tried to search to no avail...

per bberry site, itunes sync is one of the tour' features. how do i do this? do i need pocket mac?
    07-22-09 06:57 PM
    You can launch the program in the Desk Manager program which will synch the BB with itunes. I forget the name of the program but it is within the DM
    07-22-09 07:13 PM
    tried to search to no avail...

per bberry site, itunes sync is one of the tour' features. how do i do this? do i need pocket mac?
    At the DM Main Menu you have to click the Media manager. Then the third app that shows is called BlackBerry Media Sync. It says right underneath to use that app to sync you BB with either Windows Media Player or iTunes.

I haven't used it myself yet, but that's where it is.
    07-22-09 07:18 PM
    Yep! That's how you do it. Easy as pie. Just select which playlists you want, or all songs, and in a few minutes you've got your transfer.
    07-22-09 07:59 PM
    Works great as indicated above. Tranfers album artwork from iTunes as well as the songs you want. You can even play the music back through your computer via BT. Now I can leave my ipod in the car (where it is synced to the car stereo).
    07-22-09 08:52 PM
    i installed the cd and attached my bb using the usb cord but my computer won't recognize the device?? help?
    07-22-09 11:23 PM
    i installed the cd and attached my bb using the usb cord but my computer won't recognize the device?? help?
    im the same way...perhaps its because i use a macbook. regardless, tried installing pocketmac...fail.
    07-22-09 11:45 PM
    I have heard that any music on iTunes which is copy protected (i.e. most music purchased from iTunes vs being ripped from CDs) can not be copied to another device (including a Blackberry). Is that correct?
    08-06-09 01:34 PM
    I have heard that any music on iTunes which is copy protected (i.e. most music purchased from iTunes vs being ripped from CDs) can not be copied to another device (including a Blackberry). Is that correct?
    I believe you're partially correct. My understanding is that you can put DRM protected songs on your Tour, but the Tour won't play them.

And for you fellow Mac users out there, I've been having a lot of success using Blackberry Media Sync to transfer music from my iTunes to my Tour.
    08-06-09 01:44 PM
    I'm not exactly sure. I usually use Limewire and move my songs over to iTunes, so I haven't had a problem transfering music to my BB.
    08-06-09 01:45 PM
    I believe you're partially correct. My understanding is that you can put DRM protected songs on your Tour, but the Tour won't play them.

And for you fellow Mac users out there, I've been having a lot of success using Blackberry Media Sync to transfer music from my iTunes to my Tour.
    That is correct. I transferred a bunch of songs from Itunes onto my BB and they won't play because they are DRM protected. They transfer over fine but just won't play. Sucks!
    08-06-09 01:50 PM
    Works great as indicated above. Tranfers album artwork from iTunes as well as the songs you want. You can even play the music back through your computer via BT. Now I can leave my ipod in the car (where it is synced to the car stereo).
    NOT FAIR!!! The Mac program does NOT transfer album artwork
    08-06-09 05:05 PM
    NOT FAIR!!! The Mac program does NOT transfer album artwork
    Actually, I'm on a Mac and all of my album art transferred straight away.
    08-06-09 05:14 PM
    Same here, the Mac beta version of Media Sync worked fine with my Tour and transferred artwork too.
    08-06-09 05:24 PM
    Itunes transferred my songs and let me play them. We just moved and resynched the bb with the desktop and now they won't work. I thought it said you could fix the problem on itunes but I don't have my internet connection up yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 09:17 PM
    That is correct. I transferred a bunch of songs from Itunes onto my BB and they won't play because they are DRM protected. They transfer over fine but just won't play. Sucks!
    Using DM5.0 and Media Sync, it would not let me transfer the DRM files from iTunes, I would get a warning saying the files would not copy. Non-DRM files (with artwork), went fine.
    08-07-09 12:56 PM
    (computer crash reulted in songs lost on computer itune list

I'm not exactly sure. I usually use Limewire and move my songs over to iTunes, so I haven't had a problem transfering music to my BB.
    09-06-09 05:51 PM
    I think my husband is having a similar problem as to these other posters. We got our Tours about 2 weeks ago. Have the DM, and using Media Sync, he was able to download several songs, then the PC screen just froze. I attempted to do it on mine after we rebooted the PC, same thing, screen on PC froze.

He uninstalled DM and reinstalled, still having a problem. We got an idea from another poster to drag music directly onto SD card. Our PC doesn't have a cardholder that small for the SD card, so we are going out today to see if someone has an adaptor. Will let you know how that works, for those of you having similar problems.
    10-28-09 09:09 AM
    When I tried to synch my tour with itunes, all of the songs in my playlists (on itunes) disappeared! Very weird.
    Anyone have advice on how to retrieve them? I found the file on my PC with the older itunes files, but when I tried to copy them over, the songs disappeared from those playlists too!
    11-03-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD