When will they update BB Maps? Or have they for OS 6? Its very plain on my storm2
    08-10-10 04:48 PM
    No idea when BB maps will be updated and if its coming to non os6 devices. But gmaps is a very good alternative. I deleted BB maps because I never use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 08:52 PM
    No idea when BB maps will be updated and if its coming to non os6 devices. But gmaps is a very good alternative. I deleted BB maps because I never use it.

Ditto... BB Maps sucks. GoogleMaps isnt even very good. What i would like to see is a GPS/Mapping program that doesnt need internet access to track and show actual maps.
    08-10-10 11:45 PM
    When will they update BB Maps? Or have they for OS 6? Its very plain on my storm2
    Could have used a question mark on that title - no?

08-11-10 05:41 AM
    Ditto... BB Maps sucks. GoogleMaps isnt even very good. What i would like to see is a GPS/Mapping program that doesnt need internet access to track and show actual maps.
    That would be a huge app. There are free apps that do just that but you have to download the map of where you are going before you go on a trip on your pc

08-11-10 01:15 PM
    That would be a huge app. There are free apps that do just that but you have to download the map of where you are going before you go on a trip on your pc
    I've tried a few of those apps. The UI isn't very good... I guess I'm just too picky
    08-11-10 01:20 PM
    don't you like Google Maps?
    08-11-10 01:23 PM
    I really do wish that we didn't need to use data to do it. It always seems it downloads the maps way too slow. If it was already in it with updates every so often that would be the best mapping application ever.
    08-11-10 01:24 PM
    I really do wish that we didn't need to use data to do it. It always seems it downloads the maps way too slow. If it was already in it with updates every so often that would be the best mapping application ever.
    LTE may ease your pain a bit...
    08-11-10 01:30 PM
    I like google maps...jw about bb maps. You would think RIM would step it up. Does anyone know if BB maps is any different on OS6?

08-11-10 04:06 PM
    I love google maps...and the best thing is tht its free...how can you beat tht!

08-11-10 04:31 PM
    I like google maps...jw about bb maps. You would think RIM would step it up. Does anyone know if BB maps is any different on OS6?

Not sure WHY RIM should "step it up". Why reinvent the wheel? GM works pretty well and is an app used on so many platforms it should be familiar to the average bear.
    08-11-10 05:21 PM
    Did you answer the question?

08-11-10 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD