I don't use contact pics, so I didn't know the answer to this. I just tried it and you are correct, contact pics do not sync. I am looking into this.

As for the Playbook. Unfortunately I don't understand. I have a Playbook with OS2 and Bridge. When I turn my Playbook on, it connects to my BB and all my contacts, calendar events, tasks, notes, memos are all there. Playbook and your BB are fully interoperable. There is nothing to sync.

Trialsman
    Correction!

Contact photos *DO* sync with Microsoft Outlook 2010. I was testing from Thunderbird earlier. My research indicated that contact photos were part of the contact record and that it should work. So I decided to test MS Outlook 2010...

Trialsman
    03-07-12 09:48 AM

As for the Playbook. Unfortunately I don't understand. I have a Playbook with OS2 and Bridge. When I turn my Playbook on, it connects to my BB and all my contacts, calendar events, tasks, notes, memos are all there. Playbook and your BB are fully interoperable. There is nothing to sync.

Trialsman
    I think what they mean is syncing contacts outside of the bridge, independently on the PB. I would also be interested in that also as I dont always bridge the PB to my phone
    03-07-12 10:02 AM
    I looked over the beta info posted as a pdf, and I am wondering how this is different from Funambol and other Funambol-based services? Is the only difference in the terms of service? Or are there additional enhancements in how the funambol sync is implemented?
    03-07-12 10:12 AM
    I think what they mean is syncing contacts outside of the bridge, independently on the PB. I would also be interested in that also as I dont always bridge the PB to my phone
    I don't see any apps on my Playbook for email, calendar etc to use outside of Bridge. In AppWorld all I see are third party apps.

How do you use PIM data on a Playbook if not bridged to a BB?
    03-07-12 10:19 AM
    I looked over the beta info posted as a pdf, and I am wondering how this is different from Funambol and other Funambol-based services? Is the only difference in the terms of service? Or are there additional enhancements in how the funambol sync is implemented?
    The only difference from myFunambol is terms of service. I have so far not been able to locate any other viable Funambol-based services. Even the people at Funambol only knew of a few and those were either: 1) using very outdated versions of the software, 2) restricting themselves to specific regions, or 3) charged a lot of money.
    03-07-12 10:23 AM
    I don't see any apps on my Playbook for email, calendar etc to use outside of Bridge. In AppWorld all I see are third party apps.

How do you use PIM data on a Playbook if not bridged to a BB?
    Are you not running the new OS2 update? It has a full suite of PIM apps in it now. Contacts, Messages. Calendar. It came out about Feb 21st or so
    03-07-12 10:38 AM
    Are you not running the new OS2 update? It has a full suite of PIM apps in it now. Contacts, Messages. Calendar. It came out about Feb 21st or so
    Yes, I have the official OS2 release. I was running the Developer release of OS2 for a few months before that.

Something must have gone wrong when it updated. I guess I'll try to wipe and reload.
    03-07-12 11:44 AM
    Interested, hope I'm not too late. Will this also sync what's on our BB to PB?
    03-11-12 05:33 AM
    Could we do this with your sync service?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rd-way-708148/
    03-11-12 09:18 AM
    Did a wipe and reloaded. Now the new apps are on my PB. Checking out how they work.

Trialsman
    03-12-12 02:02 PM
    You're not too late. Go ahead and sign up.

I see that the PB has a method for syncing Contacts and Calendars. I believe I can support those services. It may be a few weeks before I can make that available. But it can be done.

Trialsman
    03-12-12 02:04 PM
    Could we do this with your sync service?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rd-way-708148/

I may have this online already. I have been working on a much more sophisticated sync service than the one currently open for beta. The more sophisticated version will support syncing Calendar and Contact to PB. I'm testing it over the next 24 hours to see if I can offer it to you to try.

Trialsman
    03-12-12 03:22 PM
    Yes! I have successfully synced a laptop to a BB to a PB. A few minutes to set up on your PB and it's all automatic!

There is now also a most robust set of online tools to use the synced data from any computer including: calendar, contact, tasks, notes, file sharing and more.

I'll have this second system available for use within another 24 to 48 hours.

Trialsman
    03-13-12 12:53 PM
    To those that have signed up for the initial beta test of my PIM sync service...

I was already working on the second phase of the service, which is much more sophisticated including a very robust web interface to use all synced information from any computer with an internet connection. I have stepped up my schedule A LOT and the second phase is nearly ready. And as already stated, *it syncs to PB*!

Those that signed up for the beta test will still get a lifetime free license to the new service. That beta test is now over.

The new service will be open to the public within a few days!

Trialsman
    03-13-12 01:13 PM
    Thank you - looking forward to it!
    03-13-12 02:31 PM
    The original beta test service has been discontinued. Testers, don't uninstall the client from your BB. That client will remain the same however will use a different URL to connect.

More details soon.

Trialsman
    03-13-12 02:46 PM
    I would like to be involved as well thanks!
    04-01-12 07:24 AM
    If you're still looking for testers I'd be interested!
    04-01-12 03:40 PM
    I hope i am not too late to the party..
    Tried to access http://www.blackberrysyncmagic.com/d...beta_guide.pdf but it didn't work out.
    I am interrested to try it out and stuff, specially if it syncs with MS Exchange

Let me know,
    05-02-13 03:21 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD