I tried out BB Traffic for the first time, and I was impressed. But I've been using Sprint Navigation for so long. BB Traffic seems like it uses less memory and is very snappy.
    But...
    BB Traffic has no visible map. A visible map is really handy if you want to see where the next turn is.
    and
    BB Traffic would not tell me what side of the road an address is on. This is one feature I like with Sprint Nav.
    A few more tweeks, and I would use Traffic a lot. I hope they would come with a Playbook version too.
    03-04-12 12:27 PM
    BB Traffic is an everyday app for me. The family has been saved misdirection more than one time. We love the functionality on our phones.
    03-04-12 01:07 PM
    I tried out BB Traffic for the first time, and I was impressed. But I've been using Sprint Navigation for so long. BB Traffic seems like it uses less memory and is very snappy.
    But...
    BB Traffic has no visible map. A visible map is really handy if you want to see where the next turn is.
    and
    BB Traffic would not tell me what side of the road an address is on. This is one feature I like with Sprint Nav.
    A few more tweeks, and I would use Traffic a lot. I hope they would come with a Playbook version too.
    I love BB Traffic. The voice is clear, it includes rerouting for traffic, many places I've gone are given multiple route choices. I guess they figure if we're bright enough to buy a BB, we're intelligent enough to read house numbers. BB Traffic is totally free, I know AT&T charges extra for theirs, does Sprint? I've tried several different GPS apps and BB Traffic has always been the most consistent for matching my setting of always using the fastest route and for accuracy. And I don't mind that it doesn't use maps -- that cuts down on data use to DL specific areas. And, if I'm looking at a map, my eyes aren't on the road.
    03-04-12 01:19 PM
    Sprint doesn't charge for basic navigation, they charge for the traffic option and something else.

I also like the free Blackberry Traffic which also tells you accidents and lanes. Constantly downloading the maps uses more data and makes phone slower.

I love BB Traffic. The voice is clear, it includes rerouting for traffic, many places I've gone are given multiple route choices. I guess they figure if we're bright enough to buy a BB, we're intelligent enough to read house numbers. BB Traffic is totally free, I know AT&T charges extra for theirs, does Sprint? I've tried several different GPS apps and BB Traffic has always been the most consistent for matching my setting of always using the fastest route and for accuracy. And I don't mind that it doesn't use maps -- that cuts down on data use to DL specific areas. And, if I'm looking at a map, my eyes aren't on the road.
    03-04-12 04:15 PM
    One thing I really like about Sprint Nav is the way you can go on their website and put addresses in before hand and then it syncs to your phone.
    I have not found anything like that on BB Traffic.
    And my Sprint Nav is free. But you can sure tell that it using boat loads of memory and data. Pretty good for a free program.
    None the less, I was very impressed with BB Traffic. I'm heading to Detroit tomorrow, so I will test it out in the big city.
    03-04-12 04:46 PM
    I always liked Sprint Navigation. I used it a lot with my 8330m. I haven't activated it on my 9650 though I'd like to. I guess I'm afraid of what might be bundled together with it. Carrier IQ or something like it perhaps?
    03-04-12 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD