http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=bblight

Anyone try this on the STORM?? does it work?? The prior BBlight screwed up my profile I'm assuming because I have BBALERTS
    03-02-09 06:12 PM
    OT but I believe Einstein's quote (from your sig) is "It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity"

BBlight works for me no problem...I don't have BBalerts (or know what it is for that matter)
    03-02-09 07:03 PM
    yeah i saw both accredited to him .. didnt know which one was the exact quote .. figured it gets the point across lol
    03-02-09 07:11 PM
    Sorry, it's probably almost impossible to figure out on your own...From the release.txt file in the desktop download:

Code:
    To correctly set up simultaneous vibration and ringing: 
    	a) In your active device Profile, set BBlight to Vibrate and Repeat
    		Notification to None, Number of Vibrations = 1
    	b) In your active device Profile, set Phone to Tone
    	c) In the BBlight application, set "Vibration for Phone Calls" to
    		something other than 0.
    To turn off simultaneous vibration and ringing for a specific profile:
    	a) In that device Profile, set BBlight to None
    	b) In that device Profile, set Phone to None or Tone Only
    To completely disable simultaneous vibration and ringing:
    	a) In the BBlight application, set "Vibration for Phone Calls" to 0.
    	b) And you can do the following but don't really need to
    		In your active device Profile, set BBlight to None
    Anyone try this on the STORM?? does it work?? The prior BBlight screwed up my profile I'm assuming because I have BBALERTS
    Starting with v1.91, BBlight adds an option to your device's profile. I have never used BBAlerts, but maybe it doesn't like 3rd party apps adding new options to the device profiles? If this is the case, it's something that the developer should fix.

Hmm, I don't have a Storm, but I just tried it for the first time in the Storm simulator...doesn't work. BBlight's Vibrate call is never triggered.
    03-02-09 07:36 PM
    Downloaded BBlight and though I'm not normally a vibrate kinda guy, since I rarely feel it before it rings or when on vibrate only, I did find that being able to extend the length of the vibrate, I notice it easier now. Guess for me the default length of my BB's vibrate, was not enough for me to react to, when I was focused on something else.

So this works out pretty good for me, not so much the vibrate and ring, but being able to change how vibrate works on my BB. Can't beat it for a few app.
    03-02-09 09:07 PM
    I've been using 1.82 since the Pearl and did not even know there was a new one. Works aok on my Storm. If your having problems with 1.95 you should be able to find 1.82 at getjar. It works fine and does not have all those extras. I mostly use it to keep the light on when hooked to power myself. Nice when using the blackberry in the truck. Why we even need to download and app for this most basic of features though is beyond me. This should just be a setting on the Storm or any other Blackberry for that matter same as Quckpull should be integrated since they gave us no reset button.
    03-03-09 01:45 AM
    I have bblight 1.82 and fabians vibandring app, so would people say its pointless for me to upgrade tothis new version of bblight?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 05:49 AM
    anybody running 1.95? is it overall better than 1.82?
    03-03-09 01:02 PM
    Per Tateu's post,
    I followed the instructions to set up vibrate and ring. My problem is per the instructions:
    "a) In your active device Profile, set BBlight to Vibrate and Repeat
    Notification to None, Number of Vibrations = 1".......
    When I go to profiles>advanced>loud (active profile)>BBlight.... I don't see where to shet "Vibrate and Repeat". I see the drop box, which only gives me the regular options... "none, tone, vibrate, vibrate+tone".

Am I missing something here? I downloaded BBlight 1.95 and running os 4.3.
    03-04-09 06:16 PM
    BBLight
    --Out of Holster: Vibrate
    --Repeat Notification: None
    --Number of Vibrations: 1

Phone
    --Out of Holster: Tone
    03-04-09 06:30 PM
    So... Here's what I have:

BBlight:
    --Ring Tone: (my ring tone)
    --Volume: High
    --Number of Beeps: 3
    (exact copy for in holster)

Phone:
    --Repeat Notification: LED Flashing
    --Number of Vibrations: 2

Under BBlight icon:
    -Vibration: for Phone calls: 4
    -Vibration duration (ms): 2000
    -Vibration interval (ms): 1000

I am still not getting the ring and vibrate to work. What am I missing?
    Thanks for you reply Tateu!!!
    03-04-09 06:50 PM
    Is BBLight running in the background? Run BBLight, make sure it says "Active" in the title at the top of the screen, press the menu button and choose "Close." Do not choose "Exit." BBlight must be open in the background for any of it's functions to work.

If it still doesn't work...maybe it doesn't work on your device. I only have a Bold to test it on but I tried it on the Storm in a simulator and it does not work. RIM changed some stuff around on the Storm that seems to have broken my code.

What OS version are you running? I might be able to run it on the Curve in a simulator.
    03-04-09 06:57 PM
    I got it to work. Did a battery pull after and working fine now.
    Thanks for the replies!!!!!
    03-04-09 07:25 PM
    dunno if want to try this one
    03-04-09 08:20 PM
    yeah bblight keeps freezing and doesnt seam to work even after a battery pull im just going to delet it i dotn need it that bad
    03-05-09 11:10 PM
    So... Here's what I have:

BBlight:

Phone:
    --Repeat Notification: LED Flashing
    --Number of Vibrations: 2

Under BBlight icon:
    -Vibration: for Phone calls: 4
    -Vibration duration (ms): 2000
    -Vibration interval (ms): 1000

I am still not getting the ring and vibrate to work. What am I missing?
    Thanks for you reply Tateu!!!
    Turn off vibrate on phone
    03-05-09 11:28 PM
    can i get bb light to make my txt msgs vibrate? or...no..? if so can you guys tell me how to set that up?
    03-06-09 01:28 PM
    Will this work on an 8330? I tried the same settings as listed above. Doesn't seem to be working. Its just ringing and not vibrating at all.

03-06-09 11:35 PM
    Nm now it works. So it always has to be running? I mean am I supposed to close it or just exit? Or just get out of it by hitting the back button? Is it supposed to be visible from the application switcher?

03-06-09 11:39 PM
    Nm now it works. So it always has to be running? I mean am I supposed to close it or just exit? Or just get out of it by hitting the back button? Is it supposed to be visible from the application switcher?

Yes, leave it running. Its a small application.

03-07-09 08:40 AM
    Got it thanks. It seems to the job pretty well but when I try ti silence the phone when its ringing the ringer ceases but it continues to vibrate. Haven't tried it when the profile is on vibrate but it does so in normal mode. Anyone else getting the same thing?

03-08-09 05:09 AM
    Sorry to be slow here but I'm having issues setting this up.

How do I get to the 'active device profile'?
    03-08-09 05:21 PM
    Sorry to be slow here but I'm having issues setting this up.

How do I get to the 'active device profile'?
    Makes two of us... I am only using it for the light functions right now. I'm not seeing/finding the other options.
    03-08-09 07:19 PM
    bblight doesn't seem to do its job with this update. i have it set to light up when i receive a text but it never does. any advice?
    03-08-09 07:24 PM
    bblight doesn't seem to do its job with this update. i have it set to light up when i receive a text but it never does. any advice?
    Double check your settings and make sure you have the program running in the background.
    03-08-09 07:26 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD