wil my groups and contacts stay after the downgrade?
    Make sure you have an email registered in Options for Remote Backup, and a backup either on your SD or device. Do Not delete your current BBM first. There's no guaranty, but you shouldn't lose anything, as I stated on post #4.
    08-02-11 07:11 AM
    Thanks, Bro, I knew a LOT of people overseas that needed this.

gapinwales likes this.
    08-02-11 07:27 AM
    i;ve tried numerous times directly with bb. i get the 907 invalid cod, unable to import ZIP file?

i m using 8520 curve, and on platform v.5.0.0.681

i did attempt to download the new bbm6 yesterday and since then i have lost bbm5 and been unable to get it back, despite it appearing in the core applications.
    08-03-11 03:30 AM
    if i go to delete it from the options>applications i just get edit permissions and not the delete option. ;(
    08-03-11 03:31 AM
    i;ve tried numerous times directly with bb. i get the 907 invalid cod, unable to import ZIP file?

i m using 8520 curve, and on platform v.5.0.0.681

i did attempt to download the new bbm6 yesterday and since then i have lost bbm5 and been unable to get it back, despite it appearing in the core applications.
    if i go to delete it from the options>applications i just get edit permissions and not the delete option. ;(
    I'm not sure why you, and others are having issues with the install, but I'm looking into it. Couple questions....

1. The BBM you can't remove. Is it named anything slightly different than "BlackBerry Messenger"?

2. Do you have the OS you currently run on the phone installed on your PC.

3. Are you comfortable/familiar with using an app such as BBSAK, BBMCP, CrackUtil or BBH-tool (Shrink-a-OS)?
    gapinwales likes this.
    08-03-11 07:04 AM
    hi all, i have sorted it out i was using the desktop on my mac, and it apparently doesn;t like it. so i installed the cd onto old windows netbook.. it updated the phone to it's original settings everything is dandy now.
    thank you to each and every one of you who have replied with your very helpful tips. This really is a great site, and it's bookmarked for future use, as i feel i'll be needing it again.. BB isn't as good as its hype
    08-03-11 09:39 AM
    hi all, i have sorted it out i was using the desktop on my mac, and it apparently doesn;t like it. so i installed the cd onto old windows netbook.. it updated the phone to it's original settings everything is dandy now.
    thank you to each and every one of you who have replied with your very helpful tips. This really is a great site, and it's bookmarked for future use, as i feel i'll be needing it again.. BB isn't as good as its hype
    Glad you got that worked out.

Blackberry and Apple is like oil and water.

PS - No one ever hyped the 8520.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    08-03-11 12:15 PM
    I don't often use the Thanks button, but this thread definitely deserves one. No problems getting this loaded on my Bold.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-05-11 07:52 AM
    Thank you it worked perfect and I'm so happy to have bbm5 back
    08-05-11 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD