I have BB Traffic and it don't show traffic conditions (at least that I can find). I use it on occasion where needed, but I think BB Navigator will replace it.)

To look at road conditions I have been using Inrix because it will show any accidents or weather effects in the area affected, if Navigator will replace it better I'm all for it when activated in Canada.

Sent from my BlackBerry
    BB Traffic doesn't have a map view of the traffic but it knows about traffic conditions and incidents to navigate you by the quickest route around the traffic. I use my Playbook with magellan to see a big area with traffic overlay.
    01-05-13 06:38 PM
    I'm happy it works for me.....especially since it's not out for NA- yet. Besides......it is a beta.
    01-05-13 10:18 PM
    Petey and Mecca - thanks tons for discovering the workaround for us colonials . . I haven't had a chance yet to really use the app, but it seems to provide pretty much all of the essentials that ATT Nav does - while NOT costing $120/year!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    peteygrizz likes this.
    01-06-13 11:45 AM
    Petey and Mecca - thanks tons for discovering the workaround for us colonials . . I haven't had a chance yet to really use the app, but it seems to provide pretty much all of the essentials that ATT Nav does - while NOT costing $120/year!!!

Well we don't know about any pricing yet, free or subscription, after all this is the beta and blackberry is looking for ways to monetize services.
    01-06-13 11:50 AM
    Well we don't know about any pricing yet, free or subscription, after all this is the beta and blackberry is looking for ways to monetize services.
    This app will be worth paying for, IMO, when finally released. However, I doubt they will be quite as greedy as AT&T and charge an exorbitant subscription-like fee.
    01-06-13 03:31 PM
    This app will be worth paying for, IMO, when finally released. However, I doubt they will be quite as greedy as AT&T and charge an exorbitant subscription-like fee.
    I agree, petey - and anyway I would rather see RIM get the revenue than AT&T . .

peteygrizz likes this.
    01-06-13 04:04 PM
    Still nothing for CDMA devices. Usually 2 weeks from launch before RIM expands out.
    01-07-13 11:48 AM
    I had this installed the day the beta was launched. When I initially opened the app it did show me traffic but now it just goes to the direction view and I dont see an option to toggle for traffic. My initial observations are the following.

1) Loading time is a little slow, BB traffic boots up a lot quicker.
    2) UI is quite nice as others have mentioned that it is a lot like Goviko already available in the US. UI goes to Navigator.
    3) I like how when looking up addresses, it checks the contacts listed in the BB also it is very quick at pulling up the address list. On BB traffic that was a pain point.
    4) Finding POI's is once again awesome and very accurate, this was not good on BB traffic.

Overall I am quite impressed with BB Navigator and I only see it getting better.

On a side note anyone do a comparison of how much data this app uses as opposed to BB traffic or other navigation apps.
    01-07-13 01:22 PM
    I too was able to download it in Canada. Thanks OP.

A couple of quick, slightly off-topic, questions. In the "connection" settings under "preferences" there are various different types (all with TCP or HTTP), e.g WiFi, BWP, BES, Direct TCP and WAP2.0. I can figure out the WiFI and BES ones, but what is BWP? And when would you choose TCP or HTTP? Is there a setting to choose that selects the best option automatically?
    01-09-13 03:37 PM
    I too was able to download it in Canada. Thanks OP.

A couple of quick, slightly off-topic, questions. In the "connection" settings under "preferences" there are various different types (all with TCP or HTTP), e.g WiFi, BWP, BES, Direct TCP and WAP2.0. I can figure out the WiFI and BES ones, but what is BWP? And when would you choose TCP or HTTP? Is there a setting to choose that selects the best option automatically?
    I am not sure, probably just selects the mode automatically as is. I have been prompted that it had changed when plotting a route while still in my driveway, and connected to wifi. After leaving the yard, a popup notified me that it had changed from WiFi(TCP) to BWP(TCP). I am not sure what BWP is, though.
    Jaralle likes this.
    01-09-13 07:24 PM
    There's a new beta update, today. Works a lot smoother, and maps are updated.
    peteygrizz and Blacklatino like this.
    01-10-13 11:19 AM
    There's a new beta update, today. Works a lot smoother, and maps are updated.
    Yeah. Updated this morning and didn't notice the occasional "stall"while in 3D as previously mentioned when changing directions.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-10-13 10:36 PM
    its only for os 7 . please make for india n os 6 users 2
    01-11-13 02:10 AM
    its only for os 7 . please make for india n os 6 users 2
    It will be available for your country soon. I've had a few OS6 users test this, and it works. Problem now, is that RIM fixed the keycode they were having, with the first beta release. If you haven't installed BB Nav already, you won't be able to without a keycode.
    01-11-13 07:16 AM
    It will be available for your country soon. I've had a few OS6 users test this, and it works. Problem now, is that RIM fixed the keycode they were having, with the first beta release. If you haven't installed BB Nav already, you won't be able to without a keycode.
    BOLD PART: You think they are going to make it for the 9780? ..they put 9790 x_x ..even if i changed location/phone ..still doesnt work.
    01-11-13 03:06 PM
    I'm extremely disappointed they still havent seen it worthwhile to have maps support for any Caribbean country. even iOS maps supports the caribbean. Now tht google has dropped support for bb with their maps what should we use?... switch to android or iphones? get it together rim.
    01-11-13 03:27 PM
    I'm extremely disappointed they still havent seen it worthwhile to have maps support for any Caribbean country. even iOS maps supports the caribbean. Now tht google has dropped support for bb with their maps what should we use?... switch to android or iphones? get it together rim.
    Well, don't be a gloomy-gus. Have faith. I'm sure it's coming.

peteygrizz likes this.
    01-11-13 04:02 PM
    It is a Beta after all, We aren't even supposed to have access to it yet.
    01-11-13 06:48 PM
    Google maps works on my BB.
    01-11-13 09:14 PM
    No maps support for eastern Europe as well.
    01-12-13 02:47 AM
    BOLD PART: You think they are going to make it for the 9780? ..they put 9790 x_x ..even if i changed location/phone ..still doesnt work.
    Find an OS7 device, with the same screen resolution as your model device, and use that version to download for your phone. It should work.
    01-12-13 10:45 AM
    Find an OS7 device, with the same screen resolution as your model device, and use that version to download for your phone. It should work.
    9360 is one that has the same resolution and it didn't work then i actually tried every download and no success ..oh well ...BB10 is on its way so no worries ...thanks for the tip tho

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Crackberry's Forum App.
    01-12-13 12:31 PM
    Thanks OP for the info. At least in Boston and Cambridge it does not work well. Does not know exactly where you are or when a street is one way. Tells me to make a turn after I have already made it. Does not compare to a Garmin. I know it is a beta so just reporting.
    01-14-13 07:26 AM
    It is a Beta after all, We aren't even supposed to have access to it yet.
    I know. but i was talking in-terms of their maps app in general. NO RIM map app (bb maps, traffic and now navigator) has support for the caribbean.
    01-14-13 12:17 PM
    I know. but i was talking in-terms of their maps app in general. NO RIM map app (bb maps, traffic and now navigator) has support for the caribbean.
    Oh wow that sucks. I wasn't aware of that situation.
    01-14-13 12:21 PM
54 123