Hi pals, for all the time I have using bb's I have never used the build in email client, I always use the gmail app.

But I really wanna know if I'm missing something cuz I see all my friends usa the bb email, what are the pro and cons on each one, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 06:38 AM
    gmail comes pretty much instantly setting it up via the phone. not sure why you'd put an app for it on the phone itself.
    08-05-09 07:12 AM
    One advantage of the Gmail app is that you can turn it off when there are times you don't want any emails coming in...
    08-05-09 10:50 AM
    Advantage of using the Gmail app are that you can access all your Gmail labels and features, as well as your Gmail contacts list when composing messages. However, if you use Google Sync, the contacts will come to your device as well. It also allows you to access your email when the BIS service is having issues.

I keep the Gmail app on my phone and use it for those things, but I do use BIS for receiving and sending as well--I also went a while just using it. The BB email app handles html pretty well, which the Gmail app won't do. If you want instant push, the BB will give you that. The Gmail app is usually about a maximum 15 minute delay.
    08-05-09 12:24 PM
    Hi pals, for all the time I have using bb's I have never used the build in email client, I always use the gmail app.

But I really wanna know if I'm missing something cuz I see all my friends usa the bb email, what are the pro and cons on each one, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The BIS email pros are pretty standard, that's why people use it:
    -Integrated the same as all your other email, in the same app
    -Don't have to keep a 3rd party app running
    -Doesn't the gmail app have to constantly poll in addition to any other data you are using? If so that's gonna use more battery
    -Launching composed email messages from other apps is going to rely on the native app anyways. If you wanted to send it from the gmail app you'd have to copy/paste manually or something like that.
    -Not that the gmail app is a monster, but you avoid the additional app memory used by it
    08-05-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD