So I changed my address to a London address in BetaZone and what do you know...BB Navigator downloaded and works very well here in the States! I have taken a few short drives and have no bugs or issues to comment on yet

BB Navigator for U.S. (And elsewhere outside the U.K.)...-s13_01_05__14_13_56.jpg

BB Navigator for U.S. (And elsewhere outside the U.K.)...-s13_01_05__14_13_38.jpg
    Last edited by peteygrizz; 01-05-13 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Remove personal info.
    01-05-13 01:25 PM
    So I changed my address to a London address in BetaZone and what do you know...BB Navigator downloaded and works very well here in the States! I have taken a few short drives and have no bugs or issues to comment on yet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s13_01_05__14_13_56.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	130370

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s13_01_05__14_13_38.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	130371
    I can confirm that this totally works. Installed and no keycode necessary..for now. Hurry before this is gone.
    go1ndr, Blacklatino and peteygrizz like this.
    01-05-13 02:02 PM
    great find!
    peteygrizz likes this.
    01-05-13 02:03 PM
    So far the navigation is accurate, responsive and updates quickly. It is reminiscent of TomTom interfaces and guidance(naturally, as it is designed by them). Hopefully keeps working so I can try it out in real world use on service calls this week. The weather on the main screen on startup was a pleasant surprise as well.
    01-05-13 02:10 PM
    Petey is the man!!! And it updates to Facebook... RIM and Facebook are in bed. I'm convinced
    01-05-13 02:14 PM
    Yup it works been using it in south africa since yesterday noon.... Though i used the keycode
    peteygrizz likes this.
    01-05-13 02:26 PM
    Ok changed my address to a uk one but its not showing up under downloads.... Does it take time to propagate the address?

Anyone got a link ?
    01-05-13 02:47 PM
    Ok changed my address to a uk one but its not showing up under downloads.... Does it take time to propagate the address?

Anyone got a link ?
    I had to log out and sign back in for it to show up.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-05-13 02:50 PM

Anyone got a link ?
    Then make sure you agree to participate.
    01-05-13 02:54 PM
    All I can say is........thanks for the information, Pete. Working fine over here.
    peteygrizz likes this.
    01-05-13 03:16 PM
    Got it downloaded.... Thanks petey and Mecca. So far the only glitch ( possibly ) is that my location is reporting about 5 km's off, although I'm inside a factory now I will retry outside.

Sent from my BlackBerry

Edit: works accurately outdoors. Score !
    Mecca EL and peteygrizz like this.
    01-05-13 03:19 PM
    Technique worked in Canada to get it to download, but if I show traffic it doesn't show anything Canadian side of the border, zooming out it shows traffic and incidents on US side of the border. Directions and 3D view worked, nice to see it also has list view like bb traffic although not as much detail.
    01-05-13 03:25 PM
    Got it downloaded.... So far the only glitch ( possibly ) is that my location is reporting about 5 km's off, although I'm inside a factory now I will retry outside

Sent from my BlackBerry
    Yeah sat nav, gps, whatever, requires direct view of the sky to work accurately. It is approximating your location based on cell towers.
    01-05-13 03:25 PM
    Traffic is working in my area. I am sure they'll get to Canada soon enough. I was surprised they already had the maps ready for N.A. and other areas.
    01-05-13 03:27 PM
    Got it downloaded.... So far the only glitch ( possibly ) is that my location is reporting about 5 km's off, although I'm inside a factory now I will retry outside

Sent from my BlackBerry
    It happens. I haven't used a Navigator system that wasn't off inside a building. Should be more accurate outside.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-05-13 03:28 PM
    PS it wouldn't connect to bbm, said limit of downloads has been reached.
    01-05-13 03:29 PM
    Technique worked in Canada to get it to download, but if I show traffic it doesn't show anything Canadian side of the border, zooming out it shows traffic and incidents on US side of the border. Directions and 3D view worked, nice to see it also has list view like bb traffic although not as much detail.
    If you need traffic in Canada (well I imagine north america). There is a free app called INRIX Traffic on App World. Works great in my area and updates fairly quickly .

Sent from my BlackBerry
    01-05-13 03:37 PM
    PS it wouldn't connect to bbm, said limit of downloads has been reached.
    Yeah I got the same message, not too concerned about that feature anyway though.
    Last edited by peteygrizz; 01-05-13 at 03:57 PM. Reason: 6th grade grammar.
    01-05-13 03:47 PM
    If you need traffic in Canada (well I imagine north america). There is a free app called INRIX Traffic on App World. Works great in my area and updates fairly quickly .

Sent from my BlackBerry
    I'm using bb traffic at the moment, assuming this new navigator app will replace bb maps and bb traffic.
    01-05-13 03:57 PM
    Yes I got the same error, just left it .....it'll def get resolved
    01-05-13 03:59 PM
    In the weather section shows degrees F but wind speeds are metres/second, in about location altitude is also metres, no option to change units to degrees C yet though.
    01-05-13 04:18 PM
    That's funny. It is a beta release, after all. Try the Regional menu in Preferences.
    01-05-13 04:33 PM
    That's funny. It is a beta release, after all. Try the Regional menu in Preferences.
    That worked thanks, now I have degrees C - I didn't find it because preferences doesn't show on the map or weather screen, you can only get there from the initial screen. There are a nice set of options in there, plenty of customization - some such as avoid toll roads not working for me yet.
    01-05-13 04:56 PM
    I'm using bb traffic at the moment, assuming this new navigator app will replace bb maps and bb traffic.
    I have BB Traffic and it don't show traffic conditions (at least that I can find). I use it on occasion where needed, but I think BB Navigator will replace it.)

To look at road conditions I have been using Inrix because it will show any accidents or weather effects in the area affected, if Navigator will replace it better I'm all for it when activated in Canada.

Sent from my BlackBerry
    01-05-13 05:00 PM
    Thanks peteygrizz.

The app looks pretty good. It's a bit laggy, but it's better than I expected for a beta version.
    01-05-13 06:18 PM
54 123