There is a link to a FAQ page under help and links to threads on various forums including CB. Also, if you are running Vista on your PC, you need to run the program as administrator.
    08-02-10 08:33 PM
    There is a link to a FAQ page under help and links to threads on various forums including CB. Also, if you are running Vista on your PC, you need to run the program as administrator.
    thanks for trying to help me, yes i did try as admin, also did searched everywhere including "googling", can't find step by step instruction how to use it, i know I'm not a computer geek, but I'm fine when getting help .
    thx again
    08-02-10 11:44 PM
    Well here's some basic instructions:

Install the OS in windows, then start BBHybrids tool.

At the top where it says "Select OS Folder", click the drop down and select the OS.

Next, on the Shrink-A-OS tab, click the items you want to remove from the OS, then click Shrink My OS!.

You can close the program and then install the new OS on your BB.
    08-03-10 06:41 AM
    Well here's some basic instructions:

Install the OS in windows, then start BBHybrids tool.

At the top where it says "Select OS Folder", click the drop down and select the OS.

Next, on the Shrink-A-OS tab, click the items you want to remove from the OS, then click Shrink My OS!.

You can close the program and then install the new OS on your BB.
    "At the top where it says "Select OS Folder", click the drop down and select the OS." at this step where i don't have the option to select actual OS (v862) i have installed in my pc, thx anyway, i just gave up and uninstalled this tool after reading that facts people after shrink with about 15-20 3rd party apps have about 115-125 MB file free, in my BB after shrinking via MaxMem which is extremely easy to do and having about 5 themes and 20+ apps have 130+MB free, so I'm happy thx again buddy
    08-03-10 08:53 PM
    Strange that it's not appearing. You can try posting at BBHybrids.net.
    08-04-10 07:25 AM
    I have tried to install this program two times and both times my Norton Anti Virus says there is a security risk and removes it. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Updated again:

v1.9
    - Added "Add 6.0 Files"/"Add 5.2 Files" buttons to add 6.0/5.2 files to your OS install
    - Added @bbleaks/@crackberry/Other Users Latest Tweests options
    - Added Screenshot Viewer w/ Upload/Shrink Link/Tweet Link Options
    - Added "T-Mobile Mobile Backup" Shrink option
    - Adjusted "Take Screenshot" file name to contain date, random numbers to prevent overwriting previous screenshots
    - Changed "BBH Tool is in current OS folder" to a drop-down menu option
    - Fixed Skins for Windows XP
    - Fixed issue where some languages were shrunk when you checked Remove All and unchecked the language
    - Renamed "Refresh" button to "Show Tweets" / "Find Latest Hybrid?" to "Latest BBHybrids"
    - Removed "Search" from "Over-The-Top" shrinking as it was causing bricks
    - Removed "Add To OS Install"

Download Here
    08-07-10 09:08 AM
    Remove Norton, it's a total crap program. There are GOOD AV programs, some of the best are free. Google for them, look at AVG, Avast, Microsoft's Security Essentials, etc.
    08-07-10 09:32 AM
    Remove Norton, it's a total crap program. There are GOOD AV programs, some of the best are free. Google for them, look at AVG, Avast, Microsoft's Security Essentials, etc.
    I'll second that. Norton is horrendous, eats resources like crazy, and no better at protecting you than most others. McAfee in the same league - bloatware that tries to convince you to buy and install all their other "protection" software -- but with both you wind up with heavy software, resource drain, attempts to push firewall and anti-spyware on you, etc. Too heavy, little if any benefit.

Interesting market. For several years, NOD32 was superb -- lightweight, better than the rest, virtually invisible once installed and configured. But they, took, succumbed to the lure of becoming bloatware a couple of years ago, and I had to stop recommending them to employers and clients.

Vipre looked wonderful when they first started out -- incredibly lightweight and fast. But over the past 18 months their product has become incredibly buggy and flakey -- often eating 100% CPU due to buggy virus signature releases.

After years of dealing with this -- I've found that a couple of the free packages are, indeed, much better than you might expect -- very effective, relatively lightweight -- and...of course...free.

I've got a dozen machines protected with Avast (free version) for the past 18 months, and it's worked perfectly. The interface is fine, the product unobtrusive, no noticeable drag on the system - and we have yet to experience any infections that got by it. Highly recommended.
    08-07-10 12:21 PM
    FWIW my personal recommendation for those running Windows is Microsoft's own, it's VERY unobtrusive, scores very highly in comparison tests and is absolutely free.
    It's been working well for me since it's inception:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=eNACEkql

A malware scanner is also recommended, I like MalwareBytes, also free (beginning to see a pattern here? <G>) get it here:
    Malwarebytes

Note to the OP: One reason I classify Norton as malware is it's refusal to "go quietly", see their website for instruction on how to remove it completely!
    Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support
    Last edited by xs11e; 08-07-10 at 02:35 PM.
    08-07-10 02:32 PM
    +1 for MS Security Essentials. Very reliable and draws fewer resources than most.
    08-07-10 02:40 PM
    MS's tool has gotten better overall reviews than I would have expected...except that it failed this years "virus bulletin" testing, totally missing a virus on their "wildlist". Notably, both ESET (NOD32) and Avast passed, on all versions of Windows. This is a good resource to check periodically:
    Virus Bulletin : VB100 results - Microsoft Security Essentials
    08-07-10 05:45 PM
    That's Norton for you. Doesn't let anything on and you can't get rid of it. I use Bitdefender AV. Nothing gets through, and it's very informative as to what it's doing.
    08-07-10 06:47 PM
    That's Norton for you. Doesn't let anything on and you can't get rid of it. I use Bitdefender AV. Nothing gets through, and it's very informative as to what it's doing.
    Very good point -- Norton is remarkably reminiscent of a trojan, in that it installs bits of itself, and self-regenerating modules, that it really can be a bear to remove completely. Seems like they took their design cue from virus authors in this respect...
    08-08-10 12:05 PM
    Subscribing & bumping!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 07:25 AM
    BBHybrids Tool v2.0 now available with better OS6 compatibility - BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

Change Log:
    v2.0
    - Added "Live Shrink" option - removes Shrink Options for device after its been installed to device
    - Added File Swapper to Build-A-Hybrid tab for easy OS file swapping
    - Added Shrink for Backgrounds[OS6], Backup Assisstant[OS6], Music[OS6], Startup Videos[OS6], Fonts[OS6], Feeds[OS6], Podcasts[OS6[, Movitalk[OS6], YouTube[OS6], and MySpace
    - Added "Tweet It" Option for OTAs created and uploaded with BBH Tool
    - Added "Tweet link after shrink" checkbox to URL shrinking
    - Fixed issue with URL Shrinking
    - Fixed "Phone Options" going missing when shrinking TTY in OS6
    - Re-organized Shrink-A-OS
    12-18-10 06:53 PM
    Thanks man
    12-18-10 08:03 PM
    Looks great! Thanks for the update! Can't live without this program!!!
    lyricidal likes this.
    12-18-10 09:15 PM
    anyone with a mirror to download pls?
    never mind site back up
    Last edited by Habs69M; 12-18-10 at 10:31 PM.
    12-18-10 10:15 PM
    BBHybrids Tool v2.0 now available with better OS6 compatibility - BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

Change Log:
    v2.0
    - Added "Live Shrink" option - removes Shrink Options for device after its been installed to device
    - Added File Swapper to Build-A-Hybrid tab for easy OS file swapping
    - Added Shrink for Backgrounds[OS6], Backup Assisstant[OS6], Music[OS6], Startup Videos[OS6], Fonts[OS6], Feeds[OS6], Podcasts[OS6[, Movitalk[OS6], YouTube[OS6], and MySpace
    - Added "Tweet It" Option for OTAs created and uploaded with BBH Tool
    - Added "Tweet link after shrink" checkbox to URL shrinking
    - Fixed issue with URL Shrinking
    - Fixed "Phone Options" going missing when shrinking TTY in OS6
    - Re-organized Shrink-A-OS
    build a hybrid function is not available....
    12-19-10 09:31 PM
    build a hybrid function is not available....
    I know: "Build-A-Hybrid (Advanced Users) (VIP ONLY)"
    12-21-10 05:02 PM
    I'm a vip. The vip bbtools is still 1.9

12-21-10 08:15 PM
    Fantastic update.

Just made my life a tad easier !
    12-21-10 08:52 PM
    I'm a vip. The vip bbtools is still 1.9

I just downloaded the VIP one and it shows 2.0 - I'd clear cache or try a diff browser and redownload

Fantastic update.

Just made my life a tad easier !
    Very glad to hear that
    12-21-10 10:29 PM
    Change Log:
    v2.1
    - Added 9780/9670 to Device Drop-down
    - Added Info about Shink My OS Live button (Click "?")
    - Added "Shrink All" box for Applications
    - Added Total shrunk amount
    - Added more shrinking options: Languages - Indonesian, Vietnamese; Apps: AT&T Hot Spot, DoD Certificates, Slacker, MemoPad, Suretype T12, Tasks; Fonts: Arabic, Indic, Japanese
    - Added "Swap Full Java" in File Swapper (B-a-H)
    - Added button to Refresh OS Folders beside the OS Folder box
    - Added, updated and corrected tool tips for many items
    - Cleaned up code to optimize various features
    - Fixed Tweet options to remove all the added "+"s
    - Modified ShrinkSettings.ini to be a bit more oganized

BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    sheldonbk likes this.
    01-08-11 07:34 PM
    v2.2
    - Added keyboard shortcuts for Help (F1), Select All (Ctrl + A), Select None (Ctrl + Del), Shrink My OS (Ctrl + Space) and Launch Loader (Ctrl +L)
    - Added How To/Help for all tabs
    - Added button to launch "DM" (Desktop Manager)
    - Added Progress bar to File Swapper
    - Added link to help in each tab
    - Reorganized Help Menu

BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    01-17-11 08:38 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD