Hi,
    I got my first berry last week, and I'm absolutely loving it. I can't seem to get BB weather to work for some reason, it installs, but won't run. Anyone else having this problem on the tour? ((((((Thanks!
    10-09-09 03:31 PM
    I've yet to have a problem with it on any OS on the Tour. I'm running the GPS-enabled version. Currently running Irtehun's 5.0.0.230 hybrid.

I'm on Verizon btw.

OTA download link:

Http://www.tateu.net/software/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 04:45 PM
    I've yet to have a problem with it on any OS on the Tour. I'm running the GPS-enabled version. Currently running Irtehun's 5.0.0.230 hybrid.

I'm on Verizon btw.

OTA download link:

Http://www.tateu.net/software/

Thanks for the link.

Is there a *free* weatherapp that has current conditions as the visual icon? Like 85 and sunny shows up as a sun with an 85 in the icon box?
    10-09-09 05:28 PM
    try the weatherbug free version from the blackberry app store. In many themes the sun/clouds icon and the current temp/forcasted hi will show. weatherbug has accurate info in my area, while berryweather is frequently off 5-10 degrees.

I've tried the $5 elite version of weatherbug which simply never functioned on my Tour - even after 2 weeks of tech support email back and forth.

Try free weatherbug plus the free Pro V3 theme found here under the Tour themes page to get the icon/constant temp readings on your home page.
    10-09-09 05:41 PM
    try the weatherbug free version from the blackberry app store. In many themes the sun/clouds icon and the current temp/forcasted hi will show. weatherbug has accurate info in my area, while berryweather is frequently off 5-10 degrees.

I've tried the $5 elite version of weatherbug which simply never functioned on my Tour - even after 2 weeks of tech support email back and forth.

Try free weatherbug plus the free Pro V3 theme found here under the Tour themes page to get the icon/constant temp readings on your home page.
    Thanks.
    10-09-09 05:56 PM
    I used it for a few weeks and got it to work, but didn't like it. It crapped out too often and wouldn't retrieve info. I've also had it be off about 30 degrees. I installed that alongside WeatherBug and the latter usually was a bit more reliable. As of today, I bought the Blackberry Weather App that's on sale for the rest of the day....it's GREAT!
    10-09-09 06:43 PM
    Its the best
    10-09-09 08:34 PM
    Works great on my Tour. Its probably my favorite app.

10-09-09 10:05 PM
    BB Weather has a home screen icon. I don't understand why anyone would pay for weather app when this does everything but satellite images and radar. It also has option to pull weather from either weather underground or weather.com. It's not the app's issue if weather is wrong, it's the service the app is pulling from.

I've been using BB Weather since my 8703e, and have tried all the other free ones. Hands down BB Weather is the best app there is. And it's Free - and no Ads.

10-09-09 10:28 PM
    It's not the app's issue if weather is wrong, it's the service the app is pulling from.
    Agreed unequivocal ably, apparently weather.com is not too accurate.
    10-09-09 11:03 PM
    For those questioning why you would pay for BerryWeather, I'll be honest...you are really paying for the interface, which is second to none. If you're not comfortable with spending the 10 bucks (often 5 if its on sale) you can get the weather info you need for free. But BW is also worth every penny if you value the convenience and pleasure of a nice interface.

It also allows very easy viewing of multiple locations, quick access to radar, and detects your location via GPS and provides weather for the place you're in. All great if you're a frequent traveler.
    10-10-09 08:55 PM
    I agree weatherberry is THE way to go. Hurt my heart to pay that much, but my wife and I both use it regularly on our Tours and have not regretted it a bit. I did get hers on back to school sale for cheaper.
    10-10-09 10:43 PM
    It also allows very easy viewing of multiple locations, quick access to radar, and detects your location via GPS and provides weather for the place you're in. All great if you're a frequent traveler.
    I agree, I like having the weather change according to my location. I commute to work, and the weather between my home and work place is different. Last weekend, I flew to Florida, and I didn't have to bother changing any settings...BerryWeather automatically tuned me into the local weather there.
    10-10-09 11:10 PM
    I was waiting for that 50% deal, finally got berryweather! Before this, I was using bbweather, and I have no complaints about it.
    Last edited by despaiR; 10-11-09 at 02:03 AM.
    10-10-09 11:36 PM
    For those questioning why you would pay for BerryWeather, I'll be honest...you are really paying for the interface, which is second to none. If you're not comfortable with spending the 10 bucks (often 5 if its on sale) you can get the weather info you need for free. But BW is also worth every penny if you value the convenience and pleasure of a nice interface.

I agree, Berryweather is awesome!
    10-10-09 11:45 PM
    Theres no reason to pay money for a weather app. I find it ridiculous. Unless you're a frequent camper, I dont see the need.. even still, you watch the news and get an update... for free.

Blackberry Weather is the best.
    10-11-09 01:38 PM
    I have had nothing but problems with Weather Bug and purchased BB Weather for $4.98 this weekend. It is a smooth application with nice radar/map and functionality. I highly recommend it. I am on Verizon with OS 4.7. If it doesn't work try a battery pull. If not then delete the app and reinstall it.
    10-11-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD