04-08-13 07:26 AM
521 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Looks like we made a big step ahead today
    08-05-10 11:08 AM
    Sweet, I'm excited when can we expect a release?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 12:18 PM
    I am in the final testing phase... so it should not be that long...
    08-07-10 07:45 AM
    Would this app allow me to open up the properties of a media file and edit the artist name?
    08-07-10 08:53 AM
    it's coming with a text editor - but i guess you are looking for an mp3 tag editor? Such a thing is not included
    08-07-10 02:01 PM
    downloaded it and it locked up when accessing my 8gb card on my Tour. Did a battery pull and now the card cant be read on the device or my pc. Upon reboot it showed no card so, i pulled it out did a bat pull and went to options memory and it says there is no card inserted. I cant even reformat the dam thing cuz it doesn't show in the phone. Same thing when i remove the card and put in a card reader. Has rendered the card useless.
    08-08-10 01:37 AM
    Well with all respect - have you considered that it also could be an option, that the SDCard just have/had a defect?

When you can't access the card in a card reader at a PC/Mac then this IMHO indicates a serious hardware problem. There is no way, that an application accessing the SDCard via the Phone ApplicationProgrammingInterface can destroy hardware.
    08-08-10 02:18 AM
    FileScout release 2.0
    TouchScreen Enhancements, ZIP-Archive Browsing, Native MultiSelect & Bugfixes

What's new?
    • RibbonBar for TouchScreen Devices (incl. the new 9800'er Torch)
      Please see the new FileScout Ribbon Actions manual page for detailed explanation concerning the functionality of the different Ribbon buttons
    • MultiSelect TouchScreen Devices: Use two fingers to mark the start and the end of your selection - just like in any other application that support multiple select
      Please note, that if you like to select multiple files/directories that are not directly below each other you can make use of the new "Select" Ribbon button
    • MultiSelect Keyboard Devices: Simply hold down SHIFT while scrolling to select multiple files
    • ZIP Browsing: When you have marked a ZIP you can select, if you would like to extract the complete archive or if you would like browse the content of the ZIP.
      If you like to can also change the default behavior for ZIP files in the "File association" Options - select between Extract ZIP, Browse Content or Ask each Time.
    • New ZIP-Browsing Key ShortCuts (TouchScreen Devices will show a own ZIP-Browsing RibbonBar to offer identical functionality):
      [ENTER]: Open Directory/Subdirectory
      [ESC]: One Directory Up (this will close the ZIP when you are in the ZIP <root>)
      [SPACE]: Mark File/Directory
      [A]: Extract complete ZIP -> (A)ll
      [E]: (E)xtract the Section (or current marked Entry)
      [C]: (C)lose the ZIP
    • Small Menu tweak for OS6 (to keep the OS and FileSout MenuItems separated from each other)
    • When the 'File Rename Dialog' will be opened the filename is already selected

What's fixed?
    • Opening directories containing a lot of files should be way faster then before
    • Possible dead lock while browsing images fixed
    • A lot of small tweaks and some small menu name adjustments

The full changelog (with additional details & images) can be found at the emacberry.com FileScout Homepage

When you want to purchase already an FileScout Registration Code you can do this here in the MobiHand-Shop:
    Purchase FileScout - the complete file, text, zip, and image manager

Installation & Update
    Simply point your device to FileScout OTA update

or:

1. simply start FileScout
    2. open the Options
    3. select "Check for updates..."

The update from any previous Versions of FileScout to the new v2.0 is free

Matthias
    Last edited by emacf1; 08-09-10 at 01:31 AM.
    08-08-10 01:15 PM
    Very nice!
    08-08-10 01:23 PM
    Is it a free update for users who have purchased Filescout version 1.XX, or we have to pay for version 2.0 ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 06:54 PM
    Mine was free. Got the e-mail from the Crackberry store.
    08-08-10 07:36 PM
    I'd like to upgrade -- but I'd like to know, in advance, if I'll have to pay and if my registration code will not work with the new version. Would be nice to know that before overwriting the version currently installed. Also, if I have to pay, it would be nice to know up front whether there's an upgrade price that's different than a full new purchase price. Anyone have info to share on that? I'm running v1.8.6.0 right now...
    08-08-10 07:42 PM
    Installation & Update
    Simply point your device to FileScout OTA update

or:

1. simply start FileScout
    2. open the Options
    3. select "Check for updates..."

Matthias
    I tried doing the options> "check for updtaes" and it
    takes me to a web site and I get a message saying
    "Your FileScout for BlackBerry is up2date".
    I'm running version 1.8.6.0 of filescout.
    08-08-10 07:51 PM
    I tried doing the options> "check for updtaes" and it
    takes me to a web site and I get a message saying
    I'm running version 1.8.6.0 of filescout.
    Same experience here -- also running same version.
    08-08-10 07:56 PM
    Did the upgrade though the OTA link in emacf1 post #409.
    And the upgrade went with no problems.
    08-08-10 08:06 PM
    Did the upgrade though the OTA link in emacf1 post #409.
    And the upgrade went with no problems.

OK -- I took the plunge and also followed the link that Matthias provided. Upgraded with no problem, from 1.8.6.0 to 2.0. I rebooted, new version installed (verified that it's now 2.0), using same registration code from 1.8.6 install.

Thanks Matthias! Excellent program -- something RIM should have provided in the first place -- wouldn't be without it.
    08-08-10 08:24 PM
    Is it a free update for users who have purchased Filescout version 1.XX, or we have to pay for version 2.0 ?
    Just edited my initial post - yes it's free

I tried doing the options> "check for updtaes" and ittakes me to a web site and I get a message saying
    uuups - I hope that's solved now...
    08-09-10 01:35 AM

uuups - I hope that's solved now...
    I'll see on your next upgrade if it's solved or not.
    08-09-10 10:15 AM
    Thanks, great app!
    I just upgraded to 2.0.0.1 from 1.8.6.0
    Just a quck question. Seems like I cant see the stock sample content that comes with os 5 anymore since upgrading. Everything else is fine. Is this a new fix in this version, since that content cannot be deleted?
    08-11-10 05:08 PM
    uups - no actually there was no intention to "hide" anything in the new version - so you are running a 8330 with OS5? Could you please be so kind and have some additional details for me [which folder, which device, which OS Version etc...]. And a quick question: will the content be displayed, if you disable "sort" in the options ?!
    08-12-10 02:25 AM
    since the Sim just was made available... looks like Filescout will run also smooth like silk on the next 9670
    08-12-10 03:54 AM
    FileScout v2.0.0.3 fix released - On some devices the content of system/store could not be completely displayed
    08-14-10 02:02 PM
    FileScout v2.0.0.3 fix released - On some devices the content of system/store could not be completely displayed
    I just tried to download update, and it is giving a error, and prompting me to check for upgrade price ?? anybody else having this issue ? I have the 2.0 version before the release today 2.0.0.3
    08-14-10 02:14 PM
    I just tried to download update, and it is giving a error, and prompting me to check for upgrade price ?? anybody else having this issue ? I have the 2.0 version before the release today 2.0.0.3
    just go with your device to http://www.emacberry.com/ota/BBFileScout.jad and select "Update" - I hope that do the trick...
    Last edited by emacf1; 08-14-10 at 02:28 PM.
    08-14-10 02:26 PM
    just go with your device to FileScout for BlackBerry Download [File Manager for BlackBerry Devices] and select "Update" - I hope that do the trick...
    Thanks -- I just went through the same problems, attempting to upgrade first via the mobihand app on the Blackberry (8900) and then on the website - no joy either way. However the direct link to the jad file works fine.

BTW: I had to do this to get the 2.0.0.0 update as well.

Is this a known issue with the website upgrade process? Great to have your quick response on the Crackberry with the direct link -- thanks. But it would be nice if the normal update process worked as well...
    08-14-10 04:10 PM
521 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD