just go with your device to FileScout for BlackBerry� Download [File Manager for BlackBerry� Devices] and select "Update" - I hope that do the trick...
    thanks , u da man...that worked ! must be just mobihand
    08-14-10 10:19 PM
    ... But it would be nice if the normal update process worked as well...
    I just have "control" the in App Update process and my website - if MobiHand gave you trouble they have to solve this issue - and I am confident they will
    08-15-10 01:40 AM
    I just have "control" the in App Update process and my website - if MobiHand gave you trouble they have to solve this issue - and I am confident they will
    I got the same - go-to my account to upgrade from Mobihand. I did not follow through but went to your link. Maybe when you upgrade on mobi, they don't charge but I did not test that theory out.
    08-15-10 08:47 AM
    ... just as side node: FileScout is Today Deal-of-the-Day at Mobihand - might be interesting for one or the other FileScoutLite user...
    Last edited by emacf1; 08-20-10 at 06:05 AM.
    08-20-10 06:00 AM
    I can offer you one quick complaint though - and this is a little off topic - but I use FileScout like once every week or two. It often seems like every time I use it, I need to update!

Now, you can look at this two ways:

1) A very good, proactive developer, constantly fixing bugs and adding features.
    2) Updates are released too quickly, possibly without enough testing to find bugs, and therefor more updates are needed shortly thereafter to fix problems.

Now, I certainly don't know that #2 applies at all - I hardly even read the change log any more. I would guess that it's a lot of #1 and maybe a little of #2.

Just something to keep in mind - remember this is just my unbiased opinion of using the program - I find the updates to be excessive sometimes but I prefer that to never having updates!
    You are right with both issues - first of all what is happening once I made a new build it happen in the past quite a lot (let's say 75%) that the build needed a patch shortly afterwards.

You are right, that probably "bad" testing could be one explanation - I do a lot of testing and internal bug fixing - the beta testers "need" to update sometimes daily (or even more frequent) - another explanation would be that there are so many different OS version and devices out there that's almost impossible to test them all with all the different possibilities concerning the IT-Policy configurations.

Have in mind that FileScout is supporting all OS starting from 4.3 and I have only a limited amount of real devices - and as we see with the new Torch what ever the simulator does, it does not necessary mean that it will work on all real devices... So it might sounds like an lame excuse - but for me as single person it's impossible to test the new code in all conditions/devices - I have great support from the people who are doing the beta testing.

So once I am aware of a problem, I am trying to fix it as soon as possible (with the best hope that there will be not additional/other ones) - sometimes that work quite good - sometimes we see a x.x.1 followed by a x.x.2 and in the current case also a x.x.3 - the 2.0 release was such a nightmare.

At the end of the day I am enjoying the fact that I can develop my BlackBerry Projects "slightly" different then the projects I am developing in my job... BlackBerry app development is a hobby for me - Once I have a new idea for a new feature I am trying to implement it as soon as possible. In the past I already collected some new features and combined them in a new release - I think I am doing this since v1.5.x [since then the frequency of major updates have dropped].

But I can understand where your concerns are coming from... Sometimes I thinking myself, if it's smart to release updates so frequent.
    08-25-10 02:25 PM
    Thanks for the reply - I promise the constant updates are only a minor annoyance - and like I said, better than no updates at all.

I appreciate all your hard work!
    08-25-10 08:28 PM
    I am sorry - I did it again - v2.0.0.4 had to be released cause of OS6 issues (using larger device fonts could cause FileScout refusing to start)
    08-26-10 04:23 PM
    FileScout release 2.1
    GUI enhancements/polish

What's new?
    • Touch Devices: Ribbon Bar will now come with balloon tooltips :-)
    • Dialogs that require textual user input (like Search, Rename, etc...) will now all render the input fields with a border - This change should make it way more easier to identify in which area of the dialog you can specify additional values (like path configuration fields)
    • Image Manipulation: Resize Options have been realigned
    • FileScout Options now also integrated into the default BlackBerry Options
    • Default settings (for new users) have been adjusted (e.g. thumbnails will now be displayed by default)
    • FileScout can deal with BES-ProxyServers that require authentication
    • Rename & Create New File/Folder popup dialogs will now have a context menu to allow you to make use of select, copy & paste

What's fixed?
    • Ribbon Bar "Send To..." function will work with directories
    • Potential problem when using [ESC] key in the overwrite warning dialog fixed

The full changelog (with additional details & images) can be found at the emacberry.com FileScout Homepage

When you want to purchase already an FileScout Registration Code you can do this here in the MobiHand-Shop:
    Purchase FileScout - the complete file, text, zip, and image manager

Installation & Update
    Simply point your device to FileScout OTA update

or:

1. simply start FileScout
    2. open the Options
    3. select "Check for updates..."

The update from any previous Versions of FileScout to the new v2.1 is free

Matthias
    09-19-10 11:55 AM
    Nice improvements, thanks!
    09-19-10 01:03 PM
    FileScout release 2.1.1

What's new?
    • ZIP and UNZIP operations can be canceled - finally a long awaited feature have been implemented. Please note that canceling a UNZIP operation will not delete the files that have been completely unzipped already.
    • Files with the extension .JPEG can be opened with the build in image viewer and can be manipulated like any other image.

What's fixed?
    • Update check was running each time FileScout was launched [now the update check will be performed again only each 7 days (if enabled in the Options at all)]

The full changelog can be found at the emacberry.com FileScout Homepage

When you want to purchase already an FileScout Registration Code you can do this here in the MobiHand-Shop:

Installation & Update

or:

2. open the Options

The update from any previous Versions of FileScout to the new v2.1.1 is free

Matthias
    10-16-10 05:20 AM
    Thanks a lot for the update! Your work is certainly appreciated.

This is not a paid endorsement nor is it proof and/or evidence of fraud.
    10-16-10 07:21 AM
    This is a great must needed app. I just purchased the pro ver.
    10-16-10 12:22 PM
    FileScout release 2.2
    Screen capture capabilities & Playlist enhancements

What's new?
    • ScreenScout - Use FileScout to capture your BlackBerry Device display from anywhere.
      This new FileScout version will come with a integrated fully configurable screenshot application. FileScoutLite user can also make use of this new feature (the Lite Version will add some overlay to the screenshot). Of course you need to grant FileScout the permission (in the BlackBerry device application permission configuration) to capture the screen of the device.
      Additionally you need to specify in the FileScout Options 'Image & Screenshot Option' Section the target directrory for the Screenshots.
    • Creation of PlayLists more user friendly - show warning when no Playlist directory is configured - creating recursive Playlists can be canceled
    • Additional Key-ShortCut [SHIFT]+[L]: PlayList Recursive
    • The TextEditor allow you to use a own/different FontFamily (can be configured in the Options)
    • eMail Archive & Browse with FileScout MenuItems will now check if another instance of FileScout is already running in the background and if this is the case this background instance will be used.

What's fixed?
    • False warning 'Playlist Directory does not exist any longer' when actually no files have been selected is fixed.
    • OS6 seams to be not able to include Video files in a playlist - so on OS6 Videos will be excluded

The full changelog can be found at the emacberry.com FileScout Homepage (including details information about ScreenScout)

Installation & Update

or:

2. open the Options

The update from any previous Versions of FileScout to the new v2.2 is free

Matthias
    Last edited by emacf1; 11-13-10 at 10:57 AM.
    11-13-10 10:45 AM
    How do I get rid of the "you need to specify a screenshot directory in filescout options" message?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 10:52 AM
    How do I get rid of the "you need to specify a screenshot directory in filescout options" message?
    In the FileScout Option section 'Image and Screenshot options' you need to specify a directory...
    11-13-10 10:56 AM
    Yeah, I put name in the field (i.e. Pictures or Screenshots) and, the new message is "the specified screenshot directory 'screenshot' does not exist anymore."

11-13-10 11:11 AM
    Is this still donation based or a paid app now. Can't remember?

11-13-10 11:13 AM
    I got it! Thanks for all your help.

11-13-10 11:16 AM
    Is this still donation based or a paid app now. Can't remember?
    There is a free lite version and a premium paid version since last year... [if you have been one of the few that actually have donated then you should have automatically received a free Registration Code (around Feb/March 2010)]
    11-13-10 11:22 AM
    So, is the screenshot directory suppose to run in background now because, I'm unable to remove the icon from running apes tray.

11-13-10 11:48 AM
    no it does not - check the complete changelog - FileScout Changelog - a file manager Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher there you find also the information how to disable the ScreenScout background app (in order that the change takes effect a reboot is required)
    11-13-10 11:52 AM
    emacf1, when purchasing the app, is it a one time purchase for life? Even if I change phones? Since you're having a sale, the price looks appealing, but I don't want to pay for it every time I replace my phone. I understand registering the app is per PIN, but that's dependant on the phone. Phones don't normally last a year and a half with me
    11-15-10 04:26 PM
    emacf1, when purchasing the app, is it a one time purchase for life?
    You are able to take your RegCode with you when you are changing your device...
    11-16-10 01:04 AM
    Excellent, I'll purchase it now then.

11-16-10 12:27 PM
    Just wanted to give my opinion on the addition of a screenshot utility to FileScout.

I thought it was kind of annoying that after installing the latest FileScout, I had to then reboot again just to disable the always on screenshot app. I think perhaps it should come disabled?

Also, I was excited that I had a built in replacement for Capture It - until I tried it and realized it put a watermark for the lite version.

I'm sure the easy solution is to pay for FileScout but I don't really need it...especially for the screenshot functionality - considering the fact that Capture It is free and pretty much identical.

Again, just my two cents. Thanks for your efforts with this great app emacf1.
    11-29-10 04:11 PM
521 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD