Sorry that it took me so long to reply...

Ok, I tried waiting even 3-4 minutes with receiving candidate "visible" but nothing.
    this is for sure patient enough - actually here after 10-20sec's the list is completely populated...

After using this function it looks like my storm tries to connect to every device (cached in bt blackberry options and the first available available but not cached) an and it cycles continuously giving a lot of "unable to connect to XXXXX" popups where XXXXX is the name of a cached device...
    well - when the code finds other devices - but is not able to connect to them - then there is no way of BBFileScout to add this device (to which it can't connect) to the possible recipient list...

Of course it's just a wild guess, but how the other devices are configured - do they always need confirmation via a passcode?

It doesnt show me a list but pretend to connect to the first bt device in range... that unfortunately is not the one I need.
    I am bit confused here on the one hand side you say BBFileScout gives you multiple messages: "unable to connect to XXXXX" and on the other hand you say "but pretend to connect to the first bt device in range"... I apologize but I don't understand this - could you please be so kind and describe it again with different words?

When the storm is fresh from a battery pull and I activate BT all works ok...
    you mean the "normal" BT functionality ? - correct?

after using BBFilescout function I have to de-activate bt to stop the popups!

It seems like BBFileScout changes something on bluetooth standard behaviour.... but I'm not sure
    BBFileScout trying to find devices in range with OBEX support - I am not aware that this code would change anything in the configurations/settings... but it could be, that the Thread that is started to find the devices will run for quite a while [and causing conflicts with other processed that try to access the BT hardware of the device]. Normally I would expect, that by ending BBFileScout the running BBFS-BT-Detection should be terminated also...

At beginning I thought that BT functions were not complete... but now that you released 1.0 I thought that this could be a real problem...
    I implemented the BT-send functionality for my friend Susu - and we spend a evening night (coding) to get that working on his device and at the end of the day it worked fine - on my Storm and on his 8800'er device - since that day the code was not touched... and even now I can send a file via BT with BBFileScout to my WindowsMobile Phone...

Matthias
    06-25-09 01:33 AM
    Confused. If its not a paid app.. how do we use it?
    06-25-09 02:23 PM
    Confused. If its not a paid app.. how do we use it?
    BBFileScout is offered on a 'pay-what-you-want' base (Donationware) - This means that the software that you can download (OTA) is fully functional. It comes without any functional restrictions or evil things like a nag-screen.

If you are going to use this application (after you find it personally useful) then please be so fair and send me a donation - what ever you think the application is worth and of course what ever you can (or will) afford to pay. [The paypal donation buttons are at the BBFileScout homepage]
    06-25-09 02:28 PM
    FileScout and GPSLogger are both very useful apps. I like the donationware approach, and I am now a proud donor.

Matthias has put a lot of effort into these apps, and continues to be active, providing support, enhancements, and improvements. These apps are worth paying for. I encourage all who use BBFileScout, or GPSLogger to donate. Sure you can use them for free no issues whatever, but they have high value. Look at what a BB voice/data plan costs you each month. If you can afford that, surely you can contribute something to help support this good work. Do the right thing, it will make you feel good.
    06-26-09 02:27 PM
    BBFileScout minor update to v1.0.1

What's fixed?
    • Some system/store directories did not showed any files, when sorting was enabled in the options [this is fixed now]
    • Better handling when images could not be read (only a info will be shown for 2sec)
    • Options: 'Use the BB default eMail composer' will be saved & restored correctly

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout.

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB. (BBFileScout is out for a while now I did not heard any negative reports so far)

Matthias
    06-27-09 04:13 AM
    Hi Emacf,

Thanks for the great app - just downloaded on my Storm 9530.
    Great functionality, but only 1 issue:

Trying to delete video files (that I took with the camera myself) it gives the error:
    "No Write-Access to file '(filename.3gp)'

I highlighted the file, and typed "I" to see file info. There are no restrictions on it at all, not locked in any way.
    Am I missing something? It's happening with multiple video files, but there are a few it did let me delete.
    It's not a built-in or preloaded video, I took them with the phone's video camera.

Any insight?
    06-30-09 01:26 PM
    ...but only 1 issue:

Trying to delete video files (that I took with the camera myself) it gives the error: "No Write-Access to file '(filename.3gp)'

I highlighted the file, and typed "I" to see file info. There are no restrictions on it at all, not locked in any way. Am I missing something?
    Any insight?
    Oh - that's indeed strange - could you please try the following: Turn OFF the phone - and then try it again... When it then works I can explain you the root cause - if after a reboot the files are still "undeletable" I am more or less clueless.
    07-01-09 01:39 AM
    Thank you....that did the trick!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 08:08 AM
    Thank you....that did the trick!
    *big sigh* - well then the only explanation is, that the video recording application does not close the file handle on the recorded files - this means that there is still an app running with a hand on the file - that's why BBFileScout show you that error message. [Same as in windows when you have opened a file with an application and try to delete the file in the Explorer]

Matthias
    07-01-09 03:09 PM
    *big sigh* - well then the only explanation is, that the video recording application does not close the file handle on the recorded files - this means that there is still an app running with a hand on the file - that's why BBFileScout show you that error message. [Same as in windows when you have opened a file with an application and try to delete the file in the Explorer]

Matthias

Thank you, that makes sense.
    One last question for you. I installed a Theme a while ago (which I hated and immediately changed back). It's not listed on my "applications build" list.
    Do you know where this file would be stored, if I could delete using BBFileScout?

Thank you.
    07-01-09 03:12 PM
    One last question for you. I installed a Theme a while ago (which I hated and immediately changed back). It's not listed on my "applications build" list.
    Do you know where this file would be stored, if I could delete using BBFileScout?
    No this is not possible to delete with BBFileScout - but you can search here in the forum for an application called CrackUtil - with that you can remove any previously installed COD files [File Manipulation TAB]
    07-01-09 04:10 PM
    BBFileScout release of v1.1

What's new?
    • New Function: Resize Images -- Over the past couple of years, the file size of photos has increased rapidly due to the "Megapixel War". This can make sending image files from your BlackBerry� device quite expensive (for metered data plans) and time consuming.

BBFileScout v1.1 now allows you to resize images to a user selected resolution -- this will save you time, money, & also saves device or microSD memory! In a completely new 'Image Option' section, this new functionality can be user configured as follows:
      1. Select the target resolution [1200px, 1024px, 800px, 640px, device resolution]
      2. Select if the source file should be deleted after the resize image is created
      3. Select PNG or JPG output
        and
      4. If JPG is selected, also choose the JPEG-quality

• New Option: Show favorites at startup [General Options]
    • URL's in BBFileScout about dialog will open the browser and bring you instantly to the website

What's fixed?
    • Option font size setting will also effect file & directory details dialog
    • File & directory details dialog can be closed by pressing ESC
    • Fix for 'Uncaught exception - ApplicationRegistry.waitFor'

Installation & Update

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout.

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB. (BBFileScout is out for a while now I did not heard any negative reports so far)

Matthias
    07-06-09 01:42 AM
    BBFileScout release of v1.1.2

What's new?
    • New function: Rotate Images (90�, 180�, -90�) (might require image resizing first)
    • New choice in the 'Image operation Options': Image Size: 'ask each time' - allows you to select the resulting image size each time when you perform an image resize operation

What's fixed?
    • Image Size 'Device Resolution' will adjust the aspect ratio of the image in order to fit the display aspect ratio [this is important when the BlackBerry� device resolution aspect ratio differs from the camera aspect ratio (typically 4:3 these days)].
    • Fallback to JPG when PNG is selected as image format but could not be created
    • Fix for 'Uncaught exceptions' during image resizing

Installation & Update

Matthias
    07-11-09 09:31 AM
    Can I use BBFileScout to open a mht file using the Browser? TIA
    07-27-09 08:57 PM
    Can I use BBFileScout to open a mht file using the Browser? TIA
    I don't think, that MHT is a supported format by the BB-Browser... BBFileScout will "just" redirect the open call to the OS (same as you know from Explorer or Finder) - when there is no app, that supports the FileFormat it can be tried to register it with an app via BBFileScout - but it's still required, that the App you register is supporting the Format - BBFileScout "only" have a build in plain text and zip handler.

Matthias
    07-27-09 11:57 PM
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering too if BBFileScout could set a hidden attribute on a folder.
    07-28-09 12:24 AM
    yes it can...
    07-28-09 12:54 AM
    The only problem I'm having is on the bold it let's me delete wallpapers ringtones ect but on my 8900 it won't let me do it at all....can somebody plz help.

07-28-09 03:39 AM
    can i pull ringtones using this, so then i can use shrink and get rid of all the ones i dont want?
    08-01-09 04:26 AM
    can i pull ringtones using this, so then i can use shrink and get rid of all the ones i dont want?
    It#s really device & OS dependant - In general I would like to say: "Yes you can" - but some devices (of specific vendors) have flagged some files as "build in" - if this is the case there is no way to delete them with BBFileScout...

The only problem I'm having is on the bold it let's me delete wallpapers ringtones ect but on my 8900 it won't let me do it at all....can somebody plz help.
    see my reply above to Keith - it's really the same matter...

There are even some devices where you can delete the files, but after a reboot they reappearing... only RIM knows why the different OS on the different devices can behave that different.

Matthias
    08-01-09 06:29 AM
    Any confirmation this beast works on the tour?
    08-01-09 08:02 AM
    Any confirmation this beast works on the tour?
    I had positive feedback from 4 different tour users... that's why I included it in my list of supported devices...
    08-01-09 08:45 AM
    Didn't see the 9630 on the first post where you listed devices or on your website...must have missed the supported devices list somewhere else..all good.. Thanks for the heads up. Just dled it and checked out most of the features..all appear to be working perfectly on the tour.

08-01-09 08:56 AM
    Where can the default wallpapers on the Storm be found using BBFILESCOUT? I'm attempting to delete the 5MB of default wallpapers that are there in the 'Samples'. Along with the sample video

Can someone walk me through?
    08-01-09 02:09 PM
    Where can the default wallpapers on the Storm be found using BBFILESCOUT? I'm attempting to delete the 5MB of default wallpapers that are there in the 'Samples'.
    check 'system/samples/pictures' - 'system/samples/videos'
    08-01-09 02:16 PM
521 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD