Hey guys,
    I just bought a BB and it's coming in the mail tomorrow. I am with verizon and i did not purchase the $10 a month verizon navigation plan. I notice that BB has an app in its appworld called BB maps, So i was wondering if i have the BB email/ internet plan could I use the maps app for free?
    07-21-09 12:45 AM
    yes you can.

the biggest difference b/t the bb maps (or google maps for that matter) and vz navigator (to me) is the turn by turn directions that vz navigator gives you.
    07-21-09 12:55 AM
    o ok great. So i can't get turn by turn notifications but still see a map of where i am? and if so thanks!
    07-21-09 01:01 AM
    yes you can, and it can give you directions, but just not turn by turn (think of google maps on a computer) it will also show you where you are (GPS)

personally, i like google maps mobile better but that's just me. i say get it too and see which one you like
    07-21-09 01:03 AM
    yes you can.

the biggest difference b/t the bb maps (or google maps for that matter) and vz navigator (to me) is the turn by turn directions that vz navigator gives you.
    another key difference between maps and navigation apps are reroute detours.
    07-21-09 01:04 AM
    ye for sure and use this link? Google Maps for your mobile phone
    07-21-09 01:05 AM
    Hey guys,
    I just bought a BB and it's coming in the mail tomorrow. I am with verizon and i did not purchase the $10 a month verizon navigation plan. I notice that BB has an app in its appworld called BB maps, So i was wondering if i have the BB email/ internet plan could I use the maps app for free?
    VZ nav's turn by turn is great until you're in an area that doens't have a cell signal and you're lost and you're stuck.
    I went on a long trip from Philly to the Great lakes and the turn by turn of vz nav was great- WAY better than the maps. But when i entered areas without cell towers and lost the signal i wished i had a stand alone unit that only uses satilites.

If you don't go out of a city vz nav is fine.
    if you plan to travel near the "boondocks" get a standalone.
    07-21-09 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD