...Maybe you can sell it to RIM
    well - right now I hope to receive donations from the people who find this app useful
    Last edited by emacf1; 03-19-09 at 11:32 AM.
    03-19-09 11:29 AM
    well - right now I hope to receive donations from the people who find this app useful
    I found it useful, and hope you keep making updates. Thanks for adding the start location. That was the biggest thing for me.
    03-19-09 02:48 PM
    Thanks great app for editing memory on the go works great on my storm...
    03-19-09 03:38 PM
    BBFileScout update to 0.5.6

What's new? / What's fixed?
    All the changes are now listed in the new Changelog page of BBFileScout HP (I hope that's fine with you)

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

@Tommy: I hope this update will make you happy...
    @Pete: Setting the Home background Image is only supported in OS 4.7+ (when there will be a special "storm version" then there will be also this function available) - but the rest of your suggestions is there ;-) [it's the SHIFT-Key]

Matthias
    03-19-09 03:39 PM
    BBFileScout update to 0.5.6

All the changes are now listed in the new Changelog page of BBFileScout HP (I hope that's fine with you)

Installation & Update

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

@Tommy: I hope this update will make you happy...
    @Pete: Setting the Home background Image is only supported in OS 4.7+ (when there will be a special "storm version" then there will be also this function available) - but the rest of your suggestions is there ;-) [it's the SHIFT-Key]

Matthias
    Matthias, what can I say....you once again amaze me with your responsiveness! THANK YOU!! One question: how do I remove a "Favorite" directory?
    03-19-09 04:09 PM
    ...One question: how do I remove a "Favorite" directory?
    in the favourite popup dialouge simply hit the DEL-Key
    03-19-09 04:48 PM
    Hi mathias,
    Wow amazing - had the idea a few days ago and now the playlist is implemented!!! I'm going to donate when im back home!!
    One thing: isn't it possible to click on a folder and say choose all files for playlist- to play a complete folder?? Even maybe without creating a playlist first??

Sponch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 02:28 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.5.7

Installation & Update

Matthias
    03-20-09 05:16 AM
    sure that would be possible... but I don't really see the need/motivation to do so
    when you set a file "hidden" you still can find it on your phone if you use filescout, but if it wouold be password protected no one would be able to find your hidden files.
    03-20-09 07:11 AM
    with such a rapid development cycle, would be nice to be able to update this program from within the application itself

Thanks again!
    03-20-09 08:10 AM
    with such a rapid development cycle, would be nice to be able to update this program from within the application itself
    what should I say, if I would test the app better, then there would not had been so many bug reports - and actually I personally do not feel much comfortable with providing a new version, that just contain bug fixes...

The next big challenge will be to integrate remote Filesystem support (like FTP) - but I am not sure yet, if this is something I can implement... but except from that there is not much left, that can/should be integrated - so there are good chances, that the update cycle will slow down
    Last edited by emacf1; 03-20-09 at 09:01 AM.
    03-20-09 08:16 AM
    Remote Filesystem such as a simple FTP client?
    03-20-09 08:27 AM
    Remote Filesystem such as a simple FTP client?
    yes... but we will see, if I can find my very old FTP-Client source code
    03-20-09 09:01 AM
    Great app. One small problem tho, when I go into the samples dir the images aren't showing up which is making it hard to delete them. Any ideas?

03-20-09 04:35 PM
    Solved. Just being a **** for a while there!

03-20-09 05:33 PM
    im bold user on .247
    i use this app to delete the pre installed wallpaper
    but after deleting it , i check the memory and it doesnt change,
    it still the same, i did battery pull and still it's the same
    so what the hype people telling about deleting the pre installed stuff to free some aplication memory ?
    03-21-09 02:23 AM
    you might like to consider, that there are different types of memory on your BB - one is similar to your PC's RAM and the other is similar to your PC's HD - both is memory - and of course deleting wallpapers will only free memory of the second type...
    03-21-09 11:14 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.5.8

Installation & Update

Matthias
    03-22-09 05:03 AM
    It would be great to post the OTA links here on CrackBerry.com, and up to date screenshots, too...
    03-22-09 06:04 AM
    Great application.
    I got a question - on my 8310 Curve there is only two folders SDCard and Store, but no System folder.

I already checked the option show hidden files and directories

Can anybody help me ?

Thomas
    03-22-09 05:05 PM
    that's no problem Thomas - it's really device dependant what root folders you will get listed - some have "system" as subfolder within store - others have them as separate root folder - some does not show a system folder at all...
    03-23-09 04:33 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.5.9

• multiselect now also works for directories
    • Quick change directory via Tree view...

Installation & Update

Matthias
    03-23-09 12:58 PM
    Maybe i'm stupid or something but when i select a certain file one of the options states "store 'filename' on Stack"

Where is Stack? What the heck is Stack?
    03-23-09 01:24 PM
    is there anyway to get further into the filesystem with this app.. or via minor changes? anyway we could see more of the files? for instance.. find the camera flash sound and disable it. or to possibly tweak other options.

something like qpst or bitpim.. but running on the device itself.
    03-23-09 03:26 PM
    ive asked this question as a pm and never got an answer , is there a way or can it be done where this app opens the memopad on your phone(if you can i cant figure it out) ? like the app- have been using bbnotepad for this memopad function
    any help thanks
    03-23-09 04:02 PM
521 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD