Ok, I have the latest and greatest OS for my Pearl 8130 (Verizon). I just purchased the BBAlerts and I'm having some issues.

I'm only getting the alert colors for the Emails and Missed calls. The Txt and PIN msgs are still blinking Red. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about and how i can fix this problem? Any help would be great! Thank you!
    04-08-08 11:21 AM
    Anybody have a link to the bbalerts website?
    04-08-08 09:26 PM
    does anyone know how to fix this? I'm having this issue on my curve
    04-11-08 09:58 AM
    There is no website for the app unfortunately. I don't think it works well with PIN messages, but with SMS as long as you set it up correctly it should work without a hitch. Try a battery pull and see how it goes.
    04-11-08 10:07 AM
    ok, trying that now.
    04-11-08 10:11 AM
    still no luck, oh well. i guess pins and sms are important enough for a red
    04-11-08 10:15 AM
    if you open bbalerts and click options, then scroll down and make sure the boxes that say "notify on missed pin" and whatever else you want to be notified of, then click back and save, then press menu again and go to assign colors, and scroll dow and be sure that you select colors other than red for missed pins and what ever, hope that helps, I have bbalerts and it works great! if you have any other questions let me know!

Rob
    04-21-08 11:40 PM
    if you open bbalerts and click options, then scroll down and make sure the boxes that say "notify on missed pin" and whatever else you want to be notified of, then click back and save, then press menu again and go to assign colors, and scroll dow and be sure that you select colors other than red for missed pins and what ever, hope that helps, I have bbalerts and it works great! if you have any other questions let me know!

Rob
    I talked to the software designer and he said the only way to get PIN notifications via BB alerts is to send and receive PIN messages via your email inbox rather than using the messenger to send messages. I have tried it and it works but when you hit "create PIN" in you email inbox I believe it is received by the other person as an SMS....can anyone else verify this? Also, has anyone successfully assigned an alert thru BB Alerts for PIN messages?

Thanks
    04-22-08 08:09 PM
    The first blink on sms is red for me, but then the bbalert colors kick in. I haven't had any troubles. Make sure when you set the colors, you click save before you exit... Good luck
    04-22-08 08:14 PM
    The first blink on sms is red for me, but then the bbalert colors kick in. I haven't had any troubles. Make sure when you set the colors, you click save before you exit... Good luck

Thanks for your reply but the SMS BB Alert works fine for me, I was actually wondering about the PIN messages alert.

Thanks
    04-22-08 08:18 PM
    I have just dealt with the bbm alert, I changed the audible notification and its not a problem for me....
    04-22-08 08:21 PM
    Still can't get mine to work! BBAlerts don't change the color for PIN messages... so frustrating!!

Has anyone found out how to do this?
    05-21-08 04:02 PM
    how many colors are there? How do you have your colors set up?
    05-21-08 08:25 PM
    There is blue, purple, orange,yellow, green, and three custom color choices, you make your own shades for 3, I love the program...
    05-21-08 08:28 PM
    There is blue, purple, orange,yellow, green, and three custom color choices, you make your own shades for 3, I love the program...

so how are yours set up out of curiousity?

SMS=
    email=
    PIN=
    What else is there?
    05-21-08 09:06 PM
    SMS = blue
    Email = cyan
    Voicemail = purple
    Missed call = red
    JiveTalk = green

05-21-08 09:47 PM
    wow i didn't realize you can change have colors for voicemail and missed calls.
    05-22-08 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD