YOU NEED TO BE IN THE UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if this have been covered but i certainly can't find any posts on the 9700 forums but..

The BBC Iplayer mobile site is now working for the 9700. It will not work with the 9000.

BBC iPlayer -- for those who need the address

THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT MISS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------ Make it as a bookmark and set browser to hotspot.. save.. close and re-open.-----

This is a WIFI only service as even if it was to work over 3G the location of the BB serviers puts a stop on that as BBC Iplayer is UK only service.

Last edited by montage; 02-15-10 at 05:20 AM.
    02-14-10 04:25 AM
    Just tried this and it works!
    02-14-10 05:07 AM
    Not sure if this have been covered but i certainly can't find any posts on the 9700 forums but..

The BBC Iplayer mobile site is now working for the 9700. It will does not work with the 9000.

www. bbc.co.uk/ mobile / iplayer/ -- for those who need the address

Make it as a bookmark and set browser to hotspot.. save.. close and re-open.

This is a WIFI only service as even if it was to work over 3G the location of the BB serviers puts a stop on that as BBC Iplayer is UK only service.
    I just c+p the link in this post and it told me my mobile is not supported, I am obviously on a bold 9700 with orange as carrier!? :s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 06:58 AM
    Did you use the native browser?

02-14-10 07:12 AM
    HTTP Error 404: Not Found... And thats from my phone with a WiFi connection...
    02-14-10 09:48 AM
    If people aren't cleaver enough to take out spaces in a web address I suggest swapping maybe to an alcatel or a really old Nokia..

02-14-10 09:52 AM
    Haha! It says the me please switch to wifi to view the programme. Either that or be on a 3 or Vodafone contract. I'm on 3 and I'm in wifi any help will be appreciated!

02-14-10 09:59 AM
    Create a bookmark.. Set browser to wifi within the bookmark settings.. Close the browser and then re open and open page from bookmark

02-14-10 10:00 AM
    Create a bookmark.. Set browser to wifi within the bookmark settings.. Close the browser and then re open and open page from bookmark
    I did exactly this, except I set the browser to "hotspot browser" in the bookmark settings, as the OP stated (there is no option called "wifi" so I assume this is what you mean).

Still, it said "We do not currently support BBC iPlayer outside the United Kingdom."
    02-14-10 11:14 AM
    Did you close the browser and re open it from the bookmark?? And are you connected to a wifi network in the uk?

02-14-10 11:16 AM
    Works great here!! Thanks! (I am on Three UK) the only thing is there is no Scottish channel! Like on the full player... There is Welsh & Irish though!

02-14-10 02:16 PM
    Did you close the browser and re open it from the bookmark?? And are you connected to a wifi network in the uk?
    In order of your questions, yes I did, and no, I'm in the US. I guess I misunderstood those directions to be for accessing the site from outside the UK. Anyone outside the UK able to access it? Oh well.. have fun you kooky Brits!
    02-14-10 08:19 PM
    Can someone post a screenshot?

02-14-10 08:31 PM
    thanks, trying it later
    02-14-10 08:53 PM
    I tried getting onit via wifi the other day but it said I need to be in the UK (I live in london can it get anymore UK ?) Anyone else had this issue ???

02-14-10 09:36 PM
    Just tried, doesn't work for people outside the UK.

02-14-10 09:39 PM
    I tried getting onit via wifi the other day but it said I need to be in the UK (I live in london can it get anymore UK ?) Anyone else had this issue ???

have you created a bookmark?!
    02-15-10 05:20 AM
    Can someone post a screenshot?

posted.. see original post
    02-15-10 05:21 AM
    for those of you in the uk having trouble accessing the iplayer on your devices, this could be down to your isp, i know that sky, aol and a few other providers in the uk use american servers and have american registered ip adresses on the internet this is why you cannot connect.
    02-15-10 05:30 AM
    for those of you in the uk having trouble accessing the iplayer on your devices, this could be down to your isp, i know that sky, aol and a few other providers in the uk use american servers and have american registered ip adresses on the internet this is why you cannot connect.

Best way to check if anybody is having issues and have followed steps is try bbc iplayer on your pc

02-15-10 05:43 AM
    The BBC has a Blackberry app is seems for BBCi (and news , sports ect) ..find it here from you berry..

BlackBerry: Mobile iPlayer is only enabled for the Bold 2 (9700) & Storm 2 (9520/9550) handsets. Users should download the BBC iPlayer Shortcut App from BBC Mobile | BlackBerry Shortcut Applications to ensure that iPlayer works correctly.

Works great here in the UK!..
    02-18-10 04:58 PM
    posted.. see original post
    It is just the webpage. I want to see a screenshot of a video it is playing.

02-18-10 05:52 PM
    i followed the original steps and it works fine over wifi and even over 3g and im on orange in the UK
    02-19-10 04:17 PM
    It is just the webpage. I want to see a screenshot of a video it is playing.

Then i suggest you go to the site and try it yourself!
    02-19-10 04:19 PM

Then i suggest you go to the site and try it yourself!
    I can't since I'm located in the USA. I want to see if the quality is worth it before I try to look for hack so I can get it to work in the good ole' us of a.

02-19-10 04:40 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD