for sure you should not try to use the custom file extension registration for PDF files with beamreader/pdf2go...

So just make sure, that there is no file association [press the "delete association" button for your extension]...

But as I understand you, that does not change the situation - your phone hangs up (and can be only recovered with a battery pull - which is odd)...

I do not have a 8900'er device here - nor Beamreader - so it's pretty though to "debug" this :-|
    05-17-09 04:33 PM
    I have a storm and removed my sample wallpaper which is about 5mb...the thing is after i delete each individual wallpaper after many bat pulls, I notice no difference in my memory ....
    05-21-09 11:21 PM
    BBFileScout update to 0.6.9
    What's new?
    * Hide and unhide files and directories via the File/Directory information popup
    * Option 'Show filenames in Menus' - enables/disables the display of current selected file in the #Menu (default on)

What's fixed?
    * Fixed internal NullPointerException [when updating root]
    * Options: it's now possible the remove a previously specified playlist directory (in order to disable the complete playlist functionality of BBFileScout)

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout.

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
    05-22-09 08:22 AM
    Thanks for the app. cant wait to download it when i get my new bb curve!!
    05-25-09 10:33 AM
    * Hide and unhide files and directories via the File/Directory information popup
    Awesome! Now if only we could toggle encryption as well! Fantastic work, as usual, Matthias!
    05-26-09 03:43 AM
    Awesome! Now if only we could toggle encryption as well!
    Therefore I would have to understand how to de & encrypt files on a BB device...
    05-26-09 04:36 AM
    I tried simply adding .rem to the filename, and it had some of the effect of encrypting the files... It made them impossible to delete, but I could still rename or copy over them. taking the .rem off didn't decrypt them.

I finally had to copy over them with one named the same thing but without the .rem to get rid of th files I was experimenting with. I suppose encryptin isn't really what I'm after so much as the ability to protect a file the way RIM does... in much the same way that you can't remove the sample pics without BBFileScout, I'd like to be able to make it impossible for Yahoo! push mail to overwrite the icon I created to replace the one they send down with the service books.

If I learn anything about BB file encryption/decryption, I'll be sure to pass the info along! At any rate, thanks again for your efforts.
    05-26-09 04:56 AM
    The unzip feature works great.. Is there anyway to set it up similar to winrar so that you can unRAR files and unZIP files as well, or will it only work with .zip extension?

Love the app btw.
    05-26-09 05:05 PM
    How do I move my Ringtones over to my media card?
    05-26-09 07:12 PM
    The unzip feature works great.. Is there anyway to set it up similar to winrar so that you can unRAR files and unZIP files as well, or will it only work with .zip extension?
    "only" ZIP support so far - I am sorry...
    05-27-09 01:08 AM
    How do I move my Ringtones over to my media card?
    how to move files: see BBFileScout User Manual [Overview] - Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher
    05-27-09 01:09 AM
    +1 for this app. excellent job...def. worth a donation!
    06-01-09 09:40 PM
    When deleting ringtones w/ BBfilescout how do I get them to not be reloaded????
    I dont have a problem w/ my wallpapers showing back up beacuse I shrunk, but sometimes the ringtone files I delete 'magiclly' reappear
    06-11-09 03:37 PM
    As it's said on the BBFileScout HP...

Some parts/files in the '/system' and '/store' folders might reappear after a battery pull - The device seams to auto restore some of the files.

I assume they will be restored from the OS COD's... looks like there is nothing that could be done about this... sorry

Matthias
    06-11-09 04:18 PM
    ZIP is enough for the moment. It's way better than nothing, right?
    06-18-09 01:43 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.7

What's new?
    * Option to specify the maximal size of files that can be opened with the internal BBFileScout text viewer/editor (make your choice depending on the performance of your BlackBerry� device) - In the past the editor had a limit of 250 KiB.

What's fixed?
    * Options: it's now possible the remove a previously specified thumbnail-store directory (in order to disable the complete thumbnail persistence)
    * Options: it's now possible the remove a previously specified startup directory

Please note, that I have moved all the content to a new domain: http://www.emacberry.com [bb.emacf1.com does not exist any longer]

Installation & Update

When you update your previous BBFileScout you might get an Information when updating to the new Version [a module with the same name (BBFileScout) already exist] - simply continue by pressing "OK".

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout.

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
    06-18-09 01:33 PM
    We appreciated your good work. You always improve this app to be beter and better. It's now in the list of top applications of many users :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 01:27 AM
    BBFileScout release of v1.0

Over the past several months, I have considered significant user feedback as I added all of the essential features in order to make BBFileScout the premier BlackBerry� file system manager. It is with these latest enhancements to the user interface for the Options that I proudly release BBFileScout version 1.0 to the BlackBerry� community. Hopefully, the reviewers and the community at large will agree.]

What's new?
    • Options reorganized - on BlackBerry� devices it's quite common to separate the application options into various screens - this makes the options way more organized and easier to understand.
      See also the updated BBFileScout options documentation.
    • Path entry fields (Startup Path, Thumbnail Storage & Playlist Directory) show now an additional button that allows you to browse in the file system to make an appropriate selection (in the past this was only possible via the menu)

Please note, that I have moved all the content to a new domain: http://www.emacberry.com [bb.emacf1.com does not exist any longer]

Installation & Update

When you update your previous BBFileScout you might get an Information when updating to the new Version [a module with the same name (BBFileScout) already exist] - simply continue by pressing "OK".

Matthias
    06-21-09 01:12 PM
    Downloaded ... well done and thanks for the great efforts.
    06-21-09 01:58 PM
    Best FREE app ever!!!
    06-21-09 03:41 PM
    Best FREE app ever!!!
    ... please note, that BBFileScout is not free - since 0.3x it is Donationware -> please be so kind an read BBFileScout License/Price Information - a file manager Software for BlackBerry® Devices with OS 4.3 or higher
    06-21-09 03:45 PM
    Using BB 9500 storm I cannot use bt function through BBFileScout: every time I try to send files the devices list appears always *EMPTY*

Using standard explorer from multimedia application the process works great... but BBFileScout not...

Could you check this issue please?
    Thanx
    Umberto
    06-23-09 03:23 AM
    Quick question: how long do you wait till you close again this BT-Send dialog? have in mind, that it take a while till a potential receiving candidate will be listed (since the BBFileScout is really try to find devices and does not use any previously cached instances)...
    06-23-09 06:25 AM
    Quick question: how long do you wait till you close again this BT-Send dialog? have in mind, that it take a while till a potential receiving candidate will be listed (since the BBFileScout is really try to find devices and does not use any previously cached instances)...
    Ok, I tried waiting even 3-4 minutes with receiving candidate "visible" but nothing.
    After using this function it looks like my storm tries to connect to every device (cached in bt blackberry options and the first available available but not cached) an and it cycles continuously giving a lot of "unable to connect to XXXXX" popups where XXXXX is the name of a cached device...
    It doesnt show me a list but pretend to connect to the first bt device in range... that unfortunately is not the one I need.

When the storm is fresh from a battery pull and I activate BT all works ok... after using BBFilescout function I have to de-activate bt to stop the popups!

It seems like BBFileScout changes something on bluetooth standard behaviour.... but I'm not sure

The same thing happened even with .141 official Vodafone OS and at least your last 3 versions of BBFilescout.
    At beginning I thought that BT functions were not complete... but now that you released 1.0 I thought that this could be a real problem...

Thanks
    Umberto
    Last edited by umberto.sulla; 06-23-09 at 09:49 AM.
    06-23-09 08:54 AM
    You made the front page Matthias!

http://crackberry.com/bbfilescout-1-0-released

Congratulations and thanks again for all your hard work. I am proud to call myself a supporter, and your software is an absolute must-have on my BB. It does the things I was shocked to find that RIM didn't facilitate with the OS out-of-the-box. Perhaps the best investment I've made in terms of software for my Bold!
    06-24-09 02:08 AM
521 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD