If I go into My World in the BB App World on my Torch 9810, it will give me a "Please Wait" with an animated thing that never stops.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Also the Desktop Manager transferred everything over to my Torch 9810. Should I get rid of all the non-OS7 apps?

Also how could I restore a brand new state and just add my data and not my Apps?

Thanks CrackBerry Peeps, I did search for this sorry if this is a Dupe Thread.
    08-22-11 08:24 PM
    No one has any ideas?
    08-23-11 12:35 PM
    Sorry, I haven't had any problems with AppWorld ... can't help you there.

As for older apps, my only suggestion would be to try them all and see how they work. I have a few that run and work great, and I have a few that don't. The ones that don't stand out pretty quick because they'll only display a portion of the whole screen; and in one case it just wouldn't work at all.

Desktop Manager's Switch Devices should move all of your data and contacts from your old device to your new one. I used it for the first time last night. While it says it's moving your apps, it only moved my data, contacts and other PIM info. Everything seems to be there (except for the apps!).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 12:49 PM
    I think it wise to wipe the device and use the desktop device switch wizard to install only device data and not the third-party apps.

I'm pretty sure that your issues with app world are due to the non-compatible apps installed.

Good luck.
    08-23-11 12:51 PM
    I found some info here... trying this...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/#post6590390
    08-23-11 02:32 PM
    I found some info here... trying this...

I was just about to point you right there.
    08-23-11 02:44 PM
    When using DSW, only select Data and not Apps. Then you can re-stall all the compatible apps and be sure to logon to your PC and change your PIN in ShopCB.
    08-23-11 02:54 PM
    [QUOTE=D.Vader;6603168]If I go into My World in the BB App World on my Torch 9810, it will give me a "Please Wait" with an animated thing that never stops.

Anyone have any suggestions?

QUOTE]

I would do a BP and start over. After you enter your BB Identification(email/PW combo) and you get into AppWorld, you should be able to access your apps(under My World)- which are devided up into three categories:

Installed
    Uninstalled
    Unavailable- Not ready for OS 7 - yet. This should be the majority of our apps. So, you won't be able to install these apps anyway and if installed via DTM, majority won't work w/o some type of issues....if they work at all.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-23-11 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    08-23-11 03:33 PM
    I would do a BP and start over. After you enter your BB Identification(email/PW combo) and you get into AppWorld, you should be able to access your apps(under My World)- which are devided up into three categories:

Installed
    Uninstalled
    Unavailable- Not ready for OS 7 - yet. This should be the majority of our apps. So, you won't be able to install these apps anyway and if installed via DTM, majority won't work w/o some type of issues....if they work at all.
    Yeah I did get the App World working via these instructions...

But my App World DOES not work that way. Looks just the same as it did on my Torch 9800 and there seems to be no regard for OS7 compatibility it seems to think all the apps I had on my Torch 9800 were OS7 compatible. Even some people here were saying were not compatible.

So I did what that other thread said now I receive emails but can't send. Says I have not setup my email, I check the email settings and it says I am set up.

Moving from my Curve to my original Torch was a breeze. :P
    08-24-11 06:43 PM
    Just curious, what version of AppWorld are you using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD