Something similar to what a lot of folks are doing with the iPhone??
    08-20-09 11:35 AM
    LOL no. There are free apps though already
    08-20-09 11:38 AM
    I don't think so, considering BB apps don't have to be approved. You can get any app you want for free without going through an app store, as long as the developer doesn't charge for it.

Or I could be completely wrong
    08-20-09 11:40 AM
    Thanks... I just thought I'd ask...
    08-20-09 11:45 AM
    There are ways to crack apps that require a registration code that is Pin dependent.
    08-20-09 01:20 PM
    There are ways to crack apps that require a registration code that is Pin dependent.
    Stay away from elaborating on that. The developers work hard on creating apps for these devices. The ones that are worth the price need to be rewarded for their work. If everyone starts cracking apps they will stop developing them.

If I am not mistaken the whole point of jail breaking an iphone/ipod touch is to run apps that Apple doesn't allow, not to get free apps. BB doesn't have that issue, you can run whatever the heck you want.
    08-20-09 02:05 PM
    Stay away from elaborating on that. The developers work hard on creating apps for these devices. The ones that are worth the price need to be rewarded for their work. If everyone starts cracking apps they will stop developing them.

If I am not mistaken the whole point of jail breaking an iphone/ipod touch is to run apps that Apple doesn't allow, not to get free apps. BB doesn't have that issue, you can run whatever the heck you want.

Oh yeah, I didn't plan on detailing the process nor will I answer PM's on how to do it. I think if you enjoy an app well enough you should pay for it. Most of them don't cost any more that $5 anyways. Whats $5?
    08-20-09 02:10 PM
    Honestly, spending the 5 bucks is worth it. The time a person will waste on to learning how to do it, and then finding out not all app's can be cracked. Spend the $$ and don't worry about trying to get something for free.
    08-20-09 02:24 PM
    You are using a BlackBerry, a real business tool that has transitioned into the consumer world. Steve Jobs does not work for RIM, nor would RIM ever want him. BlackBerry's allow you to run any apps made for them with the only limitation is some apps are OS based like Storm 9530 apps that require the touch screen.

Apple has their userbase of iPhones snowed over as well as the iTouch users ageeing to be locked into the device and to use only what Jobs and compnay says you should.

I have an iTouch and I use it for specific apps and content but beyond that I rely solely on my BlackBerry as my business/personal communication device.
    08-20-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD