Hi All,

Where the heck do I download BBMaps for the Tour? I went to the BB site, and it almost looks like they don't want you using it with the Tour. The link they sent me was for some LBS Ribbon or something.... not the maps program.
    05-02-10 12:39 PM
    BBMaps is included with the OS for the Tour. The RIM link you found is for obsolete OS versions only and really needs to be taken down. It causes a lot of confusion.

If you have your Tour OS installed as an app on your PC, run the DM App Loader and check the box beside BBMaps. That will install it on your Tour. This is the ONLY way to install BBMaps. There isn't an OTA installer.

If you don't have the Tour OS installed on your PC, you can download it from Verizon BlackBerry Software Updates. This site will only have the latest officially released OS, which is 5.0.0.591. People have had a lot of problems with it, including bricked and unrecoverable phones. I don't recommend installing it, but you will have to install some OS to get BBMaps.
    05-02-10 12:52 PM
    Thanks for the info! It turns out I wasn't just missing BBMaps!
    05-02-10 12:56 PM
    I have the Tour and BB maps. Every time I use it I have to have a start position. How come it doesn't know where I am automatically like google maps?
    05-02-10 03:43 PM
    Does BB maps have some sort of GPS function that automatically can tell my position? Do I always have to enter my address to get started?
    05-02-10 03:44 PM
    Press Menu / Start Navigation. That'll command BBMaps to get your current location from the GPS.
    05-02-10 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD