BBFileScout update to 0.5.9.1

What's fixed?
    • Copy of multiple directories will not crash BBFileScout

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
    03-23-09 04:20 PM
    ive asked this question as a pm and never got an answer , is there a way or can it be done where this app opens the memopad on your phone(if you can i cant figure it out) ? like the app- have been using bbnotepad for this memopad function
    any help thanks
    actually I am sorry - but I do not understand, what you like to see... what kind of extension have these memopad files? Have you tried to register BBFileScout as handler for this type of files?

is there anyway to get further into the filesystem with this app.. or via minor changes? anyway we could see more of the files? for instance.. find the camera flash sound and disable it. or to possibly tweak other options.
    something like qpst or bitpim.. but running on the device itself.
    BBFileScout list the files, that the OS reveals to the app... as far as I have understand there are apps 'qpst or bitpim' that can reveal more details...

Maybe i'm stupid or something but when i select a certain file one of the options states "store 'filename' on Stack"
    Where is Stack? What the heck is Stack?
    Actually consider the term Strack as something like "clipboard" (internal memory)... so once you have put a file to the "stack" you can go to a different directory and then copy or move the file from the "Stack" to the new directory... using "Move" will delete the file at the source directory...

Matthias
    03-23-09 04:28 PM
    actually yes i have tryed to register the memopad file and when i save and close bbfilescout and reopen it has reset and does not work . when i save a file to memopad at a later time while in bbfilescout i can open memopad and copy what i have saved to my memory card (this is how i used bbnotepad ) without having the extra steps of open ,select,copy,close (go to filescout) open ,make new text file,paste, save and close.

**update** recieved a pm was able to figure it out , thanks
    Last edited by duck383; 03-23-09 at 05:07 PM.
    03-23-09 04:36 PM
    *Solved after installing the latest update!
    How do I set up BBScoutFle to open Mp3?I wanted to let it open by default but it's not working,so I tried assigning it to "Media"(can't find Media Player,just Media), then to Flipside.None are working. On "Media" I get an error with a "!" mark and on Flipside it'll open Flipside to albums but won't play the file.Any ideea?
    Last edited by 701; 03-24-09 at 01:50 AM.
    03-24-09 01:43 AM
    **update** recieved a pm was able to figure it out , thanks
    would be nice, if you can post the solution for us all - since I am still struggling 1) to understand what the problem is and 2) how it was solved

*Solved after installing the latest update!
    How do I set up BBScoutFle to open Mp3?I wanted to let it open by default but it's not working,so I tried assigning it to "Media"(can't find Media Player,just Media), then to Flipside.None are working. On "Media" I get an error with a "!" mark and on Flipside it'll open Flipside to albums but won't play the file.Any ideea?
    Must be that I have a really bad day - but I don't understand what your problem is - MP3's should be automatically open with BBFileScout (without any additional configuration) - if this does not work try to enable the 'Force BB media content handler for images, audio & video files' option
    03-24-09 03:58 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.5.10

What's new?

* Directory Popup [SHIFT+G] will remember expand/collapse state of directories in the current BBFileScout session
    * Directory Popup [SHIFT+G] will go to the current active directory
    * Key short cuts ['all directories' popup]:
    NAV LEFT: Collapse current node
    NAV RIGHT: Expand current node and go to first child

What's fixed?

* As soon as a single file have the green checkmark BBFilescout will always work on this mark (and not on the current selection)
    * Key-Shortcut [C] will now work corresponding to the multi-select function of BBFileScout
    * File/Dir copy exceptions should show a text now (and not an empty dialogue)

All the changes are now listed in the new Changelog page of BBFileScout HP (I hope that's fine with you)

Installation & Update

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
    03-24-09 04:37 PM
    when up-dating do you install over or del' and new install please tell me.The BBFilescout app.
    P.S. Xtreme NEW-BI
    Last edited by CYE58; 03-24-09 at 05:11 PM. Reason: for got something
    03-24-09 05:07 PM
    when up-dating do you install over or del' and new install please tell me.The BBFilescout app
    ... simply update the existing app...
    03-24-09 05:20 PM
    BBFileScout update to 0.5.11

What's new?

-File details [added properties]:
    # Is Hidden [YES|NO]
    -Directory details:
    # Filename (complete)
    # Total file size (incl. sub-directories)
    # free space
    # number of files
    # number of directories
    # Last modification date
    # Is Hidden [YES|NO]

What's fixed?

-Updated handling of BBThumbs.dat [can't be selected/copied]
    -Fixed problem (IO-Exceptions) with copy/move of large directory structures and files (thanks a lot Tom!)
    -Key short cuts ['all directories' popup]:
    #NAV LEFT: Collapse current node (or parent)

All the changes are now listed in the new Changelog page of BBFileScout HP (I hope that's fine with you)

Installation & Update

Matthias
    03-25-09 05:20 PM
    hi Matthias,

jus downloaded .11 and have the following problem:
    I can only open system directory. My sd card folders arent displayed. Worked fine before.

sponch

omg: works fine now. bb was connected to desktopmanager via usb...using mass storage..

eidt:
    BUT: I still got an error message when trying to make a playlist from a coplete folder--> i choose: directory as playlist --> name the playlist --> then mediaplayer opens with "diese Wiedergabeliste enth�lt keine g�ltigen Titel" (German device- and I want to keep the original error message).
    In the direcotry there are only mp3s (14) and a bbthumbs.dat file.
    Last edited by sponch; 03-26-09 at 03:59 AM.
    03-26-09 03:51 AM
    ... does this directory show the correct icons (and filesize) for your MP3 files - looks like, that BBFS have trouble detecting that the files in this dir are audio/video files... and np with German ErrorMessages... I am used to them ;-)
    03-26-09 05:03 AM
    My goodness! You've been busy Matthias! The new version is awesome!!! Love the favorites, the new shortcuts, the playlist support, EVERYTHING is great! I don't understand why anyone would still pay for File Manager Pro. Your app destroys theirs. I finally got my donation sent. Thank you so mcuh for all your hard work. Navigating and maintaining my BlackBerry is so much better thanks to you!

By the way, I have some server space and subversion, perhaps I could try to help you with the server-side needs for a possible "Check for Updates" option built-into the program? No big deal if not, I have both this thread and BBFileScout page bookmarked, just thought perhaps I could help.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 03-26-09 at 05:19 AM.
    03-26-09 05:15 AM
    ... does this directory show the correct icons (and filesize) for your MP3 files - looks like, that BBFS have trouble detecting that the files in this dir are audio/video files... and np with German ErrorMessages... I am used to them ;-)
    Hi Matthias,
    concerningthe German- i saw your signature;-) I'm from Karlsruhe...
    mh...just checked the mu3 file- it's empty and has only 8 byte. This happens with every directory containing mp3s on my sdcard.... any idea??
    if I go inside the directory and choose the single files a proper playlist is created..
    Last edited by sponch; 03-26-09 at 05:37 AM.
    03-26-09 05:33 AM
    would be nice, if you can post the solution for us all - since I am still struggling 1) to understand what the problem is and 2) how it was solved

Must be that I have a really bad day - but I don't understand what your problem is - MP3's should be automatically open with BBFileScout (without any additional configuration) - if this does not work try to enable the 'Force BB media content handler for images, audio & video files' option
    I fixed it up by downloading the update,don't worry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 07:41 AM
    This happens with every directory containing mp3s on my sdcard.... any idea??
    if I go inside the directory and choose the single files a proper playlist is created..
    phui - any thing "special" with this directories? - what does the new DirInfo Dialog display for such a MP3 directory? [and what extension does the mp3 files have?]
    03-26-09 09:16 AM
    I fixed it up by downloading the update,don't worry.
    self-healing problems are the best

...I don't understand why anyone would still pay for File Manager Pro....
    I never tried File Manager Pro (for various reasons) but: Terra Mobility is offering a real product with a real support infrastructure in the background - this is a total different concept - which I (as a private individual) can't provide at all... so for sure there are users with certain demands, that only can be provided by a company like Terra Mobility.

...No big deal if not, I have both this thread and BBFileScout page bookmarked, just thought perhaps I could help.
    since you have donated you can enjoy a special service ;-)

Matthias
    03-26-09 12:53 PM
    I'm noticing a small bug in the media player (accessing files on the SDcard)
    Ex: If I go into a music folder and play a song and then exit the folder while the song is still playing, it won't allow me to replace the current song with a different selection. It only briefly shows the media player and stops playing the 1st song but won't play a different song. It plays the new selection only after I completely exit all folders.

Also, is there a way to add a "now playing" feature, as in the native app, because I don't know how to actually get back into the media player if I do exit the app (while a song is still playing through bbfilescout- the native media player doesn't show the current selection)

This is a nice app!!!!!!!!!
    03-26-09 07:20 PM
    BBFileScout update to 0.5.12

What's new?
    * Copy, move, delete and zipping of directories (or collections containing one ore more directories) will now show a percentage progress bar

What's fixed?
    * Fixed problem with directory information dialog for root volumes (like 'store', 'system' or 'SDCard')

Installation & Update

Matthias
    03-28-09 10:04 AM
    I've been using this app more and more. LOVE IT!!

any chance its possible to add support for password protected .zip files?
    03-30-09 04:25 PM
    Im really sorry if this is a dumb question but I read wonderful things about this App. and I'm fairly new to the Berry World...my first B.B. is the Bold I am currently using, I would like to download or save media attachments from the emails i receive, as commonly known there's a maximum download size of files and when songs are emailed to me I cannot listen or download from my Bold...i've read that BBFileScout can do these things plus a whole lot more but ive been unsuccessful on finding out how to do this! Is there a "Help my dumbBUTT" section I can go to that will fully help me to understand this great App. and all of its abilities? Any help is sincerely and greatly appreciated because I would love to tell my friends that are B.B. users to download and donate for this App. Thank you in advanced for any help.
    03-31-09 03:14 PM
    I have tried this app and I like it. It is simple but not "cheapy". Will this app allow me to save email attachments of word, excel, etc? I saw on the website that I would need to have office to go (I can't find what that is). I have Docs to Go on my BB. If this is possible how do I go about doing that? It is very likely that I am just thick-headed but I cannot figure out how to do that.
    04-01-09 07:18 AM
    This is a MUST HAVE app on all BlackBerrys.
    04-01-09 07:21 AM
    This is a MUST HAVE app on all BlackBerrys.
    Agreed, i just downloaded the new version of it as i was running an older version and its much better. Its great that the developer has actually made an app that allows us to do things that should have been enabled within the OS without someone having to develop an app for it.

Well done to the app developer.
    04-01-09 07:24 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.5.14

What's new?
    Dedicated to my good old friend Susu:
    * Send any file via Bluetooth to any other device that supports OBEX-Object-Push (experimental)

Installation & Update

Matthias
    04-01-09 03:21 PM
    Just one thing I want to mention is that I noticed during installation of 0.5.12 and 0.5.14 that it is still showing that it is installing 0.5.10. Once installed it is showing the correct version.
    04-01-09 06:19 PM
521 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD