i just can assume, that when you click on the jad link, that your phone is loading the info from the browser cache (and not from the web server) - just check it (if you want) by clearing your browser cache and start the download again...
    Last edited by emacf1; 04-02-09 at 01:30 AM.
    04-02-09 01:10 AM
    Using v0.5.14. Opening .png files seems hit or miss.
    -Sometimes it loads a blank white page.
    -Sometimes it flickers, then shows BBFileScout again. Then if I open the same file again, it displays properly.

This is just opening the files in system/samples/folder icons/
    04-06-09 01:49 PM
    This is just opening the files in system/samples/folder icons/
    the folder icons files have really a strange behaviour - it's like you described it also on my Storm... some icons are simply shown as white - no clue if this are alpha transparent effects "only"... some icons are just show a very small color stripe... I think the problem is by the images itself and not related to BBFS itself - would be strange, that a bug in the application only is noticeable in one specific folder.
    04-07-09 03:40 AM
    Yeah it does look like those images are the problem.

I found one weird issue:

-Open BBFileScout
    -Open an image (I'm using jpeg wallpapers on my store/)
    -Back button to go back
    -Open another image
    -Back button to go back
    -Menu>Close

Use the app switcher and you'll see BBfilescout is still running and the phone slows down. This only happens if you open multiple images. If I open one the app closes properly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 10:23 AM
    I found one weird issue:

-Open BBFileScout
    -Open an image (I'm using jpeg wallpapers on my store/)
    -Back button to go back
    -Open another image
    -Back button to go back
    -Menu>Close

Use the app switcher and you'll see BBfilescout is still running and the phone slows down. This only happens if you open multiple images. If I open one the app closes properly
    Thanks for the feedback - honestly currently I have no clue how & why this is happening - but it's quite easy reproduce able - I will look into this issue shortly.

Thanks
    Matthias
    04-08-09 02:53 PM
    BBFileScout update to 0.6

What's new?
    * Search for files or directories

A detailed description about the new search functionality and all the additional features that comes with it (like key short cuts) can be found at the new Changelog page of BBFileScout HP (I hope that's fine with you)

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
    04-11-09 06:30 AM
    I just updated but I have a problem. This version doesn't work with OS 5.0 the previous one worked fine without any problems.

When I try to open it I get "could not access Content Handler server" and it closes the app.
    All my permission are set to "Allow"
    04-11-09 11:51 AM
    Thanks! Downloading now.
    04-11-09 12:13 PM
    I just updated but I have a problem. This version doesn't work with OS 5.0 the previous one worked fine without any problems.
    I am sorry - but currently there is no access for a normal BB-Developer to get any kind of access to a higher OS then 4.7 - so it's not possible for me right now to test your reported problem - my apologize.
    04-12-09 01:26 AM
    Not sure what could be causing your error, BBFileScout 0.6 is working fine for me on 5.0.0.90. I was using 0.5.14 before upgrading to OS 5 and used the OTA on the BBFileScout site to upgrade to 0.6 about 10 minutes ago and it seems to be working fine.

Here's some proof:
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 04-12-09 at 10:45 AM.
    04-12-09 10:34 AM
    Running 4.6.0.167 (Platform4.0.0.157)

When I delete the sample pics & music, the app deletes them.

But, once I run QuickPull or do a soft reset the sample pics & music magically re-appear.

Any ideas?
    04-12-09 11:04 AM
    Not sure what could be causing your error, BBFileScout 0.6 is working fine for me on 5.0.0.90.
    great news!
    04-12-09 11:05 AM
    When I delete the sample pics & music, the app deletes them.

But, once I run QuickPull or do a soft reset the sample pics & music magically re-appear.

Any ideas?
    yes - the problem is, that at certain occasions the installed OS (addons) restoring their content after a reboot or reset - there is nothing that can be done about it (except removing the specific cod's completely)
    04-12-09 11:07 AM
    Ok, thanks.

Still a very nice app.
    04-12-09 11:14 AM
    I used this application in the past with no problems. When I wasn't using it I deleted it. After re installing the application, it is painfully slow....and I mean slooooowwww!!! I can't figure out what's causing this. I downloaded the latest version on my VERIZON WIRELESS Curve 8330.

04-12-09 06:33 PM
    I have the same issue on the Bold with v0.6. The app is ridiculously slow even if you just load it.
    04-15-09 03:04 PM
    I have the same issue on the Bold with v0.6. The app is ridiculously slow even if you just load it.
    ... I hope with the next release this issue can be configured [looks like the Bold is not handling multiple Threads optimal]...
    04-15-09 03:41 PM
    I am running v0.6 on my Bold (v.247) and everything seems to working fine for me....
    04-15-09 05:24 PM
    Great product, I donated the other day.
    04-15-09 07:58 PM
    BBFileScout update to 0.6.1

What's new?
    * Search will now display the total number of hits
    * New Option: Directory Structure loading Thread ['Slow'|'Normal'|'Fast']

What's fixed?
    * Performance of Search improved
    * Menu is now showing the correct entry 'Zip <selection>'
    * No Exception when the 'one directory up' [..] is selected and the key short cut [A|S] is pressed

A detailed description about the changes can be found @ the Changelog page of BBFileScout HP (I hope that's fine with you)

Installation & Update

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
    04-16-09 04:34 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.6.3

What's fixed?
    * I made a very stupid mistake - I trusted a information that was no reliable – and I did not spend enough time to verify this information. I deeply regret what have happened but I can not make this undone – I hope tpdkdesign.net & everaldo.com can forgive me for this error - again my apologize.

As consequence all Icons (incl. the main app icon) had to be replaced (I am not confident, if the current symbols will be the final ones – but at least the I bought them from fasticon.com)

Installation & Update

Matthias
    Last edited by emacf1; 04-17-09 at 04:31 AM.
    04-17-09 03:02 AM
    Version 6.3 Error starting bbfilescout:module bbfilescout is trying to acess secure api

04-17-09 04:09 AM
    Version 0.6.2 Error starting bbfilescout:module bbfilescout is trying to access secure api
    my apologize - I tried to resolve that as fix as possible - the 0.6.2 was unsigned (that's why you get the message) -> that's why I just uploaded the 0.6.3 which is now signed again...
    04-17-09 04:19 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.6.4

What's new?
    * I am sorry that there is again another update within 24h - but the initial new icons, that I have bought where IMHO not optimal for the Blackberry� device - so I have worked the last 24h with high pressure on an update for the icons of BBFileScout and finally after spending the night with "pushing pixel around" I am more or less happy with the result.

I hope now the contrast for the icons is improved and if there is somebody around who would like to help me with further improvements please do not hesitate to get in contact with me.

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout.

Matthias
    Last edited by emacf1; 04-18-09 at 05:57 AM.
    04-18-09 04:06 AM
    Tried v 0.6.4 -> When I start the app, it says " Could not access content handler server"....

EDIT: All fine now. Deleted the old version first then installed 0.6.4. Thanks!
    Last edited by amf14; 04-18-09 at 05:51 AM.
    04-18-09 05:48 AM
521 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD