Yeah I don't think the last issue is all that important either. The copy to stack rollback a bit more so.
    04-24-09 11:43 PM
    Yeah I don't think the last issue is all that important either. The copy to stack rollback a bit more so.
    ... ok just as clearification:

a)
    the virtual-clipboard content get only cleared at a move operation [and the motivation to clear the content of the stack was/is: when everything was working correctly then, the source does not exist (cause it was moved)]... but 'yes' I admit, that in the case when the move could not be performed it would be nice, if the clipboard content could be kept...

Actually it's "fixed" already - at least I think so

b)
    I found a simple way to include a fix for the "same name but different content" thumbnails as well

so at the bottom line it's always good to "push" the developer hard - don't get offended if I will answer you with lame excuses

Matthias
    04-25-09 03:02 AM
    I answer people with lame excuses on BlockBerry anyways =P.

"I don't see a use for this. You don't need that"
    04-25-09 03:08 AM
    Thanks - that did the trick! Strange that it happened with this update. I've been installing every update since inception and this is the first time I've had a problem.
    I think the reason for your problem was/is the browser cache... all the past versions of BBFileScout consists of 3 cod parts (OTA install) the new 0.6.6 is the first one that have four cod parts... I assume you device used the cached JAD (pointing to only 3 of the 4 cods) but the device actually downloaded the 3 new cod files and (cause of the cached JAD) did not installed the last part...

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Matthias
    04-25-09 03:08 AM
    One aesthetic suggestion:

Maybe a progress bar or even just a simple popup while a large file move or copy is in progress. Otherwise it just looks like the app isn't responding for a while.
    04-26-09 03:31 AM
    I am using BBFS v0.6.6. I installed it yesterday. I started by deleting Samples (Contact *.png files and Pictures such as BMW_1Series_01.png). After I delete them, they do not appear in the BBFS explorer and they no longer appear in the media player. However, after a battery pull, they all reappear again. I repeated this process 3x to make sure, but it happens every time. Any suggestions?
    05-01-09 08:06 AM
    Those files probably regenrate due to being linked to installed modules. If you use crackmem to remove sample pics before installing the os then they'll be gone (or you can us crackutil to remove from the phone directly, but you need to know which modules)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 10:52 AM
    I am using BBFS v0.6.6. I installed it yesterday. I started by deleting Samples (Contact *.png files and Pictures such as BMW_1Series_01.png). After I delete them, they do not appear in the BBFS explorer and they no longer appear in the media player. However, after a battery pull, they all reappear again. I repeated this process 3x to make sure, but it happens every time. Any suggestions?
    This is a known issue - IMHO not related to BBFileScout... it's more or less some "auto" restoring at some devices...

From the BBFileScout Hompage [at the bottom]
    Additional Notes
    [...]
    * Some parts/files in the '/system' and '/store' folders might reappear after a battery pull - The device seams to auto restore some of the files.

Matthias
    05-01-09 02:07 PM
    BBFileScout update to 0.6.7

What's new?
    * Specify the sort order:
    by file name
    by file size
    by modification date
    * Send content of plain text files (xml, ini, txt etc.) as SMS
    * Copy & Move of large files (>500KiB) will show a progress bar

What's fixed?
    * function of Shortcut 'L' (create playlist) when no PlayList Directory is defined

more details @ the BBFileScout Changelog

For details about the new functionality read the "BBFileScout Option" Manual

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout.

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
    05-10-09 06:02 AM
    wow, nice updates, can't wait to try it out.
    05-10-09 07:06 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.6.8

What's new?
    * Additional sort option 'by Type' (by file extension)
    * Sort order will be indicated in the file list
    * Sort type can be changed via key short cut
    * Sort order can be reversed via key short cut

What's fixed?
    * Search will show again filenames & icons (was broken in 0.6.7)
    * Fixed NullPointerException when opening an empty (0 byte) file in the BBFileScout Text Editor
    * Possible internal exception handling improved (still long way to go)

more details @ the BBFileScout Changelog

For details about the new functionality read the "BBFileScout Option" Manual

Installation & Update

Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout.

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
    05-12-09 02:51 PM
    I'm adding things to the stack and trying to move them, and it seems like it moves it, but then I get a null pointer exception and the app closes.

For example, I tried to move a large file (5 megs), it popped up the progress bar (which is very nice btw) and it moved the file, then I got a null pointer exception.

Then I tried to move just 1 single file, a small picture, it moved that, but got a null pointer exception.

Then I tried to move 10 pictures, I got a null pointer exception after the 1st picture, so it only moved 1, left the other 9 at the original location.

Any suggestions here? All options are at their "default" setting except I have it set to force the bb media content handlers.

I was attempting to move these item from my blackberry internal memory to an SD card.

Thanks
    Last edited by dlomneck; 05-15-09 at 08:52 AM.
    05-15-09 08:47 AM
    1)
    can you "copy" the files without a problem?

2)
    what does the file detail dialog reports/display for such a file [the last 4 points in the dialog], that cause the NULL-Pointer when beeing moved?
    05-15-09 09:01 AM
    1) Yes, copy works

2)
    is Hidden: False
    is BuiltIn: False
    is DRMLocked: false
    is Encrypted: false

I've tried with pictures, videos, and audio files.
    05-15-09 09:23 AM
    thanks for your prompt reply - I had a tough day today - I hope its fine, that I will look into this issue (debugging) tomorrow...
    05-15-09 03:07 PM
    I apreciate your efforts. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 08:51 PM
    BBFileScout update to 0.6.8.1 *hotfix*

What's fixed?
    * Fixed NullPointerException when moving files
    * File listing gets reloaded automatically when you toggle the option "show hidden files"

Installation & Update

Matthias

PS: 100% free 100% offline GPSLogger is back online...
    Last edited by emacf1; 05-16-09 at 03:12 AM.
    05-16-09 02:54 AM
    hello got a question when i open bbfs and go to sdcard and my pictures when i select a pic to open bbfs flashes open then close back to the thumbnail then it opens (very quickly) , is this the way it is to work ? only noticed this since 6.8 on
    8900 v4.6
    thanks
    05-16-09 06:31 PM
    ...when i select a pic to open bbfs flashes open then close back to the thumbnail then it opens (very quickly) , is this the way it is to work ?
    Would be there some who who can translate this for me? - my apologize - but I am not able to understand what you are trying to say to me...

this is how far I have understood you...

you select a pic to open
    then bbfs flashes

but then only words like "open", "closed" will follow each other and I do not have a single clue what actually happens at the sceen - and what you expect "should" happen...
    05-17-09 02:43 AM
    I think he means when viewing images, it opens, goes back to file explorer, then opens the image again real fast (instead of just displaying the image once). I haven't tested this, just explaining.
    05-17-09 04:21 AM
    I think he means when viewing images, it opens, goes back to file explorer, then opens the image again real fast (instead of just displaying the image once). I haven't tested this, just explaining.
    papped
    yes thank you very much this is exactly what happens
    thanks
    05-17-09 05:09 AM
    ah ok - got it now - that's indeed a strange phenomenon from the MediaApp (the program that is launched by BBFS in order to display an image)... on some devices/memory conditions/(or what ever) it happens, that the MediaApp pass back the application focus to BBFS (which should not happen)...

So in order that you going to see your opened Image (in this condition) I have implemented a function in BBFileScout, to change focus back to the MediaApp... So that's explaining why you see BBFS shortly flashing up - since it got back the focus and instantly switch back to the MediaApp...

So the "root" of the Problem is that for some reasons/conditions MediaApp will be called by BBFS but does not keep the focus.

Matthias
    Last edited by emacf1; 05-17-09 at 06:13 AM.
    05-17-09 05:38 AM
    I don't know if it's a known issue (don't have the time to look through the entire thread) but BBFileScout still crashes curve 8900 on trying to open a pdf file (I have beamreader installed). I've never had any other app crash the phone so that only a bat pull will fix it.
    05-17-09 10:37 AM
    That's quite sad to read... can you give me a bit more details? -> e.g. have you specified 'pdf' as custom extension in BBFS options?
    05-17-09 12:54 PM
    That's quite sad to read... can you give me a bit more details? -> e.g. have you specified 'pdf' as custom extension in BBFS options?
    I had tried using both with default options, as well as adding "pdf" association to Beamreader. Just did it again with the latest BBFileScout version (and then rebooted the phone after it crashed). Don't know if I can give anymore details than that... I'm running OS .231, but same happened with earlier OS versions too. I also don't have any other pdf readers installed.
    05-17-09 04:16 PM
521 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD