To narrow down a little bit the cause of this issue can you please:

1) go to "File association options"
    2) Enable the "Open HTML with BlackBerry default Browsers"
    3) You need ANY html file that is stored on the SDcard
    (if you do not have a html file on your SDCard - please be so kind and store one or two on the card - e.g. by using the DesktopManager)

So then go in FileScout to the folder in which the html files are located and open it -> will now the BlackBerry browser be opened (or will now also the context menu appear) ? What happens, if you disable the "Open HTML with BlackBerry default Browsers" again ?
    Ok this is what I did.
    1. I enabled the "open HTML with Blackberry Default Browser"
    2. I went to my pc and saved the page I was viewing I then put that file on my SD card.
    3. I went into FileScout and found the file and clicked on it. (It did not say .html it was .htm I'm not sure if that matters)
    4. It opened blackberry browser to the page like I think it should.
    5. If I uncheck "open HTML with Blackberry Default Browser"
    6. Click on the file again and it opens but not in the browser and its all in one column.

Just to clear up what I am experencing with FileScout and 5.0
    1. When I open FileScout I am in Dir: '/' It shows SDCard and store as DIR I can enter. The SDCard seems to be working just fine.
    2. When I click store it takes me to Dir: 'store/' the files I can open are as follows

appdata
    rim

bda
    icons
    "GBISXNACO2..."
    1-80-80.png
    applications
    "empty"
    dev
    "empty"
    home
    user
    "all my folders i expect audiobooks, documents, music..."
    samples
    contacts, mms, pictures, ringtones
    "They all contain png or m4a's, or mp3 files"
    system
    accessibility

"6 m4a notifier sound files"
    fonts

"empty"
    samples

"empty"
    tmp
    medialoader.ml

I hope that makes sense and helps you figure out what is going on. If you have any questions or need me to try something let me know.
    Last edited by servanthands; 10-11-09 at 08:16 AM.
    10-11-09 08:12 AM
    Ok this is what I did.
    1. I enabled the "open HTML with Blackberry Default Browser"
    2. I went to my pc and saved the page I was viewing I then put that file on my SD card.
    3. I went into FileScout and found the file and clicked on it. (It did not say .html it was .htm I'm not sure if that matters)
    4. It opened blackberry browser to the page like I think it should.
    thank you very much for this test - the result is not what I liked to hear - but it's a result...

So it's not a problem to open the browser from FileScout - this OS5.x drives me crazy I have no clue what is happening in the OS5.x -> it might be required to compile the code with the 5.x compiler... The Problem is, when I do this, that then the app does not work on other OS... Might be it's worth a try to build a OS5.x "only" Version...

1. When I open FileScout I am in Dir: '/' It shows SDCard and store as DIR I can enter. The SDCard seems to be working just fine.
    2. When I click store it takes me to Dir: 'store/' the files I can open are as follows

appdata
    rim

bda
    tmp
    medialoader.ml

I hope that makes sense and helps you figure out what is going on. If you have any questions or need me to try something let me know.
    Thanks for the info - your store looks more or less fine to me...

Something that you might like to try (cheating access to the System samples) is: Open the General Options and enter manually a "Startup Path":
    system/samples/ - this is really just a try to see, if we can cheat the OS5.x
    10-11-09 11:09 AM
    -> I would kindly ask all OS5.x users who are interessted in supporting me with the further development of FileScout for OS5.x to report their feedback here:

FileScout: OS5.x findings & solutions

I will also post there OTA installation links for special FileScout OS5.x builds.

I want to keep this general FileScout thread clear... I hope you like to support me with the further development of FileScout for OS5.x
    Last edited by emacf1; 10-11-09 at 01:21 PM.
    10-11-09 01:07 PM
    just as small update for the OS5.x users - the problem with the none working "Check for updated..." Option seams to be a problem in the OS5.0.0.230 itself - a internal method is causing a Exception for what ever reason - I have reported the problem to RIM and we will see, if they respond and if there eventually will be a fix in the next OS5.x - till then the "only" chance to keep yourself updates is by visiting frequently the FileScout site
    10-13-09 01:04 PM
    just as small update for the OS5.x users - the problem with the none working "Check for updated..." Option seams to be a problem in the OS5.0.0.230 itself - a internal method is causing a Exception for what ever reason - I have reported the problem to RIM and we will see, if they respond and if there eventually will be a fix in the next OS5.x - till then the "only" chance to keep yourself updates is by visiting frequently the FileScout site

Is there a new File Scout version for 5.x users?
    10-13-09 01:39 PM
    10-13-09 01:47 PM
    Great. I'll check it out.
    10-13-09 02:18 PM
    I want to delete some of the preloaded ring tone but It won't let me and it say something about "null" can someone help me? I have the version 1.3.0.2m

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by noized77; 10-21-09 at 01:16 PM.
    10-21-09 01:06 PM
    I want to delete some of the preloaded ring tone but It won't let me and it say something about "null" can someone help me? I have the version 1.3.0.2m

Which OS? If it's 5, you're SOL. Read the last page or so worth of posts in this thread for an explanation of why.

10-21-09 01:18 PM
    so there is no

'store/samples/pictures/'
    or
    'store/samples/ringtones/'
    or
    'system/samples/pictures/'
    or
    'system/samples/ringtones/'

folder?
    10-21-09 01:19 PM
    I'm on 4.7.1.57.

I saw all of the folders in the samples directory,but I just can't delete the files in them.

There's no file at all in the system dir, but there's in the sample dir, just can't delete the files. It said something about "null".
    Last edited by noized77; 10-21-09 at 03:24 PM.
    10-21-09 03:19 PM
    so well - please take the time and read the information given at the FileScout HP what could be the reasons, why a file could not be deleted...
    10-22-09 08:11 AM
    FileScout release of 1.4.0.0
    Even if the changelog for v1.4.0.0 does not list plenty of new features - "under the hood" there have been a lot of changes in order to make FileScout even more stable and memory efficient.

What's new?
    • New Simple TextViewer/Editor Option: Select how files will be saved. Either in 'UNIX Format (CR)' (default) or in'Windows Format (CRLF)'. By default BlackBerry is storing files in the UNIX Format - which makes editing afterwards e.g. with Windows Notepad a bit difficult.
    • Storm 2 (9520/9550) will be treated as the Storm 9500/9530 devices (but still no touch screen support yet)
    • Added a MenuItem for the "Go to Directory" [SHIFT]+[G] function
    • Various performance and memory issue improvements

What's fixed?
    • Sometimes FileScout was instantly started again after it was closed by the user (e.g. when during the FileScout session some media files had been opened) - this issue should be solved with this build.
    • OS 5.x ONLY: Endless loop for system folder fixed - Unfortunately in Beta OS 5.x (Storm & Bold) it's not possible anymore to access the system folder via the file system API - it looks like RIM have restriced the access to this folder. With this Version FileScout will display an error message when the API does not return any content for a folder. This also means that FileScout can't be used to delete pre-installed files located in the subfolders of 'system' for Storm and Bold devices that have installed the OS 5.x. (Beta)
    • Additional small tweaks for OS5.x Users

Please be so kind and next time when you have problems with a new OS/release and FileScout then send me instantly a PM or eMail... TIA

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the FileScout Homepage

Matthias
    10-31-09 05:24 AM
    FileScout release of 1.4.1.0 uuuups
    Sorry a small fix for the latest release of FileScout is required

What's fixed?
    • The new Simple TextViewer/Editor Option: Select how files will be saved. Either in 'UNIX Format (CR)' (default) or in'Windows Format (CRLF)' is now visible in the Simple TextViewer/Editor Option

Installation & Update

Matthias
    Last edited by emacf1; 11-02-09 at 03:59 AM.
    11-02-09 03:55 AM
    thx matthias, your app is the most usefull appp on blackberry and you keep it up to date
    11-02-09 11:29 AM
    thx matthias, your app is the most usefull appp on blackberry and you keep it up to date
    It's getting quite difficult these days... since the new OS5.x comes with some new restrictions that does not allow FileScout to make use of all features (easy way to deleting preinstalled stuff)...
    11-02-09 11:38 AM
    I so messed up! I overwrote 1.4 over top of 1.3 and now received the dreaded "Reload Software: 552" error message. Can't I just go into AppLoader and remove FileScout altogether and start fresh? I did not read the fine print about uninstalling the previous version first, rebooting and then installing the newest version. Thx!
    11-02-09 12:54 PM
    I so messed up! I overwrote 1.4 over top of 1.3 and now received the dreaded "Reload Software: 552" error message. Can't I just go into AppLoader and remove FileScout altogether and start fresh? I did not read the fine print about uninstalling the previous version first, rebooting and then installing the newest version. Thx!
    �gypten? sorry I do not understand...
    11-02-09 01:21 PM
    I removed the app with AppLoader and all is well now.

11-02-09 05:14 PM
    I am getting message saying system folder not readable on this device. Storm 9530 running the official 5.0 Anybody know about this? Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post.
    11-12-09 11:45 AM
    I am getting message saying system folder not readable on this device. Storm 9530 running the official 5.0 Anybody know about this? Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post.
    Actually cause of a bug in OS5.0 you are currently getting this message on Bold & Storm - hopefully RIM will fix that problem in one of the next builds.
    11-12-09 05:52 PM
    FileScout release of 1.5.0.0
    After the DevelopersConference in San Francisco some new feature have been implemented - thanks a lot for all the valuable feedback I have received during the conference!

What's new?
    • Display of thumbnails in search result (if thumbnail display is enabled and images are in the 'FileScout Image Cache')
    • Thumbnail-Options: New Button to generate all all thumbnails for all images on your device (incl. the SDCard) - this operation can take a while till it's completed - please be patient!
    • When resizing images to device resolution size you can now select to keep the aspect ratio of the original image. If this option is selected, then FileScout will cut (left & right or top & bottom) of the image so that it will fit to your device screen resolution.
    • UserDefined resolution (image resizing) can be now be max 9999 pixel [but it's recommended not use more then 1200px]
    • Support for DesktopManager Backup & Restore (FileScout settings)
    • A '[W]' in the Screen Title indicating that the background threads (required for Search and other extended features) are still running (after FileScout is started) - once the threads are completed the '[W]' will disappear.
    • Integration in the RIMs FileExplorer Application: a 'Explore with FileScout' MenuItem is added

What's fixed?
    • Search files in the current Directory only function fixed to be usable multiple times
    • Potential OutOfMemeory Error during start of FileScout (when the thumbnail store is getting too large)
    • Accessing OS5 System Folder for Bold, Bold2, Storm and Storm2 (tested with OS 5.0.0.306+)

For all of you who are waiting to get a "fix" for the System folder on the Bold, Bold2, Storm and Strom2 on OS5
    • RIM confirmed that they made the System folder in OS5.x read only
    • FileScout (and all other 3'rd party applications) can only show the content of the System folder but can't modify anything

Installation & Update

Matthias
    11-17-09 10:04 AM
    "Integration in the RIMs FileExplorer Application: a 'Explore with FileScout' MenuItem is added" can't seem to find this mathias
    11-17-09 01:45 PM
    1a) In OS5.x open the File Application
    or
    1b) In OS4.x open the Media App and select Explore from Menu

2) then open browse the Device with this FileManager and then press the #Menu button

[before that will work a reboot after the installation of FileScout is required]
    11-17-09 01:51 PM
    found it thanx.
    11-17-09 02:56 PM
521 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD